Maigh Eo v Ciarrai NFL Div 1 Caislean an Bharraigh Sun 3rd Feb 2pm

Started by macdanger2, January 29, 2013, 12:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Might as well start a thread for this.......

Twenty six different starters (not sure about what subs played) in the three FBD league matches including eight (open to correction on a couple of those) who haven't played senior championship yet:

Kenneth O'Malley
Michael Walsh
Shane McHale
Lee Keegan
Tom Cunniffe
Keith Rogers
Richie Feeney
Jason Gibbons
Seamus O'Shea
Conor O'Shea
Enda Varley
Cathal Carolan
Evan Regan
Alan Freeman
Michael Conroy
David Clarke
Cathal Hallinan
Donal Vaughan
Chris Barrett
Barry Moran
Ger Cafferkey
Keith Higgins
A.OShea
Kevin McLouglin
Alan Murphy
Jason Doherty

There would have been a few playing for colleges as well - saw Cathal Freeman mentioned in some report anyway.

With four home games this year you'd fancy our chances of staying up and as the top four make the semi finals, that should be achievable although no disaster if we were to miss out.

We have a decent record in the league against Kerry but I guess a lot depends on team selection and where both teams are in terms of training. With these two having swapped trainers during the winter it'll be interesting to see how they get on this year - I believe that O'Neill is putting the Kerry boys through some serious work down there.

Is David Moran back from injury? He could be a big player for Kerry this year.

Thank God the winter is nearly over  :)

rodney trotter

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 29, 2013, 12:00:01 AM
Might as well start a thread for this.......

Twenty six different starters (not sure about what subs played) in the three FBD league matches including eight (open to correction on a couple of those) who haven't played senior championship yet:

Kenneth O'Malley
Michael Walsh
Shane McHale
Lee Keegan
Tom Cunniffe
Keith Rogers
Richie Feeney
Jason Gibbons
Seamus O'Shea
Conor O'Shea
Enda Varley
Cathal Carolan
Evan Regan
Alan Freeman
Michael Conroy
David Clarke
Cathal Hallinan
Donal Vaughan
Chris Barrett
Barry Moran
Ger Cafferkey
Keith Higgins
A.OShea
Kevin McLouglin
Alan Murphy
Jason Doherty

There would have been a few playing for colleges as well - saw Cathal Freeman mentioned in some report anyway.

With four home games this year you'd fancy our chances of staying up and as the top four make the semi finals, that should be achievable although no disaster if we were to miss out.

We have a decent record in the league against Kerry but I guess a lot depends on team selection and where both teams are in terms of training. With these two having swapped trainers during the winter it'll be interesting to see how they get on this year - I believe that O'Neill is putting the Kerry boys through some serious work down there.

Is David Moran back from injury? He could be a big player for Kerry this year.

Thank God the winter is nearly over  :)

Is that Alan Murphy the former Galway Utd player?

macdanger2

Don't know about that - he's a Ballinrobe man as far as I know

Syferus

Is the youngest O'Shea as big as his brothers? Aidan is probably the only player in the country who could out-muscle Michael Murphy.

macdanger2

Yeah, that's the youngest fella - not as stocky as Aidan, more like Seamus' build but a bit taller I'd say

Chimley

I think Shane McHale came on against Dublin in the semi-final this year.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

rosnarun

Sarrem Coen played against Leitrim and I think Aidan walsh could have got some time during the FBD as wellpossibly agaimst GMIT.
No sign of 4 goal Kirby? what a great story if he never played for mayo again
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: rosnarun on January 29, 2013, 01:37:40 PM
Sarrem Coen played against Leitrim and I think Aidan walsh could have got some time during the FBD as wellpossibly agaimst GMIT.
No sign of 4 goal Kirby? what a great story if he never played for mayo again

Not if you're Kirby himself it's not.

Farrandeelin

I wonder will Jason Doherty start off this year like he did last year (no wait that was two years ago) and score goals galore? Or will he still have the 'second half of first season/second season syndrome' if he gets any game time this year?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2013, 08:25:53 PM
I wonder will Jason Doherty start off this year like he did last year (no wait that was two years ago) and score goals galore? Or will he still have the 'second half of first season/second season syndrome' if he gets any game time this year?

It might help if he is picked as a corner forward.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

I hear James Kilcullen's transfer to Sligo went through. Best of luck to him, was brilliant for Ballagh this year.

Keane

Match preview here if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/national-league-division-1-match-previews/

As a Kerryman I can't say I agree with the conclusion reached, in it!

Kerry's forward is very young in fairness and it'll be interesting to see how they go without the likes of Gooch, Donaghy et al.

Mayo Mick

This experimental and inexperienced Kerry team gives us an unexpected chance of a win. Need to put out our best 15 and get two points on the board. A loss on Sunday would be a huge set back given the team Kerry have out. It's a must win now for us.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!