Mayo GAY

Started by Baile Brigín 2, November 30, 2022, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2022, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 30, 2022, 12:35:08 PM
f**k I've heard it all now. The Mayo county board are "virtue signalling".
Some boys watching too much GB news
😂😂😂
In the twusted world of right wing fanatics
Virtue
Equality
Human Rights
Liberalism
Etc
Are all insults

You missed the big one.

Woke or more specifically "the woke".

Gmac

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 01, 2022, 10:46:51 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2022, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 30, 2022, 12:35:08 PM
f**k I've heard it all now. The Mayo county board are "virtue signalling".
Some boys watching too much GB news
😂😂😂
In the twusted world of right wing fanatics
Virtue
Equality
Human Rights
Liberalism
Etc
Are all insults

You missed the big one.

Woke or more specifically "the woke".
could they add the Ukrainian flag as well ? Probably more Ukrainians in mayo than lgbtq and probably more marginalized too. Anyone got anymore suggestions?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: LeoMc on December 01, 2022, 09:57:02 AM
Did Kildare not produce one with a rainbow trim for Anthony's testimonial?

Once off for a challenge game. Slightly different to the years kit

Mourne Red

Stinks of marketing ploy to sell more Mayo jerseys to be cynical about the situation. Players could wear rainbow laces individually if they wanted to support LGB community in the GAA.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Mourne Red on December 01, 2022, 06:28:06 PM
Stinks of marketing ploy to sell more Mayo jerseys to be cynical about the situation. Players could wear rainbow laces individually if they wanted to support LGB community in the GAA.

So you think Mindspace have asked for this so Mayo can sell more jerseys?! Jesus wept.

As others have said, I believe there is a need for this type of thing.

The stats would tell us that there are either a lower percentage of LGBT people playing GAA than the general population, or a lower percentage of GAA players being open about being LGBT. Either way suggests we have a way to go as  a society before people can be comfortable, and confident that they will be accepted.

On the jersey thing, I can see that the GAA do not want to allow this, as there are a host of other causes that could be worthy and where does it stop. The article suggests rainbow armbands or laces would likely be approved, and that seems like a good way forward
Hasta la victoria siempre

tonto1888

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 02, 2022, 02:41:43 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on December 01, 2022, 06:28:06 PM

So you think Mindspace have asked for this so Mayo can sell more jerseys?! Jesus wept.

As others have said, I believe there is a need for this type of thing.

The stats would tell us that there are either a lower percentage of LGBT people playing GAA than the general population, or a lower percentage of GAA players being open about being LGBT. Either way suggests we have a way to go as  a society before people can be comfortable, and confident that they will be accepted.

On the jersey thing, I can see that the GAA do not want to allow this, as there are a host of other causes that could be worthy and where does it stop. The article suggests rainbow armbands or laces would likely be approved, and that seems like a good way forward

Do rainbow laces really need to be approved? If a person wants a different colour of laces in their boots do they need to ask approval?