Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2016, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2016, 12:21:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
Jim Nelson Cup - St Galls V St Johns.
Any clarity on events MR2?

Seen the photos on clubs webpage and FB but no result!! I'm guessing with the Johnnies being the best team in Belfast that they won.. but great idea for a cup and I hope it gets bigger and better!!

certainly if run during the Feis cup period then it would facilitate the Belfast ones... I'll get the score later

Seems we were winning by 2 before the johnnies got the game abandon !! That's an auld Sarsfields tactic  :o. So that makes us the best team in Belfast!!

Ref report will be interesting  :)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 08:50:20 PM

Seen the photos on clubs webpage and FB but no result!! I'm guessing with the Johnnies being the best team in Belfast that they won.. but great idea for a cup and I hope it gets bigger and better!!

certainly if run during the Feis cup period then it would facilitate the Belfast ones... I'll get the score later

Seems we were winning by 2 before the johnnies got the game abandon !! That's an auld Sarsfields tactic  :o. So that makes us the best team in Belfast!!

Sure there isn't a decent ref in the city😃😃😃
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 21, 2016, 08:52:01 PM

Especially the ref that was doing that game.. Worst in the county!!

btdtgtt

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 21, 2016, 10:06:12 PM

Was waiting on PaddyJohn!

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 21, 2016, 10:06:12 PM

Was waiting on PaddyJohn!

Why?? Sure I'm telling no lies. Not as easy task being a ref but most refs I've known all try to stay outta the limelight but not yer man!

Milltown Row2

Why what have heard?? Surely the referee seen what happened?? No? Apparently one of our lads ended up with 8 stitches' from a dirty  strike from behind.... And the referee apparently ran away!! Not sure as I wasn't there so only going on hearsay which is silly, no way would a referee run away... Who was the referee??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jeremiah

I heard there's a video of the ref legging it during the row so don't think his report will say much

btdtgtt

:)

You North Antrim boys can't produce a pre-season Feis quite like this!

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 22, 2016, 09:29:42 AM

Maybe its just me but if any of this true the perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves for demeaning the memory of Jim Nelson. It will be interesting to see how the CCC handle it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on March 22, 2016, 01:13:37 PM

Maybe its just me but if any of this true the perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves for demeaning the memory of Jim Nelson. It will be interesting to see how the CCC handle it.

Exactly. .... I heard one of our lads put a controversial johnnies lad on his hole and he reacted by dirty joe'ing him... Melee next and then the game was abandon or the ref ran away.... Either way Last Man you're correct in how this is demeaning of Jims memorial tournament
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 01:28:49 PM

Exactly. .... I heard one of our lads put a controversial johnnies lad on his hole and he reacted by dirty joe'ing him... Melee next and then the game was abandon or the ref ran away.... Either way Last Man you're correct in how this is demeaning of Jims memorial tournament

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

+1
Regardless of each Club's different version of events - that much is 100% correct !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 22, 2016, 01:54:38 PM

+1
Regardless of each Club's different version of events - that much is 100% correct !

Your club wasn't involved  ;)

Clover

Two teams beat the life out of each other and some people blame the ref who ever he was put the blame were it should be with the two teams I'm sure the ref never hit anyone with a stick

theskull1

The referee is the good guy in all of this

But here's the kicker

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The referee failed to do his duty. Wonder what hot headed youngsters at the game will learn from that next time they line out and the games not going their way?  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera