Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 03, 2013, 10:36:44 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 03, 2013, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 03, 2013, 10:23:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 03, 2013, 10:18:30 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 03, 2013, 10:06:21 PM
Hahaaa ah come on now. It's hardly whataboutery, you said you have already answered me, so I'm just asking you to give it in a yes or no format.

This is the very definition of whataboutery. I mention other Gárdaí shot by Republicans and you introduce the old IRA the context being: what about them?

I have made an unequivocal unambiguous statement.

You are engaging in whataboutery to try to paint me as a hypocrite for the heinous crime, in your eyes, of being against the killing of my own people. We all know the argument as it has been done to death here. It assumes that the terrorists in the 1920s are untouchable heroes beyond criticism and that if they were beyond criticism then any murderer who hides behind the same name while shooting people must also be above criticism. It is as stupid as that.

The PIRA had nothing to do with last weeks events but you brought them up. Whataboutery that's called.

You said you already answered my question, so why not sum it up with a yes or no answer.

I have answered it. You now want to twist it. Why would I want to let you?

Twist it? Hardly! I'm asking you so untwist it by answering with a simple word: yes or no.

The whole argument, including where you are trying to force it, has already been done to death.
MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Lets twist and shout, like we did last summer.......

LeoMc

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 03, 2013, 07:10:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 03, 2013, 07:04:03 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 03, 2013, 07:01:02 PM
You're such a w**ker muppet

I don't shoot my own people.

Your freedom was won by an organisation which did. I assume you comdemn that organisation in its entirety?

Why should the IRA be condemned "in it's entirety"?
Surely individual acts can be condemned without damning an entire organisation.

Nally Stand

Quote from: LeoMc on February 04, 2013, 08:54:59 AM

Your freedom was won by an organisation which did. I assume you comdemn that organisation in its entirety?

I couldn't agree more.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

Muppet, when you universally condemn the PIRA but are ambivalent on the old IRA you leave your self open to the charge of hypocrisy. It is however a little too late and quite embarrassing really to see Sinn Fein now condemn the murders of Gerry McCabe. Whatever about the circumstances that led to RUC/Army/UDR killings in the North those men who shot the Garda in Dundalk are no different to those who murdered Garda McCabe and this should have been condemned at the time, especially since they were like the UVF in East Belfast, operating without HQ approval. Unfortunately Ireland's history is littered with unnecessary violence and innocent deaths and what has it all changed? Nothing the British still occupy and rule 6 of our counties, albeit with the acquiescence of Republicans and Nationalists.

trileacman

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 04, 2013, 09:03:47 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 04, 2013, 08:54:59 AM

I couldn't agree more.

So you will be extending the same courtesy to the RUC and British Army?

"Surely individual acts can be condemned without damning an entire organisation."
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2013, 10:29:37 AM
Muppet, when you universally condemn the PIRA but are ambivalent on the old IRA you leave your self open to the charge of hypocrisy. It is however a little too late and quite embarrassing really to see Sinn Fein now condemn the murders of Gerry McCabe. Whatever about the circumstances that led to RUC/Army/UDR killings in the North those men who shot the Garda in Dundalk are no different to those who murdered Garda McCabe and this should have been condemned at the time, especially since they were like the UVF in East Belfast, operating without HQ approval. Unfortunately Ireland's history is littered with unnecessary violence and innocent deaths and what has it all changed? Nothing the British still occupy and rule 6 of our counties, albeit with the acquiescence of Republicans and Nationalists.

I didn't universally condemn the PIRA.

I condemn anyone that shoots or shot innocent Irishmen. The PIRA were involved in this, among others.

'Unfortunately Ireland's history is littered with unnecessary violence and innocent deaths' - I couldn't agree more. This is made worse by the revisionism that demands the belief that Ireland only achieved anything using the bullet. That was not the case at all. Even ignoring O'Connell and Davitt, independence for the 26 was achieved on the back of civil disobedience as much as it was on the back of the casualties on the British side.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

On top of the $30k for the op from Mr Flynn... http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/millionaire-who-paid-for-adamss-op-also-helped-sf-leader-get-us-visa-29060283.html
it appears that 'Friends of SF' stumped up for Gerry to travel business class... http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/adams-flew-business-class-for-surgery-in-us-29066714.html

Life on the average industrial wage isn't quite so austere when you've friends in high places.

Rossfan

Lawnseed and Nally's Brave New World isn't looking all that different from FF or Fg now is it?  ::) :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

Quote from: Rossfan on February 13, 2013, 05:40:18 PM
Lawnseed and Nally's Brave New World isn't looking all that different from FF or Fg now is it?  ::) :-[
have you any evidence that anything was given by adams in return for this help. planning? a contract? a pension?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on February 13, 2013, 06:20:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 13, 2013, 05:40:18 PM
have you any evidence that anything was given by adams in return for this help. planning? a contract? a pension?

Why so cynical Lawnseed? We all know the world is full of wonderful people who hand over money for absolutely nothing.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

I wonder do SF think there should be a Supertax on rich people in the US?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 13, 2013, 05:38:01 PM
On top of the $30k for the op from Mr Flynn... http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/millionaire-who-paid-for-adamss-op-also-helped-sf-leader-get-us-visa-29060283.html
it appears that 'Friends of SF' stumped up for Gerry to travel business class... http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/adams-flew-business-class-for-surgery-in-us-29066714.html

Life on the average industrial wage isn't quite so austere when you've friends in high places.

Ulick

In the company I work for and in the last one, all over-60s go business class on  long haul flights. Is this not pretty standard?