The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 18, 2011, 03:51:41 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 18, 2011, 03:22:43 PM
QuoteSylvain Marveaux has signed for Liverpool on a free transfer. He is a left sided midfielder who played for Rennes

He failed his medical at Anfield.

Newcastle promptly stepped in and signed him on a 5 year deal.

Seems a strange one alright. Fails his medical at Liverpool and Newcastle promptly give him a 5 year contract straight away. Maybe they were just more willing to take a gamble on him staying healthy.

It is odd. Failed the medical?? Maybe he Failed the strict psychiatric evaluation  and Newcastle signed him.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2011, 07:02:54 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 18, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 18, 2011, 04:05:14 PM
Enough is enough, I love Liverpool and i'm proud to say it. YNWA. F*ck United and all belonging to them.

post of the year. If only we could get EC and R4L to see the light.
Are you joking! Two of the easiest posters to wind up! Its much more fun being able make fools of them than be embarrassed having them as LFC fans.
I'd say Boycey must have got his account hacked!

LL saying I'm easy to wind up!  Love it.  :D

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2011, 07:02:54 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 18, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 18, 2011, 04:05:14 PM
Enough is enough, I love Liverpool and i'm proud to say it. YNWA. F*ck United and all belonging to them.

post of the year. If only we could get EC and R4L to see the light.
Are you joking! Two of the easiest posters to wind up! Its much more fun being able make fools of them than be embarrassed having them as LFC fans.
I'd say Boycey must have got his account hacked!

No its true, i've seen the light and have joined Kennys unstoppable juggernaut. I've even signed up for this facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/130512-The-Day-Liverpool-are-EPL-Champions/208939112477253

SuperDooperCooper

So far there has been a Lot of promises and very little action on the signing front.
Worrying still and the people we are lined to Jay Bothroyd a a Korean who can't get into the Celtic side.
We need two wingers badly and prefereably someone faster than Kuyt (which Downing isn't).
Good old Damian seems to want to sign every central midfielder going as well.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on June 19, 2011, 12:33:15 PM
So far there has been a Lot of promises and very little action on the signing front.
Worrying still and the people we are lined to Jay Bothroyd a a Korean who can't get into the Celtic side.
We need two wingers badly and prefereably someone faster than Kuyt (which Downing isn't).
Good old Damian seems to want to sign every central midfielder going as well.

It is only 19th June and European transfer window not open till 1st July ffs. Linked heavily with Juan Mata. Link with Brazilian winger, not sure of his name. As for good old Damian I reckon it is KK who is looking at players just as much and he always liked his CM. Plenty of time yet.

naka

watched england match last nite, cant see what the hype is in henderson and thought jones was the pick of the bunch
methinks we got the wrong guy

Bingo

Quote from: naka on June 20, 2011, 09:52:31 AM
watched england match last nite, cant see what the hype is in henderson and thought jones was the pick of the bunch
methinks we got the wrong guy

I'd not worry too much about how players play with England. On that basis of the last few world cups, you'd not have bought any of them! It is hard to play in a side as a midfielder when the ball is just flying over your head, although if Carra about he may get used to it!

Pearce is getting some slating from the English for that tournement.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on June 20, 2011, 09:59:05 AM
It is hard to play in a side as a midfielder when the ball is just flying over your head, although if Carra about he may get used to it!

:D

brokencrossbar1

I watched a training video of the u 21's and in a 2 touch game all they were interested in was shooting from all distances.  Henderson is a good player play ing in a system run by fools in the England set up.  Pearce is an idiot who believes all you need is "more passion" to become an Eng-er-lund player. 

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 20, 2011, 10:21:15 AM
I watched a training video of the u 21's and in a 2 touch game all they were interested in was shooting from all distances.  Henderson is a good player play ing in a system run by fools in the England set up.  Pearce is an idiot who believes all you need is "more passion" to become an Eng-er-lund player.

agree 100%. heard pearce chattin last week, said to meself, how would any of those young boys feel listenin to that; absolutely full of waffle.  think thats why he made so much of carroll and wilshere missing, had his excuses ready;

brokencrossbar1

Quotehttp://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/06/18/wolves-eye-up-chelsea-star-ryan-bertrand/

Wolves eye-up Chelsea star Ryan Bertrand
Saturday 18th June 2011, 11:31AM BST.

Chelsea are ready to be Wolves' loan arrangers again after offering them left-back Ryan Bertrand for next season.

The Stamford Bridge club, who have loaned Wolves Michael Mancienne for the last three seasons, have provided boss Mick McCarthy with a potential solution to their left-back dilemma by putting forward the England Under-21 international.

McCarthy is again seeking competition for George Elokobi and Stephen Ward to fill the gap left by £2.5m Jelle van Damme, who failed to settle at Molineux.

Bertrand, who has 15 under-21 caps and is set to continue his ever-present European Championships record for Stuart Pearce's side against Czech Republic in Denmark tomorrow, is one of several options Wolves are currently looking at in that position.

Another is Liverpool's Paul Konchesky, who is available for a fraction of the £3.5m they paid Fulham last summer.

McCarthy tried to take the former West Ham full-back in January only for red tape to block the move because he had already played for Fulham and Liverpool last season.

Contact has again been made with Konchesky's representatives from Wolves.

But McCarthy, who has priced out of a move for Birmingham's Scott Dann but still wants Blues' men Roger Johnson and Craig Gardner, has other irons in the fire and Bertrand is an option.

No stranger to loan spells, Bertrand started his career at Gillingham with Matt Jarvis and has played 146 League games in seven spells at five clubs since turning pro at Chelsea.

The player is a converted winger but has struggled to break through at Stamford Bridge because of Ashley Cole.

Meanwhile, out-of-contract Swansea keeper Dorus De Vries is the latest keeper to be linked with Wolves.

The 30-year-old has so far stalled on a new deal at the Championship play-off winners.

Dutch-born De Vries has been a huge hit at the Liberty Stadium, making 178 League appearances since arriving from Dunfermline four years ago, following spells with Telstar and ADO Den Haag.

Reading's Adam Federici has also come under Wolves' scrutiny. The club are set to announce the signing of a Championship keeper next week.

PFK to the Wolves, here's hoping :D

brokencrossbar1

Downing signing completed and he couldn't wait to come home to have his new club photo taken!

Bingo

Seen that photo on Twitter. Andy looks like he is very happy!! He knows how to enjoy myself anyway, was in Barbados last week with Rooney. Ibizia this week. He'll need a good preseason  ;)

deiseach

Too happy, looks well-oiled. Lay off the hooch!

brokencrossbar1

I reckon Steve Clarke will have "special training" for the Big man :D