Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 03, 2016, 10:28:26 AM
Only county to lose three championship matches in the one year?

It's still only two.

Aristo 60

It looked like three matches to me.

brokencrossbar1

Technically the first game was null and void and did not happen so only two 'real' defeats. Wasn't at the game so can't comment on it apart from what I've gleaned from reading stuff on the Armagh forum. It seems like once the group decided to play football they were the better team and could have won it. Who made the decision to do this?  There's a lot of talk about there not being the players etc etc. Pure bullshit. There's players there to perform better than they have. What I've seen is a group of lads who look heavy legged and heavy minded afraid to express themselves. Whether it's under Geezer or other management they need to be let loose, go and play the f**king game. It's players instincts to want to attack and win by attacking, let them do it and see what happens. It can be no worse than the last 2 years!

imtommygunn

Quote from: time ticking away on July 03, 2016, 10:30:54 AM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 03, 2016, 10:28:26 AM
Only county to lose three championship matches in the one year?
Yeah that was mentioned earlier...

As was the question are Down the only team to go through a full year without winning a game

New york pretty much every year. I'm sure london have done it. Very possible antrim did it the year they were in division 2  :(

Though i would guess that's more a dig at down...

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on July 03, 2016, 07:35:59 AM
Laoislad in response to your "Can we play you every week?" To the tune of Seasons in the Sun

"We can count
  We can spell
  We can read and write
  As well!"

"But ye can't punctuate."

maccer

AZOffaly

Serious question, if the game was null and void, how was John O'Loughlin deemed to have served his suspension?

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2016, 10:57:16 AM
Serious question, if the game was null and void, how was John O'Loughlin deemed to have served his suspension?

Sepp Blatter is obviously on the CCCC panel.

BennyCake

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 03, 2016, 10:45:09 AM

Did Clare's 98 semi final 'win' count, when the ref blew up early?

The Boy Wonder

Armagh raised the 7th sub issue with CCCC behind the scenes (not out in the open).
I believe CCCC had a number of options including a replay and throwing Laois out.
If Laois were thrown out then Clare would have had bye in qualifier Round 2 - no benefit to Armagh.
At Armagh's behest the CCCC proposed that Laois would offer a replay and Laois Co Board agreed.
John O'Loughlin served his suspension in the first match - the game was played and only the result was null and void.

Nigel White

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 03, 2016, 10:45:09 AM
Well regardless, it's a far cry from losing every match. We're not in a good place but you're 10 times worse.

BennyCake

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on July 03, 2016, 11:16:59 AM

Armagh raised the 7th sub issue with CCCC behind the scenes (not out in the open).
I believe CCCC had a number of options including a replay and throwing Laois out.
If Laois were thrown out then Clare would have had bye in qualifier Round 2 - no benefit to Armagh.
At Armagh's behest the CCCC proposed that Laois would offer a replay and Laois Co Board agreed.
John O'Loughlin served his suspension in the first match - the game was played and only the result was null and void.

Sepp Blatter is definitely on the CCCC panel!

smelmoth

A spokesman for Jarlath Burns said that the people running GAA are great guys. Officials give up their own time to sit in committee rooms and are the bedrock of the organisation. Great guys. It reminded him of a time when Armagh couldn't field in a league game and now in these times of emigration if John wanted to play the GAA were right to allow him. And any time the officials allow extra players or subs on the pitch we should celebrate just how popular playing our game is. John playing was a victory for common sense and a testimony to the great men running our game

smelmoth

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 03, 2016, 10:53:02 AM
Technically the first game was null and void and did not happen so only two 'real' defeats. Wasn't at the game so can't comment on it apart from what I've gleaned from reading stuff on the Armagh forum. It seems like once the group decided to play football they were the better team and could have won it. Who made the decision to do this?  There's a lot of talk about there not being the players etc etc. Pure bullshit. There's players there to perform better than they have. What I've seen is a group of lads who look heavy legged and heavy minded afraid to express themselves. Whether it's under Geezer or other management they need to be let loose, go and play the f**king game. It's players instincts to want to attack and win by attacking, let them do it and see what happens. It can be no worse than the last 2 years!

100% on the money

yellowcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 03, 2016, 10:53:02 AM

Agree 100%.