Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

I think it is time SF reigned it in a bit, understandable that they are mega confident after the result. But rubbing it in the face of any one is not the way to make the most of their gains.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Windmill abu

People had stopped voting for Sinn From because of their acceptance of DUP proposals and vetoes at Stormont. The voters are returning now that SF are standing up to the DUP and the British Government. Long may it continue.

Why is calling for a border poll so wrong?

As for the moderate Nationalists who transferred to SF, the SDLP vote didn't drop and second preferences transferred to the UUP. Reassurance of the UUP's transfers to the SDLP is not SF's problem.

If there is another election I would expect the SF vote to go up, especially among young nationalist voters.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on March 15, 2017, 10:25:45 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/colm-t%C3%B3ib%C3%ADn-the-north-must-become-an-independent-eu-state-1.3010252

To think that a so called serious newspaper publishes this crap. Toibin might be able to write a play or novel, but clearly has feck all understanding of anything else.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AhNowRef

Quote from: Windmill abu on March 15, 2017, 10:23:27 AM
People had stopped voting for Sinn From because of their acceptance of DUP proposals and vetoes at Stormont. The voters are returning now that SF are standing up to the DUP and the British Government. Long may it continue.

As for the moderate Nationalists who transferred to SF, the SDLP vote didn't drop and second preferences transferred to the UUP. Reassurance of the UUP's transfers to the SDLP is not SF's problem.

If there is another election I would expect the SF vote to go up, especially among young nationalist voters.

Martina Andersons ridiculously horrendous display wont win SF any votes thats for sure ...  If anything it will win the DUP more votes ..

Avondhu star

Quote from: Armamike on March 14, 2017, 10:58:40 PM
Anderson's hard to listen to at the best of times but this is bizarre. Looks like closing time down the boozer.

Just typical  of the type of behaviour of some of the more scummier elements of Sinn Fein.
May won't pay any heed to SF threats 
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

podge

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 15, 2017, 01:45:27 PM

Martina Andersons ridiculously horrendous display wont win SF any votes thats for sure ...  If anything it will win the DUP more votes ..

Agree with this.  Anderson's rant was well out of order. 

Michelle O'Neill should seize the moment and publicly state that it was unacceptable. 

Not much coming out of the talks or are they all in the snow in New York now?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

93-DY-SAM

SF are fast undoing all the good work they did a few weeks ago. One step forward and two back. The time since the election was a time for calm heads and not headers going on rants like. To me it's no coincidence these comments are coming out form various SF members just as Gerry appears to be popping up all over the place since the election with very unhelpful comments.

seafoid

Quote from: podge on March 15, 2017, 09:15:39 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 15, 2017, 01:45:27 PM

Agree with this.  Anderson's rant was well out of order. 

Michelle O'Neill should seize the moment and publicly state that it was unacceptable. 

Not much coming out of the talks or are they all in the snow in New York now?
I bet her speech was approved by the leadership. Scotland is rocking the UK status quo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JPGJOHNNYG

Andersen is obviously an MEP to keep her out of sight locally as she is useless. Unfortunately for SF too many of their politicians (like all parties here) are of poor quality. Some of the 'new' talent that got elected last month with huge votes are shockingly bad!

NAG1

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 16, 2017, 08:52:28 AM
Andersen is obviously an MEP to keep her out of sight locally as she is useless. Unfortunately for SF too many of their politicians (like all parties here) are of poor quality. Some of the 'new' talent that got elected last month with huge votes are shockingly bad!

Like who Johnny?

podge

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2017, 08:56:23 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 16, 2017, 08:52:28 AM

Like who Johnny?

Not sure about any of the new batch but I would say that, of the higher profile candidates over the last few years, if any of Adams, Anderson, Ruane, Carol NiChuilin, Kelly, Paul Maskey, Mar Lou, Gerry Kelly were on the other side of the argument, I think a lot of people wouldn't have a pile of time for them