The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 21, 2017, 03:01:54 PM
The two highest rated hurdlers in training out of the Champion Hurdle and the highest rated staying chaser along with the two previous winners out of the Gold Cup.  :'(

Not a vintage year.

Djackadam 2nd in last 2. Surely never a better shot at it ?

Donnellys Hollow

I've an unbroken Getaway out in the back field. I might pop him over a fence tomorrow and supplement him!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 21, 2017, 03:16:12 PM
I've an unbroken Getaway out in the back field. I might pop him over a fence tomorrow and supplement him!

If Willie had any guts at the start of the year Douvan would have a penalty kick now.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on February 21, 2017, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 21, 2017, 03:16:12 PM

If Willie had any guts at the start of the year Douvan would have a penalty kick now.

He has a penalty kick with no goalkeeper instead!

bennydorano

O'Leary throws the toys out of the pram again.

Grand National 2017: Don Poli among eight Gigginstown House Stud withdrawals - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/39129382

The annual - Irish horses get a raw deal by the UK handicapper debate.

Donnellys Hollow

Between the handicapping and the modifications to the track they've made a complete balls of the Aintree National over the last ten years or so. It is becoming just another staying handicap chase at this stage.

Frank_The_Tank

Cheltenham tomorrow.  Any tips for the week?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

ardchieftain

Another week of battling the bookies, cheers, tears, and the odd hangover. I can't bloody wait!

Orior

I couldnt sleep the other night so got up and did some channel surfing, before landing on horse racing in Australia. I don't bet or follow horse racing, but the place looked warm and nice.

Anyway, you know when they lead the horses around in a circle before the jockeys mount up, do the horses ever stand on people's toes? 
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Few mates heading over today for the festival!! Hopefully they'll get their money back!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Orior on March 13, 2017, 10:00:50 PM
I couldnt sleep the other night so got up and did some channel surfing, before landing on horse racing in Australia. I don't bet or follow horse racing, but the place looked warm and nice.

Anyway, you know when they lead the horses around in a circle before the jockeys mount up, do the horses ever stand on people's toes?
Did Olly frape you there Orior?
Careful now

screenexile

Everybody keeping their cards close to their chest today!!

WT4E

Lads I'm in the south on a secured work laptop - anywhere I can watch the racing? I remember I use to be able to watch it on rte player but didn't realise it was on TV3 this year

AZOffaly

Quote from: WT4E on March 14, 2017, 01:17:10 PM
Lads I'm in the south on a secured work laptop - anywhere I can watch the racing? I remember I use to be able to watch it on rte player but didn't realise it was on TV3 this year
TV3 Player not work?

WT4E

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2017, 01:19:04 PM
Quote from: WT4E on March 14, 2017, 01:17:10 PM
TV3 Player not work?

No it says sorry this video is not available to watch in your region which I don't understand as I am in Dublin!!