Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Yes you certainly have. The new executive will have been as shocked as anyone at the way our senior hurling and events connected to that were playing out. What did they do? They called the manager in for a review of the situation, at the end of which the manager "resigned". From what I see the executive handled this situation well. With a bit of diplomacy lets say!

If you want an exact update on Dunsilly, or Casement or any other problem that you perceive to be the responsibility of the new board, then all you need to do is ask your club delegate to CC to get that information for you.

As I said before, and you set out to make light of it, our delegate (with a lot of years experience) was very impressed with the level of information, transparency and committment to get the best deals for Antrim out of some of their current projects. Im sure you will acknowledge that some of what is going on is very sensitive, especially around Casement, and its certainly not in our best interests to play this out in public. The only forum they will discuss these matters in is at County Committee. If you have a problem with the level of information YOU are receiving, then take it up with your two delegates. Is that fair enough?

btdtgtt

It certainly is.
But club delegates and county board members I have spoken to don't share that opinion.
Far from it in fact.
Hopefully that's fair enough also.
So I will discuss whatever I want on this forum.

BrendanAntrim

Sorry btdtgtt thats head in the sand stuff. I'm afraid your blinkers are preventing you from seeing the whole picture, or indeed from answering the question. What would you do in their place that isn't being done? Specifically? I don't think you would be able to come up with one specific item. And Bannside is right - if you want updates on major issues, ask your club delegate or secretary.

bannside

Having said that Im not their trumpet blower. But I said (to myself lol) that they would need six months just to get their head round the size of the mess they inherited. Happy to give them that spell, or longer if needed to get into their way of working but I do have faith that this board will take things on a fair bit in terms of structures and leaving us in a better more sustainable place.

Lets be very honest. there werent many queueing up for these posts. Everyone saw it as a poisoned chalice and believe me, knowing one or two of them personally, as well as few of the movers and shakers behind the scenes, they have a lot going on in their own businesses, so fair play for stepping up to the plate. Thats my view anyway. Time will judge how valuable their contributions will be...but lets give them that time.

btdtgtt

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 01, 2016, 10:30:23 PM
Sorry btdtgtt thats head in the sand stuff. I'm afraid your blinkers are preventing you from seeing the whole picture, or indeed from answering the question. What would you do in their place that isn't being done? Specifically? I don't think you would be able to come up with one specific item. And Bannside is right - if you want updates on major issues, ask your club delegate or secretary.

If you read my original post you will see I've spoken to club delegates & county board members.
And whilst a critique of what I would do where I part of the county executive might be a bit long-winded - suffice to say my point remains - in the time since many of them presented themselves as knights in shining armour I haven't seen evidence of anything.

btdtgtt

Quote from: bannside on April 01, 2016, 10:35:17 PM
Having said that Im not their trumpet blower. But I said (to myself lol) that they would need six months just to get their head round the size of the mess they inherited. Happy to give them that spell, or longer if needed to get into their way of working but I do have faith that this board will take things on a fair bit in terms of structures and leaving us in a better more sustainable place.

Lets be very honest. there werent many queueing up for these posts. Everyone saw it as a poisoned chalice and believe me, knowing one or two of them personally, as well as few of the movers and shakers behind the scenes, they have a lot going on in their own businesses, so fair play for stepping up to the plate. Thats my view anyway. Time will judge how valuable their contributions will be...but lets give them that time.

That's fair enough if that's your view - I hope you're right.
I would disagree for example that others weren't stepping to the plate - after all everyone elected was opposed.
If you feel six months is judgement time - they'd need to offer a lot more in the next 3 months or so than they have so far.
So like I say, I hope you're right - but my original point remains.
I've seen or heard precious little and I'm totally underwhelmed by their start.

Hirty Darry

I wouldn't read too much in to the "resignation" spin.   I would say it was more of a jump before pushed situation.  If truth be told, the manager set the tone with his conduct even before the season started pre season at at training weekend.  Lost the respect of quite a few players as a result.  This is fact.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hirty Darry on April 01, 2016, 10:56:09 PM
I wouldn't read too much in to the "resignation" spin.   I would say it was more of a jump before pushed situation.  If truth be told, the manager set the tone with his conduct even before the season started pre season at at training weekend.  Lost the respect of quite a few players as a result.  This is fact.

No point in dragging up more stories, the chap has left, been sacked whatever happened has happened. everybody knows the stories & rumours.

bannside

Is this a county hurling discussion forum? And not a single word on here about Liam Watsons resignation from the panel. Too busy with work commitments, apparently! Sheer coincidence that his resignation came at the same time as PJ`s. Its been some week alright.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on April 01, 2016, 11:16:32 PM
Is this a county hurling discussion forum? And not a single word on here about Liam Watsons resignation from the panel. Too busy with work commitments, apparently! Sheer coincidence that his resignation came at the same time as PJ`s. Its been some week alright.

Watson didn't resign, he got kicked off the panel for messing about.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 01, 2016, 11:00:31 PM

No point in dragging up more stories, the chap has left, been sacked whatever happened has happened. everybody knows the stories & rumours.

Why not when he was lorded as the man to turn things around in some quarters.

north_antrim_hound

SIE
ARGUING WITH YOU
it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

You ranted for two years about the then hurling set up. All your suggestions came to fruition
Your a lost cause me thinks
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hirty Darry on April 01, 2016, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 01, 2016, 11:00:31 PM

Why not when he was lorded as the man to turn things around in some quarters.

Knock yourself out then.. Spill the beans about what u know. I'm not arguing that he was the saviour in some quarters but what good would bringing up stuff do?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 11:28:45 PM
SIE
ARGUING WITH YOU
it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

You ranted for two years about the then hurling set up. All your suggestions came to fruition
Your a lost cause me thinks
The then manager was a joke. I stick by what I posted. Like I've told you ad nauseum I know what Ryan did. Like I also said before, you're obsessed and somewhat frightening with your devotion to him. And yes Kevin ryan was there for 3 years. PJ had more league wins in his short time in charge though.  ;)

Both reigns are over. I'm moving on. I suggest you do. It'll be good for you.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Going forward I really hope today has been our dead cat bounce day

Feels like it

And the fuel that got us to this moment? A*a*h*

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera