Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Totally pathetic by Ardboe if correct

Bendyerback

Quote from: on the sideline on July 03, 2018, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Quarterback on July 03, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Pattern of events last night in the Galbally v Ardboe Game

10 Mins left to play in the second half and Galbally are about to go 11 points up from a short free
Galbally forward goes short, goal chance is on when there is a collision between Ardboe keeper and his own midfielder
Keeper is able to pull off a save AFTER the collision the proceeds to lie down
Ardboe manager runs straight to the referee and shouts 'Call an Ambulance' then goes to see how his player is
Keeper remains lying on the field for over an hour until ambulance comes
Meantime Ardboe players walk of the field including their well known manager and go home roughly around 10 mins after the initial incident with no concern for the 'seriously injured' keeper
Galbally offer to play the remainder of the game under lights - Ardboe don't agree and offer a point each
Keeper is later released from the hospital with a stiff neck!

If this is what happened and it was Ardboe walking off the pitch after the incident and Galbally wanting to finish it, rather than the referee abandoning the game, then the points will be awarded to Galbally.  If it wasn't the referees decision to finish the game then this is the only possible outcome.

Who was the referee?

Quarterback

Therealdonald

Wasn't at the game so only going on hearsay but for what its worth.

Keeper outcold for 2/3mins, when he woke he had pins and needles down his arms and neck - so please tell me what brave soldier would have moved him? As for moving the game to the training field its not an option, as practical and all as it would seem.

From the same collision their midfielder was concussed badly as well.

Ambulance supposedly arrived an hour after the incident, so the lad was on the field for an hour not able to move. Take from that what you will. I imagine that there'll be someone down the loughshore who will see sense about this and possibly give Galbally the points in the matter of not fulfilling the re-fixture. But as I said all hearsay.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jeremiah O on July 03, 2018, 11:56:02 AM
Aye,a few boys playing at the minute who had to dust down the oul steel toe cap boots!

What's happened Jeremiah? It's not that long ago when you boys would have a panel of 40 men at least?

sam03/05

Ardboe a long history of this type of thing..

bigtogs

Was in Galbally last night not sure how bad keeper was..The way Gavin Devlin run across the field and got the length of the keeper makes me very suspicious... Gavin Devlin did not cover himself in glory in my opinion... 90 per cent of the Ardboe team and management where home at the tea before the ambulance ever arrived.. disappointing behaviour..

Under Lights

SkillfulBill

Ardboe on 11 points with Omagh Dromore and Errigal to play says it all it's not just suspicious but down right dishonest.  A new low.

TROUSERS

Quote from: bigtogs on July 03, 2018, 10:12:20 PM
Was in Galbally last night not sure how bad keeper was..The way Gavin Devlin run across the field and got the length of the keeper makes me very suspicious... Gavin Devlin did not cover himself in glory in my opinion... 90 per cent of the Ardboe team and management where home at the tea before the ambulance ever arrived.. disappointing behaviour..

What's disappointing about looking out for your own players welfare?

bigtogs

Quote from: TROUSERS on July 03, 2018, 11:01:55 PM

Nothing....

redzone

The more you hear from posters the more it seems that it might have actually happened. Imangine someone actually needed that ambulance and died because it wasn't available because someone called it to get a game called off. Police should be involved if it turns out that it's true. Aboulste disgrace to the club if he did that

Quarterback

[/quote

Devlin weren't too worried about his players welfare!!! He was in his car on the way down the road.  He also instructed his players to tog in within mins after the incident had happened.  The county board need to make a statement here - cheating can not be tolerated.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Quarterback on July 03, 2018, 11:40:30 PM

[/quote

Devlin weren't too worried about his players welfare!!! He was in his car on the way down the road.  He also instructed his players to tog in within mins after the incident had happened.  The county board need to make a statement here - cheating can not be tolerated.

As with most other issues on here this is getting out of hand very quickly.

Bendyerback

Quote from: redzone on July 03, 2018, 11:12:52 PM
The more you hear from posters the more it seems that it might have actually happened. Imangine someone actually needed that ambulance and died because it wasn't available because someone called it to get a game called off. Police should be involved if it turns out that it's true. Aboulste disgrace to the club if he did that

"Police should be involved"

Wise up.

That's a bigger issue.