Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

A huge weekend for Div 2.

Derry v Meath - this game could go a long way toward deciding who gets promoted given form so far. Derry I would say have stumbled to 2 victories so far without really firing. Meath probably a bit of a surprise package so far but looking to at least maintain Div2 status. Tough game to call but I'll give Derry a tentative nod as I think the Meath defence is a bit too open.

Clare v Kildare - Clare are hard to beat and Kildare are struggling. Kildare really need a win quickly and if they don't get it here they could easily get relegated. Hard game to call.

Louth v Limerick - Louth at home to a really disappointing Limerick. I can see Limerick not winning a game in the division at this point. Louth win.

Cork v Dublin - Cork have been going well enough but I think the defence will let them down against Dublin. Dublin have just been going about their business without looking awesome they don't look like getting beat.

thejuice

Meath:
Harry Hogan (Longwood),

Adam O'Neill (Wolfe Tones) ,
Michael Flood (St. Brigid's) ,
Harry O'Higgins (Drumbaragh Emmets) ,

Jack O'Connor (Curraha) ,
Donal Keogan (Capt) (Rathkenny) ,
Cathal Hickey (Seneschalstown),

Ronan Jones (St. Peter's Dunboyne),
Daithí McGowan (Ratoath),

Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey),
Jason Scully (Oldcastle),
Darragh Campion (Skryne),

Jordan Morris (Kingscourt Stars),
Donal Lenihan (St. Peter's Dunboyne),
Shane Walsh (Na Fianna)

Subs: Sean Brennan (Dunderry), James O'Hare (Rathkenny), Daniel O'Neill (Wolfe Tones), Shane Crosby (Duleek-Bellewstown), Robin Clarke (Duleek-Belllewstown), Brían Conlon (Simonstown Gaels), Shane McEntee (St. Peter's Dunboyne), Eoin Harkin (Dunsany), Diarmuid Moriarty (Curraha), Thomas O'Reilly (Wolfe Tones), Aaron Lynch (Trim)

Meath unchanged. Shane Walsh back fit but Costello still out. If Walsh is not fully fit Moriarty to start instead I would expect. Toughest challenge for Colm so far but he seems to have settled on a starting 15 and has been quick to make changes when needed and it's worked out so far.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Captain Scarlet

Kildare unchanged from the Cork game. Surely we won't line out like that, so it's another pointless team sheet.
If Clare pack around the D we will do all the hard work by clogging it all up and our forwards as a unit do not move defenders around.
Meanwhile we are somehow still leaving space on our end. We have v low football IQ. The first Cork goal had 8 defenders all pulled to one side and we allowed a clean run through.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 18, 2023, 10:30:31 AM
Kildare unchanged from the Cork game. Surely we won't line out like that, so it's another pointless team sheet.
If Clare pack around the D we will do all the hard work by clogging it all up and our forwards as a unit do not move defenders around.
Meanwhile we are somehow still leaving space on our end. We have v low football IQ. The first Cork goal had 8 defenders all pulled to one side and we allowed a clean run through.

Clare defence was poor against Meath. Need Ciaran Russell at centre back(named on bench)  Would expect Kildare to win this. Key player Emmet McMahon was cramping badly in Sigerson final so might be doubtful for tomorrow.

the goal was on

got a feeling meath will be heading back to drawing board after today. Louth should get over limerick if produce performance like last day. dubs to sneak by cork and kildare to do likewise though a home victory in either of those could happen.

screenexile

Who the f**k is this ref?

Captain Obvious

Rory Gallagher still spitting on his hands, surely not needed with all that rain?

Estimator

Sean Cavanagh's pre-match analysis:
Derry rely too much on scores from Shane McGuigan

Derry score 2-08 in the first half, McGuigan with 0-01 of that total.

Ulster League Champions 2009

Derryman forever

Quote from: screenexile on February 18, 2023, 05:19:53 PM
Who the f**k is this ref?

He was just enjoying a pint in Hagans and they sent him out with the whistle , just for the craic.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Estimator on February 18, 2023, 05:41:53 PM
Sean Cavanagh's pre-match analysis:
Derry rely too much on scores from Shane McGuigan

Derry score 2-08 in the first half, McGuigan with 0-01 of that total.

Great player shocking poor pundit

Milltown Row2

Sideways football would melt your brain!! 3 points in 43 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2023, 06:02:24 PM

They are actually kicking it, but not.working.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 18, 2023, 06:03:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2023, 06:02:24 PM

They are actually kicking it, but not.working.

Derry sideways Meath not able to score
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

the commentator said that Derry had great handling!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pbat

Ger Canning is stealing a living.