The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 01:30:01 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 15, 2018, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 15, 2018, 01:19:58 PM
Are being investigated for singing anti IRA songs at the World Cup and what is Rule Britannia at games all about and that shite about their RAF  fighters... Brexit was driven by racism.
This is a Brexit thread, now?

I thought it was about football.

So is it about football or the state of Croatia's nazi past? You are doing well today
Croatian football is infected with genuinely toxic xenophobia and ultra-nationalism (ie. quasi-fascism) in a way that English football very definitely isn't.

A strong majority of voting English football supporters vote Labour - the game there is rooted in the left-leaning working classes.

sid waddell

Quote from: longballin on July 15, 2018, 01:39:07 PM
Are being investigated for singing anti IRA songs at the World Cup and what is Rule Britannia at games all about and that shite about their RAF  fighters... Brexit was driven by racism.

So is it about football or the state of Croatia's nazi past? You are doing well today

The mindset of England supporters who sing bout RAF bombers, Rule Britannia etc... similar mindset that drove Brexit. you know that. don't be their apologist.
We get it. Your views here can be summed up in three words.

You hate England.

And that's it.

Reality doesn't mean anything to you because...you hate England.

Milltown Row2

Just had great swim there along the Adriatic Sea, was struggling past all the nazi footballers, surprised I made it back!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 01:50:45 PM
Just had great swim there along the Adriatic Sea, was struggling past all the nazi footballers, surprised I made it back!
I'm surprised you were able to make it there at all given the extent to which your sorrows must have been drowned after England's magnificent run to the semi-finals.

Two hours away from the final and here we all are talking about England.

Love them or hate them, you just can't ignore them.

They're box office.

longballin

Quote from: sid waddell on July 15, 2018, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 15, 2018, 01:39:07 PM

The mindset of England supporters who sing bout RAF bombers, Rule Britannia etc... similar mindset that drove Brexit. you know that. don't be their apologist.
We get it. Your views here can be summed up in three words.

You hate England.

And that's it.

Reality doesn't mean anything to you because...you hate England.

not as much as you love them.. lick spittle

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on July 15, 2018, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 01:50:45 PM
I'm surprised you were able to make it there at all given the extent to which your sorrows must have been drowned after England's magnificent run to the semi-finals.

Two hours away from the final and here we all are talking about England.

Love them or hate them, you just can't ignore them.

They're box office.

Box office? This truly shows you up for being a Troll and a WUM, deal with the newspaper report, 2017 I think, maybe you were at that game singing IRA songs too

Mike Tyson

Anyone an opinion on the football itself? :o

Hard to see Croatia getting anything today, looking forward to see how Modric gets on vs that France midfield. Likeable player who Id like to see get player of the tournament but reckon Mbappe will get it. If he scores it's nailed on.

So far been one of the best football tournaments, never mind World Cups, I can remember.

Wildweasel74

I go for a Croatia upset! I Think Belgium have been the best team at this world cup

laoislad

Hope Croatia do it but I've gone for France 3-1 on the prediction comp.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

OG and wasn't a foul on that free. Them the breaks.

longballin

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 15, 2018, 04:20:12 PM
OG and wasn't a foul on that free. Them the breaks.

Blatent cheating, as much a part of the game as heading or tackling

Aughafad

never a penalty in a hundred years

longballin