Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Its almost August and we're still involved in the Championship.  Cool.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whats my name

the full cavan derry game is on setanta tonight at 11 if anyone has it

Itchy

Cavan 2.12 Longford 4.4

Fr manning cup today in longford

rodney trotter

Very strong u16 team this year, good to see them back playing in the Gerry Reilly Cup and the Fr Manning Cp. They opted out for the past 3/4 years.

anglocelt39

Got into a conversation at work today with various Dublin, Mayo and Kerry heads and let the guard down badly when the started asking me who I was hoping for in the Quarter Finals. Suddenly getting a fierce queasy feeling about Saturday which will only get worse come 3 bells on the day. Anybody else feel the same way? Win by whatever margin and it was expected any other result doesnt bear thinking about.

Going to make the same mistake again now and say that IF we get over London I have this strong feeling it will be the mushroom pickers again. The one I would want to avoid would be the Dubs. That lot getting a jump on us at Croke Park with a full hill making noise could have an ugly ending. Monaghan could be sitting ducks in the Quarters, bring the Anglo Celt Cup on a tour of the County may backfire on them in terms of mental preparation.

Understand Gilsenan is out and they are watching McLoughlin and McDermott for fitness.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

Christ AC39 you have me worried now too!! We can't lose to them.. Surely we will get over the line somehow.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Westside on July 25, 2013, 11:10:48 PM
Christ AC39 you have me worried now too!! We can't lose to them.. Surely we will get over the line somehow.

Best bit though was that young Kerry buck who told me with a dead straight face that Cavan have to be serious contenders for Sam this year. Those boys become cute hoors about three minutes before they are conceived.

It's ok Westside we'll get there Saturday this seems to be the most focused/properly run squad of lads that have lined out for Cavan for manys the year. London seem to be having enough of a task in actually getting their squad over to Dublin in one coherent piece if you are to believe everything you read.

rodney trotter

Indeed, they are flying over in dribs and drabs. Might end up with us in Quinns.

Westside

The London born chap at Number 2 for the exiles looks like he could be exposed badly. Keating could make hay.

I sincerely hope that any of our lads won't decide that they could get themselves a headline and start trying to win the game on their own.

rodney trotter

Yeah, he was badly exposed against Mayo. Looked like a fella that was playing his first ever Gaelic Match.

The London defence in general doesn't look hectic. I think they will struggle with the pace Cavan have in the forward line, especially in the wide Spaces of Croke Park.

anglocelt39

McStay hedging his bets on the radio this morning, tips us to win for the first time in the championship this year but reckons London will keep it within the betting handicap (they are plus 11 it seems). If tomorrow is a day when goals come into it might we see Kevin Tierney get a bit more game time than usual.

For what its worth McStay them got off the fence and tipped Donegal, Cork and Tyrone in the others.

mylestheslasher

There is only one thing of concern for this match and that is if cavan turn up with their heads right, i.e. they approach the game in the same way they have approached every other game this year. IF they do then Cavan will win and win comfortably. If they do not then they could get a scare and I suppose it is not impossible that they could get worse than a scare.

I think we have just much better footballers, fitness and pace than London on the big pitch in Croke park.

rodney trotter

I don't think there is any chance Cavan will turn up thinking the game is won. Cavan are in bonus territory now, and will be taking London as Serious, as Derry the previous week. They are a very focused outfit.

Itchy

Good luck to the squad tomorrow. I'm looking forward to see a Cavan win in croke park all going well.

Itchy

Same team named that started against Derry.