Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 18, 2019, 11:49:16 AM
Fernando Ricksen. Taken away at a very young age, but I'd imagine his passing is a release for the fella, given the nature of his illness.

Rest In Peace.

Wouldn't be too arsed about the Celtic Rangers fandango but he played in the last decent era of Scottish football and was a constant thorn in Celtics side, remember hating him with a passion just because of the way he got results, but have to say watching his illness play out has been gutwrenching and put a new perspective on things for me, no-one deserves that and God love him and his family. Was great to see the 2 sides of Glasgow come together in support of him in recent times. Indeed I would imagine it'll be a relief to the poor fella that his suffering is over. RIP

J70

Unimaginable disease. Mind perfectly sharp and functional, but your body just fails you completely, leaving you trapped inside, communicating with your eye movements.

RIP Fernando.

under the bar

Fernando Ricksen. Taken away at a very young age, but I'd imagine his passing is a release for the fella, given the nature of his illness.

Rest In Peace.

RIP. Great player

BennyCake

Awful disease. At least he's suffering no more. Saw him in an interview a while back and it was difficult  not to be affected by it. RIP.

under the bar

Quote from: tiempo on September 18, 2019, 11:57:22 AM

Rest In Peace.

Wouldn't be too arsed about the Celtic Rangers fandango but he played in the last decent era of Scottish football and was a constant thorn in Celtics side, remember hating him with a passion just because of the way he got results, but have to say watching his illness play out has been gutwrenching and put a new perspective on things for me, no-one deserves that and God love him and his family. Was great to see the 2 sides of Glasgow come together in support of him in recent times. Indeed I would imagine it'll be a relief to the poor fella that his suffering is over. RIP

I never minded Ricksen.  Never one to gloat or rub it in.  Lovenkrands on the other hand...

ziggysego

Retired Bishop of Derry and former Bishop of Raphoe, the Most Rev Dr Seamus Hegarty in Letterkenny Hospital this afternoon.
Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: ziggysego on September 20, 2019, 04:30:14 PM
Retired Bishop of Derry and former Bishop of Raphoe, the Most Rev Dr Seamus Hegarty in Letterkenny Hospital this afternoon.

Probably the most well-known man not named McHugh to come out of Kilcar. RIP.

Gabriel_Hurl

Former French President Jacques Chirac - 86

Dire Ear

Former BBC and ITN newsreader, and Question Time presenter, Peter Sissons has died aged 77

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 02, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
Former BBC and ITN newsreader, and Question Time presenter, Peter Sissons has died aged 77
The Anne Robinson video is class. Funny man.

https://youtu.be/C7PuKPiTT_4

BarryBreensBandage

Ginger Baker, Cream's iconic drummer, and a bit of a wild man, has passed away. His youtube videos are worth a watch.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Clov

Ciaran Carson.

A great man and a fabulous poet.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

paddyjohn

Eamonn Burns, former Down Footballer.

BennyCake

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 09, 2019, 02:57:52 PM
Eamonn Burns, former Down Footballer.

The recent manager Eamonn Burns???