Fantasy Premier League

Started by magpie seanie, May 11, 2012, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Couldn't find any recent thread on this subject so here's a new one.

Heading into the last week I've roared back into contention from a recent deficit of 100+ points to currently 9 behind the guy I simply must beat and 17 off the top. I have two free transfers and am thinking of dropping Bale and Papiss Cisse for Martin Petrov and Aguero. What do ye think? All 3 of us have Rooney, Ben Arfa and Dempsey. The two of them have Valencia and Evra and they only have one free transfer apiece this week.

maigheo

Dempsey is out but i do not think I would get rid of cisse.Since you are behind I would go for Aguero instead of Rooney and would bring in Petrov for Dempsey.I am not sure taking my advice is a good idea as I have had  my worst ever season in fantasy football :(

Norf Tyrone

Yeah Petrov for Dempsey, and Aguero for Rooney. I think I'd let Rooney go because it's pointless having the same players as him with a gap to close. You need to gamble.

Can you afford Yaya Toure instead of Petrov?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

In a similar boat and brought in Silva and Di Santo as a gamble...
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

The die is cast. Obviously got rid of Dempsey as word of his injury was confirmed and kept Bale. If city do as expected today I will do it. If they don't United might win the league so a kind of win-win!

SLIGONIAN

I won the GAABOARD league, congrats to me. What one are you in Seanie?

1618 place overall and 208place in Ireland
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

In a few private ones and a work one. Didn't win any of them. Couldn't pull back the small deficits in one league that I really wanted to win (winner gets 12 bottles of wine). At times in the season I missed changing my team so overall for what I put into it I did fine.

Looks likes you did really well - what points total did you have? Must have been quite high. Congrats on winning the GaaBoard league, I'm sure you're a popular winner!

ludermor

Fair play Sligonian , you were at the top for a long time.
I fooking lost one of my leagues in the last minute with Aguero scoring !

magpie seanie

Quote from: ludermor on May 14, 2012, 05:49:01 PM

So did Manchester United!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on May 14, 2012, 05:49:01 PM
thanks, ouch for you, one of the lads got within 9pts of me with a few weeks left, tbh i thought id it home a hosed a ages ago and took my eye off when i was really busy with college but settled again. I got 79th overall after gameweek 14 which is the highlight for me...79th out of 2.6million...staggerring

Got 2238 pts total seanie......happy days
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mylestheslasher

Did you have Danny north seanie. He's banging in the goals.

magpie seanie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 14, 2012, 10:14:14 PM
Did you have Danny north seanie. He's banging in the goals.

Good man myles, you never let up!

If there was a fantasy LOI comp (unrealistic I know) I'd have considered him. Was delighted on Saturday, always good to see the free stadium thieves getting stuffed.

Billys Boots

Good man Seanie, has your heart softened towards the Bit O'Red?  :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 15, 2012, 11:30:39 AM
Good man Seanie, has your heart softened towards the Bit O'Red?  :)

Not really but I really hate Shamrock Rovers. As for Sligo Rovers - to be fair it's just not my thing (I went there a lot in my early teens and had my reasons for stopping) but it gives the town a lift when they're going well and means a lot to those who follow them. I just wish the town wasn't as anti-GAA as it is but there you go, garrison town and all that.

maigheo

That time of the year again.Sligonian is the defending champion so he is the man to beat.The code to join the gas board league is  212265-113663