2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: straightred on June 08, 2019, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 08, 2019, 07:21:19 PM
Just poor all round by Tyrone today. The pre-match changes just didn't work and we never even looked like we were able to figure out a relatively straight forward kick out strategy. Hartes black card was harsh and it seemed to deflate the team.

As I suspected earlier in the week, we abandoned our game plan at the first sign of trouble. McShane caused problems when we managed to get the ball into him. I'd rather we gave a long ball in and let him battle for it, maybe winning 60-70%  of balls close to their goal, than faff around midfield and lose it there 90% of the time.

Tiernan McCann needs to have a long hard look at himself. That sort of behaviour has no place in the game and he fully deserves whatever punishment comes his way. He has been poor this season so he needs to use his suspension to focus on his game.

Fair play to Donegal, I never thought they were the outsiders that many suggested. 7/4 was a gift to those who backed them. They have a lot of pace, have good scoring forwards and a true leader in Murphy. They'll be difficult to beat.
It was a gouge and then a stamp. Shouldn't play again this summer. That might sort him out

He should be but precedent says he gets a 1 game ban. The GAA need to start clamping down hard on this from next year. 4/5/6 game bans need to be introduced for violent and dangerous acts like McCann today.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TabClear

An exhibition from Donegal in kick outs which have become so crucial in the modern game. Gave them so much good possession. Tyrone were poor all over the pitch but much of it was sloppiness rather than being outclassed.

As for McCann, if he didn't kick a ball all year again for us I wouldn't mind. Trampish action that should be cut out of the game. One game ban is a joke

southtyronegael

Quote from: Under Lights on June 08, 2019, 08:26:36 PM
How did Liam Rafferty jump so far up the pecking order. Ruairi Brennan harshly dropped today. Cassidy too.
Ben Mc Donnell too

Rossfan

Serious Donegal performance in the first half.
Probably 8 points the better team overall.
Poor enough attendance 13,579.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 08, 2019, 08:44:28 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 08, 2019, 08:26:36 PM
How did Liam Rafferty jump so far up the pecking order. Ruairi Brennan harshly dropped today. Cassidy too.
Ben Mc Donnell too

Ben McDonnell started the last game tbf and played quite well in it until he was black carded.

tbrick18

Donegal better than people gave them credit for.
Tyrone are not as good as they get credit for
Swarm defence has worked for Tyrone in recent times as it covers for the areas where the team lacks. There's no real leader on that team and with the exception of mcshane and harte, they don't have stand out players.
Credit to them for getting to a final last year, but it was an over achievement. Thay are not a bad side by any means, but they are not close to Dublin. Harte is still too loyal to the old guard. Colm cavanagh is past it, was exposed against Dublin last year and if anything has gone backwards. Bound to be demoralising for the bench to see him starting.

Donegal on the otherhand have pace, power and stand out players all over the pitch. Murphy was immense. Mchugh, mnellis, the keeper, mcbrearty... Leaders and exceptional talent. They also have their tactics 100%, though I hate to see that organised fouling they were at in their forward line in the first half.

Mccann should be ashamed of himself. He has form too. Any decent manager would condemn his own player for that. Dangerous, thuggish and trampish. No place for it in sport or anywhere else. Deserves a year, will prob get a game

trailer

Completely Harte's fault. Game was lost before the throw in. All the changes, showed he didn't know his best team and probably a lack of faith. While he may have won 3 AIs there can be no doubt he is costing us now. He's failed to develop talented footballers. A lot are opting out. Ill disciplined. Negative football. Every game he stays on, is deterring from his legacy.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Congrats Donegal, deserved victors on the day, who had the skill to execute the drill, to a 'T'.

As for ourselves, I cannot convince myself that those starting 15 were were not picked to lose, like the Qualifiers was a preferred option.

Regarding the man-in-the-middle -- another fairly forgettable and erratic display overall.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: trailer on June 08, 2019, 09:31:43 PM
Completely Harte's fault. Game was lost before the throw in. All the changes, showed he didn't know his best team and probably a lack of faith. While he may have won 3 AIs there can be no doubt he is costing us now. He's failed to develop talented footballers. A lot are opting out. Ill disciplined. Negative football. Every game he stays on, is deterring from his legacy.

Basically this. He has made such a mess of this current side. Initially went with the hugely defensive system which had already been exposed at the highest level by that point. Stuck with it too long before trying to change mid Championship last summer, leading to ridiculous situation of going all out attack against the Dubs in AI final after 2 and half years of mass defense. But at least there was some hope of a more balanced style of play moving forward. Instead there has been another jump to landing high balls on McShane and Mattie. That team today looked lost and confused and that's all down to the management. It's a real shame given what Mickey has done for Tyrone but he should have left the job years ago.

No defence for Tiernan McCann. Absolute stupidity and not for the first time.

Good luck to Donegal, played some good football and a team clearly comfortable with their game plan. Should have won by more.

tonto1888

Quote from: An Watcher on June 08, 2019, 06:46:04 PM
Stick with the blanket and comfortably win ulster every year then suffer against the dubs or abandon the blanket, struggle in ulster and then be more able to compete against the dubs.
Happy enough to abandon the blanket

Win Ulster comfortable every year? Like last year......

SkillfulBill

Quote from: yellowcard on June 08, 2019, 08:10:26 PM
Harte has had his critics but that defeat today had nothing to do with Harte but rather it simply laid bare the lack of quality in that Tyrone squad. They were deficient in the basic skills of the game and had run out of ideas before half time. The score line completely flattered them.

What sort of deluded post is this..... How can anyone watch that today and concluded that this had nothing to do with the man that has been in charge of the team since 2003. . no doubt you believe that all Ireland wins where all Mickey but any defeat had nothing to do with him ..  Catch a f.....g grip and catch yourself on. Mickey Harte has been a beaten docket for years now and today was just another example of his lack of ability.  Tyrone will continue to promise at the highest level but will continue to fail due to the lack of managerial ability they are now the Cork of the North....This is a tough post I have been following Tyrone through thick and thin for near on 50 years now but over the last 10 years it has been really difficult due to the family take over that Tyrone has been subjected too..... Roll on the post Harte era....Tyrone Defenders no.longer can play one on one and all natural forwards have been eliminated from Tyrone panels over the past 10 tears (that is not a miss print)

From the Bunker

Just wondering - Will this put a dent in the support of Tyrone? Today was not a hammering on the scoreboard. But it was a lesson on being controlled on the playing field.

Will there be big a drop off in support?

I know in Mayo. The fans are pure daft and will support Mayo in huge numbers in the back door.

clarshack

Probably depends on who we draw tbh. Derry, Monaghan or Fermanagh would still get the Tyrone support out in the next round. Unlikely with the rest of the teams. Mayo v Tyrone in Castlebar in the round after that would be some game.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Rossfan on June 08, 2019, 09:02:43 PM
Serious Donegal performance in the first half.
Probably 8 points the better team overall.
Poor enough attendance 13,579.
That's an odd number if I ever saw one

ONeill

Unless Colm is manning the square, we have fcuk all defensively.

Although, McNamee did a decent job on McBrearty.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.