The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2019, 02:16:47 PM
Clyne away to Bournemouth on loan

I am hoping this means that Gomez is close to a return. I know Milner or Fabinho can cover at RB  but its not what you would want for the rest of the season if TAA picked up a bad knock. You know Gomez can slot in there with Matip/Lovren ( ::)) covering at CH.

£19m for Solanke is good business for both clubs. Solanke is a decent, old fashioned forward but not mobile enough for Klopp's system. He will score goals though if he gets a run in the team.

Maroon Manc

Kompany should have been sent off, off the ground with studs showing. Not sure what Carragher was on about.

How Anthony Taylor gets games involving United & City is beyond me, he's a Manc who apparently supports Altrincham; Don't see how any Mancunian wouldn't have a soft spot for either Manchester club.

I'll be interested to see how Liverpool do in the run in when the pressure is on although I'm not overly convinced its an advantage City have over you; Will the front 3 tire come April? They'll have played a lot of football by then, can they keep going at the same pace!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 04, 2019, 03:56:25 PM
Kompany should have been sent off, off the ground with studs showing. Not sure what Carragher was on about.

How Anthony Taylor gets games involving United & City is beyond me, he's a Manc who apparently supports Altrincham; Don't see how any Mancunian wouldn't have a soft spot for either Manchester club.

I'll be interested to see how Liverpool do in the run in when the pressure is on although I'm not overly convinced its an advantage City have over you; Will the front 3 tire come April? They'll have played a lot of football by then, can they keep going at the same pace!

The tiredness issue is interesting as I read a stat which states that Liverpool have actually significantly reduced the amount of grass they cover per game this season in comparison to previous seasons and are sitting middle of the pack in that regards.  This could be very telling as the real business end of the season kicks in and the legs start tiring.

Harold Disgracey

Solanke away to Bournemouth for £19m. Good business?

Milltown Row2

Liverpool have not pressed as much this year, have they scored as many this time of the year than last? I know they have conceeded far les and thats their first loss! Amazing season so far.

Maybe Klopp was holding back a bit last night, why Fab wasnt on from start (think he's a cracker) and when Shaq came on he played deeper than normal, what about Keita? Is he adopting to the pace of the EPL?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 04:55:24 PM
Liverpool have not pressed as much this year, have they scored as many this time of the year than last? I know they have conceeded far les and thats their first loss! Amazing season so far.

Maybe Klopp was holding back a bit last night, why Fab wasnt on from start (think he's a cracker) and when Shaq came on he played deeper than normal, what about Keita? Is he adopting to the pace of the EPL?

Currently have scored 49 and conceded 10 goals
Last season after 21 games, scored 48 and conceded 24 goals

The big difference this season is less draws and more wins.

J70

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 04, 2019, 04:31:39 PM

Big time.

Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Esmarelda

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 04, 2019, 04:31:39 PM

Big time.

Be interesting to see how he gets on.
He's only 21. It might not turn out to be as good a piece of business as some think.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Be like NUFC selling Andy Carroll, not Andy Cole
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

imtommygunn

It's hard to see how they could get 19 million or close for what he has done so far and he must be bought purely on promise. I wonder are there quite a few clauses for appearances both at club level and international level?

Boycey

£19mill is the new £5mill, City sold some young lad to Real today for a fee that could rise to £21 mill. Every time you think the market is gonna slow down it goes the other way.

Not a reflection on Solanke who I know next to nothing about...

Syferus

Given he's barely had any proper chances at this level yet declaring it good or bad business either way is crazy tbh.

He could be worth double that fee alone after one good season. Klopp for all his cheerleading has mostly leaned on big money purchases rather than player development.

J70

Solanke played a fair bit last season though, to the extent that Sturridge was loaned out.