Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh

Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I haven't been here for a while and I am glad I no longer subscribe to the vitriol spewed out here every day by keyboard warriors hiding behind fancy handles.  I have great time for Tyrone and Armagh, none more so than when we did the golf classic for the Cormac Trust Fund and the nicest of lads drove down and supported it from Crossmaglen and Tyrone.  I don't know Sean Kavanagh but I do know that the likes of him and Brian Dooher, Canavan and the rest of that era put their heart and soul into Tyrone.  It is obvious from some of the posts here that a few of you have been waiting in the long grass for the first chance from behind your false names to ridicule a man who is first and foremost a GAA man who has wife and family who are exposed to some of the diatribe coming from two posters in particular.  Don't buy Sean's book if you think it upsets you that much.  If you think he is not up to your standard you don't have to meet him, he won't go looking for you Im sure. If you are jealous that you haven't got the brains toi write a book of your own or the balls to write a book then that is nobody's fault only your own, don't use your venom to make public statements on here that will stay here for years even when you are gone to vilify someone else on some other board and Sean's sons or daughters have to read it.   
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Under Lights

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 20, 2018, 12:57:42 PM
I haven't been here for a while and I am glad I no longer subscribe to the vitriol spewed out here every day by keyboard warriors hiding behind fancy handles.  I have great time for Tyrone and Armagh, none more so than when we did the golf classic for the Cormac Trust Fund and the nicest of lads drove down and supported it from Crossmaglen and Tyrone.  I don't know Sean Kavanagh but I do know that the likes of him and Brian Dooher, Canavan and the rest of that era put their heart and soul into Tyrone.  It is obvious from some of the posts here that a few of you have been waiting in the long grass for the first chance from behind your false names to ridicule a man who is first and foremost a GAA man who has wife and family who are exposed to some of the diatribe coming from two posters in particular.  Don't buy Sean's book if you think it upsets you that much.  If you think he is not up to your standard you don't have to meet him, he won't go looking for you Im sure. If you are jealous that you haven't got the brains toi write a book of your own or the balls to write a book then that is nobody's fault only your own, don't use your venom to make public statements on here that will stay here for years even when you are gone to vilify someone else on some other board and Sean's sons or daughters have to read it.

BennyCake

A couple of things:

- If it was a deliberate attack on Cavanagh, then fair enough. But he wouldn't have highlighted it if no book was in the shops.

- Secondly, if it was accidental, the Edendork fella will be put through the wringer big time. I just hope Cavanagh knew it was deliberate, otherwise Cavanagh is going to look like a right c**t if it was proved accidental.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on September 19, 2018, 08:24:05 PM
Sportsperson writes book. Sportsperson promotes book. Jesus you lot didn't take into Kieran Donaghy or The Gooch when they were doing the same, but yerra it's Kerry and aren't they lovable cute hoors, yerra.

I think you have hit it on the head. Cavanagh has never endeared himself, particularly as he hung on for another medal, to the general GAA loving public apart from a minority of people in Tyrone. 

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 20, 2018, 12:57:42 PM

How can Sean Cavanagh have been a prominent figure in Irish Sport for almost 20 years, release a book and been a constant presence in the media for the past month, and STILL people spell his surname with a 'K'

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 20, 2018, 10:59:18 AM
Those are 3 different personalities completely.
Cavanagh strikes me as a gurnin bastid of the highest order.
He has little or no loyalty too; only out of that Tyrone setup a wet weekend and already mouthin off about everythin.
He has literally scattergunned all areas; Catholic Church & the GAA, Mickey Harte, Mental Health, gamesmanship and abuse in games.
Mighty mighty player but i think Joe Brolly may have been right.

Not often we agree but +1

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: BennyCake on September 20, 2018, 02:19:12 PM
A couple of things:

- If it was a deliberate attack on Cavanagh, then fair enough. But he wouldn't have highlighted it if no book was in the shops.

- Secondly, if it was accidental, the Edendork fella will be put through the wringer big time. I just hope Cavanagh knew it was deliberate, otherwise Cavanagh is going to look like a right c**t if it was proved accidental.

He has read your post.......

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cavanagh-i-was-knocked-out-but-i-dont-know-if-it-was-deliberate-37335595.html

Beffs

Quote from: trailer on September 19, 2018, 08:24:05 PM
Sportsperson writes book. Sportsperson promotes book. Jesus you lot didn't take into Kieran Donaghy or The Gooch when they were doing the same, but yerra it's Kerry and aren't they lovable cute hoors, yerra.

Nail meet head.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on September 18, 2018, 06:18:46 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 18, 2018, 03:32:07 PM
The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself. It was made deliberately to look worse by doing very little to clean up his face of dried blood before the photo was taken. There appeared to be no broken skin and the blood would therefore have come from the alleged break in his nose.

In other words it was another piece of self promotion to enhance the claims of victimhood in his book.

He didn't post the picture. But please continue to spout uninformed shite.

I think you will find he took the picture himself and sent it on to a "friend" and doesn't know how it got on from there. ::) 

Read the article below.......

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cavanagh-i-was-knocked-out-but-i-dont-know-if-it-was-deliberate-37335595.html

Bud Wiser

@bigpackiechestout,
So that's what you took out of my post, that I spelt Kavanagh with a K rather than a C.   The point I was making was about the vitriol that people are spitting from behind false names.

Heres' one of your own posts from recently:   "Parkinson has a tendency to sneer and look down his nose at others which is very offputting. Take a quick look through his twitter replies to people questioning his proposed 'tweaks' to the playing rules and his reponses are all a variation on WTF would you know. Then he also sneers at pundits like McGuiness or other pundits and journalists that he claims try to overanalyse the game or 'use too many big words'

It amazes me how anyone could spell McGuinness with one N when this man has led a county team to an All-Ireland while Tyrone kick the Sheet out of each other and castigate their own players on public forums.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

trailer

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 02:36:33 PM
The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself. It was made deliberately to look worse by doing very little to clean up his face of dried blood before the photo was taken. There appeared to be no broken skin and the blood would therefore have come from the alleged break in his nose.

In other words it was another piece of self promotion to enhance the claims of victimhood in his book.

I think you will find he took the picture himself and sent it on to a "friend" and doesn't know how it got on from there. ::) 

What you said "The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself."
What happened - sent picture privately to a friend.

Are you a slow learner?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on September 20, 2018, 03:43:02 PM

What you said "The Cavanagh photo was obviously taken and published by himself."

Are you a slow learner?

Not quite as slow as yourself as you cannot tell the difference between posted and published.

If you don't want a picture to become public you don't send it digitally to anyone else. If you do publish it by sending it on to a 'friend' then don't feign surprise when it becomes readily available on-line on various forums especially when you are actively flogging a book and going around book shops for signing.

trailer

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 20, 2018, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 20, 2018, 03:43:02 PM

Are you a slow learner?

Not quite as slow as yourself as you cannot tell the difference between posted and published.

If you don't want a picture to become public you don't send it digitally to anyone else. If you do publish it by sending it on to a 'friend' then don't feign surprise when it becomes readily available on-line on various forums especially when you are actively flogging a book and going around book shops for signing.

He neither published or posted the picture. You are wrong.

What shops has he been signing the book in? - More lies. You're making shite up just because you don't like him. If you don't like him that's fine. Just don't make up bullshit.
I'd quit now if I was you.

Delegater

I think Conor Meyler's assessment of the incident was telling.

tonto1888

Quote from: Delegater on September 20, 2018, 06:47:00 PM
I think Conor Meyler's assessment of the incident was telling.

Why is his more telling than anyone else's