Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

CLUB| Club Championship Debate Heats Up.

The mood at tonight's meeting of Tyrone club Chairmen and Secretaries suggests that the clubs are determined to delay the start of the club championship until August.

The timing of the club championship has become something of a real hot potato over the last few years and it seems that the vast majority of club representatives are more than keen to put an end to the idea of starting the club championship in May. Looks like a developing story.

Source: Teamtalk

Common sense has finally started to prevail.

longballin

Harte in dispute with Derry. I suppose it was too much to hope for that we wouldnt have another year of our county team being the most oppresed people ever  ::)

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on February 05, 2016, 12:33:23 PM
Harte in dispute with Derry. I suppose it was too much to hope for that we wouldnt have another year of our county team being the most oppresed people ever  ::)

In fairness Bartons comments about the McCann incident were the opening salvo.

shezam

Quote from: GlenMan on February 03, 2016, 04:28:14 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on February 03, 2016, 12:56:00 PM
I see Derry and Antrim had their club championship draws this week. What's happening here ? Anyone know anything ?

CCC meeting with Clubs on Thursday night so it may take place then.

Draw to take place last week Feb

GlenMan

Proposal from CCC presented last night to go back to a 4 division league- Div 1A, 1B, 2 & 3 - from 2018.

It would mean that there will be four league divisions but only three Championship grades (Championship remaining Junior, Inter, Senior).

In all divisions each team will play each other, home and away, with County Senior Players available for at least one of these games. There will be no end of season relegation/promotion play offs.

Mikhailov

Quote from: GlenMan on February 05, 2016, 01:48:28 PM
Proposal from CCC presented last night to go back to a 4 division league- Div 1A, 1B, 2 & 3 - from 2018.

It would mean that there will be four league divisions but only three Championship grades (Championship remaining Junior, Inter, Senior).

In all divisions each team will play each other, home and away, with County Senior Players available for at least one of these games. There will be no end of season relegation/promotion play offs.

Not a bad idea in principle but it wont work. 4 divisions = 4 x 12 if I understand correctly. You claim that each team plays H&A so there are 22 games and county players are GUARANTEED to play minimum 11 - sure at the minute they only play 10 when you take into consideration the starred games. The county situation is getting worse not better so there is no way MH or whoever is manager is going to release them for MORE games. This scenario is heading down the same track as club rugby in Ireland - you NEVER see the elite rugby player playing for their club (Dungannon, Ballymena, Instonians etc) and he only plays for his province when recovering from injury or when the Ireland season is over. Unfortunately we are heading the same way fast !

rrhf

Great idea

Tyrone Gaa

This proposal doesn't work for me!! Don't think the 4 leagues work.  The 3 league system is great with your league opposition being your championship opposition.  Clubs that do contribute to county setup could play 11 games without their players, potentially relegate teams leaving them in a false position.  5 games is bad enough but 11 games.  I see the benefit for the club schedule and the club footballer will know their schedule for the year. 

What we have isn't ideal but I think its better than the proposal made.
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

Great idea IMO. Especially like the proposal that County players must be available for at least one game against each team. Last year we had games like Killyclogher v Omagh and Dromore v Trillick effectively ruined because each team had 3 or 4 county mean that couldn't play. These games should be the biggest league game of the season for these sides.

Only thing i would introduce is a cap on the amount of games that county men can be excluded for, which should be 6 or 7 max.

Although as someone else said under this proposal there will be 22 league games per club each season. At the minute each club in Div 1 has 15 and we struggle to run the season off before December so that could pose a problem.

Mikhailov

Youth football Sir -

Any man got any idea what is going on here...proposed minor grades are out, starting date is 14 days away, no pitches available due to weather, no fixtures announced and no one seems to care !!!

Rant over (although just a minor rant) !

GlenMan

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 05, 2016, 05:07:13 PM
Youth football Sir -

Any man got any idea what is going on here...proposed minor grades are out, starting date is 14 days away, no pitches available due to weather, no fixtures announced and no one seems to care !!!

Also updated by CCC last night. Minor due to start on 20th Feb with U14 starting 5th March. Fixtures and final grades to be sent out in the next couple of days. There was no mention whether start date would be postponed due to weather.

Mikhailov

Quote from: GlenMan on February 05, 2016, 05:10:57 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 05, 2016, 05:07:13 PM
Youth football Sir -

Also updated by CCC last night. Minor due to start on 20th Feb with U14 starting 5th March. Fixtures and final grades to be sent out in the next couple of days. There was no mention whether start date would be postponed due to weather.

Are the McRory cup quarter finals on the 20th also ??

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 05, 2016, 02:31:08 PM

Not a bad idea in principle but it wont work. 4 divisions = 4 x 12 if I understand correctly. You claim that each team plays H&A so there are 22 games and county players are GUARANTEED to play minimum 11 - sure at the minute they only play 10 when you take into consideration the starred games. The county situation is getting worse not better so there is no way MH or whoever is manager is going to release them for MORE games. This scenario is heading down the same track as club rugby in Ireland - you NEVER see the elite rugby player playing for their club (Dungannon, Ballymena, Instonians etc) and he only plays for his province when recovering from injury or when the Ireland season is over. Unfortunately we are heading the same way fast !
It was tried before and we moved away from it. Now with increased restrictions being imposed by all County managers it becomes even less likely to work.

There will be no workable solution on the IC season is streamlined and shortened.

LeoMc

Quote from: LeoMc on February 05, 2016, 01:28:20 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 05, 2016, 12:33:23 PM

In fairness Bartons comments about the McCann incident were the opening salvo.

I just saw Brollys rant on twitter about the Rogers injury and it got me thinking.
Maybe someone can correct me but I would not have said Tiernan McCann had a reputation for being dirty. Up until last season I would have said lazy and he had a lack of drive but I never thought dirty.
It makes the claims that he deliberately took out Brendan Rogers seem very out of character.

GlenMan

Might be late to the party here but I was just reading this article about Dominic Kearns resigning and this quote stood out-

"However, a dispute between the county board and Eoghan Ruadgh over their county final defeat meant that upwards of 13-players who were involved in last year's county panel were unavailable this season."

What exactly was the dispute about?