The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco

Not sure what you mean by that last post Gabriel, happy to discuss further if you think it would be useful.

thebar

Quote from: Bronco on September 14, 2020, 08:49:13 AM
Not sure what you mean by that last post Gabriel, happy to discuss further if you think it would be useful.

I think he was finding it hard to take you serious after that comment.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Bronco

Ok,thanks for clarifying that. I respect his right to hold a different opinion, but I don't think there is any need for such hostility.

Quote from: thebar on September 14, 2020, 10:20:35 AM
Quote from: Bronco on September 14, 2020, 08:49:13 AM

I think he was finding it hard to take you serious after that comment.

trileacman

Quote from: Hound on September 13, 2020, 08:00:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2020, 01:01:07 PM
I thought Jones looked very promising yesterday. Nice control and change of direction in tight spaces and can find a pass. Combined well with Salah.
Absolutely. He wasn't great for their goal, but he was a breath of fresh air after that. 

For me the midfield trio that has the best all round impact is;
-Fabinho for stability and defensive cover
-One of Hendo, Gini, Milner for legs and drive and leadership 
-One of Keita, Ox, Jones for attacking quality and positive distribution

Its Fab,Gini and Hendo for me.

For me Fab and Keita are the most alike their difference being Fab likes to pass and Keita is a head down and dribble MF.

Hendo and Milner are similar kind of MF's, deep lying, hard-working grafters with enough football acumen to get by.

Gini, Ox and Jones are your more typical attacking MFs and Gini is streets ahead of the other 2.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Bronco

Fabinho and Keita are totally different players. And I think Liverpool should be aiming their sights a bit higher than midfielders who can "get by".

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bronco

Thiago undoubtedly has far more ability than Fabinho, Henderson or Milner,that goes without saying.

However he's no spring chicken and he has taken a step down which would make you wonder if he sees it as just a money making move.hopefully he performs at the level we've seen him at for Bayern.

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 17, 2020, 09:40:15 AM
Thiago.
Pearce.
Nuff said?

brokencrossbar1

Excellent signing. The ridiculous thing is we have signed a world class player, at his peak, from one of the biggest clubs in the world and current CL holders....for £20m!  We were that club for years....being picked off by Barca or Madrid....If we can keep Gini for this season you could see Fabinho covering the 4th CB spot as needed. Gini goes for free end of next season and we invest in a top class CB.

Maybe get some money in for Wilson and Gruijic to buy another WF....Sarr is the name being touted. Think he'll be the late in the window deal

Bronco

Fabinho isn't up to it at centre back,or midfield for that matter. His main talents seem to be getting away with persistent fouling and falling over to win soft fouls.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2020, 12:37:13 PM
Excellent signing. The ridiculous thing is we have signed a world class player, at his peak, from one of the biggest clubs in the world and current CL holders....for £20m!  We were that club for years....being picked off by Barca or Madrid....If we can keep Gini for this season you could see Fabinho covering the 4th CB spot as needed. Gini goes for free end of next season and we invest in a top class CB.

Maybe get some money in for Wilson and Gruijic to buy another WF....Sarr is the name being touted. Think he'll be the late in the window deal

Still need cover for Mane and Salah for sure. But apparently Watford are hoping for 40 million for Sarr, which I can't see Liverpool forking out.

I'd like to see another centre back for this season. Surely there's someone suitable, maybe late career, out there who'd be willing to come in and play 10-15 games in the hope of challenging for a trophy. Fabinho is superb in the defensive midfield role. Leave him there.

trueblue1234

Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2020, 12:50:21 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 17, 2020, 12:37:13 PM

Still need cover for Mane and Salah for sure. But apparently Watford are hoping for 40 million for Sarr, which I can't see Liverpool forking out.

I'd like to see another centre back for this season. Surely there's someone suitable, maybe late career, out there who'd be willing to come in and play 10-15 games in the hope of challenging for a trophy. Fabinho is superb in the defensive midfield role. Leave him there.
[/b]

Have to agree. Different sort of player from Gini. And better legs than Milner. When he gets a run in the side he gets stronger as well. Would really like to see Gomez steady himself again, as I had big hopes that him and VVD would be the 1st choice centre pairing for a few years. Not so sure on that now unfortunately.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

brokencrossbar1

I would prefer Fab as Defensive MF. I am simply saying as a 4th Choice CB, if needed. VVD, Gomez and Matip are all excellent. I think it would be difficult to find someone to do what Lovren did last season so improvise

Bronco

Gomez is not a competent defender for a top 6 club. He makes mistakes far too often. Lovren,for all his flaws, was much better than Gomez ever will be.