2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

They complained when soccer players dived. And for years done nothing about it, retrospectively. I remember thinking 20 years ago, dish out a 10 game ban. They'll think twice about doing it again.

The GAA have to do similar. Gouging, fingers in the eyes, etc - 6 game ban. Summer over. They'll think twice about it too.

Angelo

Quote from: BennyCake on June 09, 2019, 12:41:48 PM
The GAA have to do similar. Gouging, fingers in the eyes, etc - 6 game ban. Summer over. They'll think twice about it too.

Fair enough.

Players have moved to this type of action now as it's difficult to spot at the time and subsequently prove in replays - usually happens between a ruck of bodies when lads are grappling on the floor.

That's the reason they do it, for a referee it is almost impossible to spot at a time and there's no guarantee a replay will capture it either.

I think all violent acts should carry lengthily suspensions. What sort of ban did the Carlow lad get a few weeks back for striking a lad 3 or 4 times?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Angelo on June 09, 2019, 12:28:42 PM
If anybody spots Dublin7 can they ask him what he thought of the above incidents as like the rest of us he was outraged at what McCann did yesterday.

Nauseating and hypocritical sanctimony (from d7), don't depend on hearing from him any time soon.*

*Not a defence of Mc Cann's actions in the slightest.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2019, 12:15:05 PM
RE: McCann incident. Mickey Harte has form in sending teams out to play like this, going back to his days of managing Errigal Ciaran. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent McCann out with specific instructions to do what he did.
There can be no excuse for those actions and I can't fathom why anyone would try to defend them.

It's a subliminal message transferred to the players during the Rosary before games very hard to prove Harte is shrewd like that.

Plausible deniability!!

Champion The Wonder Horse

I think Hound's opinion of McCann's behaviour in yesterday's incident  is very close to the mark.

The Rogers assault was much worse.

BennyHarp

It's very nauseating and downright embarrassing to watch Colm O'Rourke churn out his "manliness" comment. Can we even make these sort of remarks in the current social climate? I'm surprised Joanne Cantwell pull him up on it.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

clarshack

Just saw the McCann incident. While it's not good I think there's been a complete over reaction to it.

under the bar

RE: McCann incident. Mickey Harte has form in sending teams out to play like this, going back to his days of managing Errigal Ciaran. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent McCann out with specific instructions to do what he did.
There can be no excuse for those actions and I can't fathom why anyone would try to defend them.

What are you on about? Name the incidents you are referring to when Harte was managing Errigal?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: under the bar on June 09, 2019, 02:47:29 PM

What are you on about? Name the incidents you are referring to when Harte was managing Errigal?

Hysterical hyperbole all around, not just from outside the County :(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

J70

Quote from: clarshack on June 09, 2019, 02:42:48 PM
Just saw the McCann incident. While it's not good I think there's been a complete over reaction to it.

What he did has no place in the game whatsoever and he should be ashamed of himself.

Players should be severely punished for that type of shit and they're not.

There is too much tolerance for it because no gets seriously hurt, at least so far.

How about a code of conduct to foster sportsmanship? Usually this sneaky, nasty shit is done to provoke the opponent.

From my own county, Neil McGee missed one league game that time he bent back the Kerry forward's fingers. Not very harmful, but the purpose was to provoke a violent reaction which was, of course, what it did.

Paddy Campbell all those years ago grabbing Enda Muldoon by the balls to get a reaction.

It's about time the GAA started coming down hard on these lads.

I agree with O'Rourke on the "manliness" issue.

BennyCake

All these antics makes a sham of this pre-match team handshakes bollix.

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2019, 03:16:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 09, 2019, 02:42:48 PM

What he did has no place in the game whatsoever and he should be ashamed of himself.

Players should be severely punished for that type of shit and they're not.

There is too much tolerance for it because no gets seriously hurt, at least so far.

How about a code of conduct to foster sportsmanship? Usually this sneaky, nasty shit is done to provoke the opponent.

From my own county, Neil McGee missed one league game that time he bent back the Kerry forward's fingers. Not very harmful, but the purpose was to provoke a violent reaction which was, of course, what it did.

Paddy Campbell all those years ago grabbing Enda Muldoon by the balls to get a reaction.

It's about time the GAA started coming down hard on these lads.

I agree with O'Rourke on the "manliness" issue.

Not really that manly to sucker punch an opposition player to the ear from behind like O'Rourke boasts about in his book. He's some man to talk considering the type of player he was and the type of team he played for.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Don't underestimate Harte. He's a right wing conservative. That demographic typically love violence.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2019, 04:10:51 PM
Don't underestimate Harte. He's a right wing conservative. That demographic typically love violence.

Jesus wept! There's some proper loonies on this board.
That was never a square ball!!