County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
I suspect Oliver expects the McStay era to end while th'other fella expects McStay to remain on.
As I said after the Dublin game he should have tendered his resignation then.

He will 100% be resigning tonight

Syferus

I suspect Oliver expects the McStay era to end while th'other fella expects McStay to remain on.

You suspect wrong, as usual.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 05:22:20 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 05, 2018, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on September 05, 2018, 04:26:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 05, 2018, 04:14:49 PM
Holmelly for Roscommon?
Stephen Roshford?

Personally i would rather Holmes/Connelly over Rochford.
We will probably end up with some local spoofer like FOD/Dineen or Casey though
FOD led a Div 3 Roscommon team to a Nestor title and Minor AI, Dineen led Roscommon to numerous U21 titles and two AI finals all i know about Casey is club level where he led St Croans to AI final and club in Leitrim to a county title now you might have something against all 3 but none of those managers are spoofers.

Nige is spooftastic but the other two aren't. Nige will go for it because the election is next year and the job has the potential to boost his vote. FOD isn't going to be too interested in the job after being turfed out two years ago.

Cut price time with no one really interested in it that has decent credentials. Give it to David Casey and see if he's up to anything as a county manager.

A county like Roscommon doesn't win provincial titles and reach All Ireland finals with a spoofer as manager. He is well entitled to go for the job given his underage record with Roscommon but i have my doubts that Roscommon will be any better in defence under Dineen than they were under McStay so they should look elsewhere IMO.

mrdeeds

Has Poacher ruled himself out yet?

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 05:32:13 PM

You suspect wrong, as usual.

He's gone. So yet again old chap....

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 05, 2018, 05:34:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 05:22:20 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 05, 2018, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on September 05, 2018, 04:26:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 05, 2018, 04:14:49 PM
Holmelly for Roscommon?
Stephen Roshford?

Personally i would rather Holmes/Connelly over Rochford.
We will probably end up with some local spoofer like FOD/Dineen or Casey though
FOD led a Div 3 Roscommon team to a Nestor title and Minor AI, Dineen led Roscommon to numerous U21 titles and two AI finals all i know about Casey is club level where he led St Croans to AI final and club in Leitrim to a county title now you might have something against all 3 but none of those managers are spoofers.

Nige is spooftastic but the other two aren't. Nige will go for it because the election is next year and the job has the potential to boost his vote. FOD isn't going to be too interested in the job after being turfed out two years ago.

Cut price time with no one really interested in it that has decent credentials. Give it to David Casey and see if he's up to anything as a county manager.

A county like Roscommon doesn't win provincial titles and reach All Ireland finals with a spoofer as manager. He is well entitled to go for the job given his underage record with Roscommon but i have my doubts that Roscommon will be any better in defence under Dineen than they were under McStay so they should look elsewhere IMO.

Nige is a spoofer. It's really that simple and not much more needs to be said on the topic.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 05, 2018, 12:23:11 PM
Strange since McStay already announced he was staying on and county board issued a statement that they wanted him to remain and a Hands Off warning to Mayo from our PRO.. Also Herald only gave one hidden column inch to a number of players not returning for retirement and personal commitments, so one assumes nothing out of the normal - though some reports indicate more. Could that have thrown a fly in ointment?

..or the local media know a local story better and Colm Keys is trying to scrounge up headlines during silly season? Hmm, which one is it, I wonder?

On the money as ever.

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 05, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 05, 2018, 12:23:11 PM
Strange since McStay already announced he was staying on and county board issued a statement that they wanted him to remain and a Hands Off warning to Mayo from our PRO.. Also Herald only gave one hidden column inch to a number of players not returning for retirement and personal commitments, so one assumes nothing out of the normal - though some reports indicate more. Could that have thrown a fly in ointment?

..or the local media know a local story better and Colm Keys is trying to scrounge up headlines during silly season? Hmm, which one is it, I wonder?

On the money as ever.

You must have missed the rest of my posts. Not like you to try to misrepresent something. Oh, wait, it is.

skeog

macdanger2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 05, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
McStay back on the Sunday Game so talking about scoring zones and how to recycle the ball. He better not have the cheek to tell teams how to defend.

At least he put his money where his mouth was and managed a team unlike most of TSG clowns

Maroon Manc

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 05, 2018, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 05, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
McStay back on the Sunday Game so talking about scoring zones and how to recycle the ball. He better not have the cheek to tell teams how to defend.

At least he put his money where his mouth was and managed a team unlike most of TSG clowns

Spot on.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2018, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: The Insider on July 26, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
At present, Cavan , Leitrim, Westmeath , Offaly, Longford are all looking for a new  senior management team , while I personally expect Roscommon and Kevin Mc Stay to part ways. With few capable candidates out there , there will be frantic maneuverings by county chairpersons to nab the "ideal man" . It''ll be the manager dictating the terms and conditions. Micky Graham will possibly be the bookies favourite  , while Frank Mc Namee will have his supporters . Don't rule out a move for Banty !!! although rumour has him linked to Cavan

It's already been confirmed McStay is staying on in today's Roscommon People. Makes fools out of those outside the county and people like Rossfan inside it that seriously thought there was any chance of him going.

Who's got egg on their face now?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 07:34:56 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2018, 05:41:13 PM
Quote from: The Insider on July 26, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
At present, Cavan , Leitrim, Westmeath , Offaly, Longford are all looking for a new  senior management team , while I personally expect Roscommon and Kevin Mc Stay to part ways. With few capable candidates out there , there will be frantic maneuverings by county chairpersons to nab the "ideal man" . It''ll be the manager dictating the terms and conditions. Micky Graham will possibly be the bookies favourite  , while Frank Mc Namee will have his supporters . Don't rule out a move for Banty !!! although rumour has him linked to Cavan

It's already been confirmed McStay is staying on in today's Roscommon People. Makes fools out of those outside the county and people like Rossfan inside it that seriously thought there was any chance of him going.

Who's got egg on their face now?

Well there's egg permanently dripping from your sour puss, so..

brokencrossbar1

There is a real beauty in the way things happen sometimes...balletic, operatic, theatrical....call it as you may....but it is beautiful!

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 05, 2018, 07:57:25 PM
There is a real beauty in the way things happen sometimes...balletic, operatic, theatrical....call it as you may....but it is beautiful!

And some people actually think Tony McEntee is the solution. I'd prefer Banty.