Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Sorry, I don't know what point you're making other than proving my point that the Political parties have policies on the bread and butter issues and are delivering
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 13, 2017, 11:31:40 PM
Sorry, I don't know what point you're making other than proving my point that the Political parties have policies on the bread and butter issues and are delivering

I said they all have them but never follow up on them, pure lies ! We'll do this and that leading up to election and then not once follow through on their promises
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Can you give a few examples of promises made in manifestos that were subsequently not followed through.
Careful now

DuffleKing

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 14, 2017, 07:51:56 AM
Can you give a few examples of promises made in manifestos that were subsequently not followed through.

How are you still posting here?

Frank_The_Tank

SF do themselves no favours at times either - latest comments by Martina Anderson just make them seem pretty hypocritical to talk about respect -

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2017/0314/859656-martina-anderson-brexit-border/
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

AhNowRef

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 14, 2017, 02:31:29 PM
SF do themselves no favours at times either - latest comments by Martina Anderson just make them seem pretty hypocritical to talk about respect -

Aye, a great orator she's not ... everytime she speaks it would make you cringe  ???

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 14, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

I agree that was a bit to aggressive and I don't think we are ready for a border poll just yet
SF had a good week recently and what is this about
Trying to score an own goal ala DUP
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

AhNowRef

Yeah, can SF not try and snatch defeat (well, the moral high ground anyway) from the Jaws of victory just this once  ::) ... Why not play it smarter..

Franko

What a ridiculous rant from Anderson.  If ever there was a time to use quiet tones and moderate language.  Reassure the moderate nationalists that they've done the right thing voting for SF.  Reassure those UUP voters who listened to Mike TV and transferred to the SDLP that they haven't been sold a pup.  But no.  What a fcukin halfwit she is.

If Arlene forces another election, I'd bet that at least 50% of the gains made last week would be reversed.

AhNowRef

Yep, talk like that is so bloody counterproductive & stupid its unbelievable ... She's a total liability ..

Jesus H, the European Parliament no less .. FFS  :-\

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 14, 2017, 04:46:56 PM
Yep, talk like that is so bloody counterproductive & stupid its unbelievable ... She's a total liability ..

A truly class act - speaking to a visually empty parliament seating.

For every Arlene, SF have a good few mirror images.

The whole border poll call is just a motivation to unionists to come away from the garden centres and not only vote but to change their votes from the UUP to DUP.  This is part of the SF plan to remove the middle ground remember that 29 seats to DUP/TUV extreme is reflected in the 27 seats for the SF extreme but there are 90 seats and that means that there are 32 seats in the middle ground - majority of the seats in the Assembly.  The only way to break the middle ground is motivate UUP voters to move to DUP as there is little margin for existing SDLP voters to be moved to SF.

ashman

This island has a long tradition of sending mediocrity to Europe . 

armaghniac

Quote from: ashman on March 14, 2017, 05:05:32 PM

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ashman

Quote from: armaghniac on March 14, 2017, 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: ashman on March 14, 2017, 05:05:32 PM

Yes .   

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 14, 2017, 08:52:55 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 14, 2017, 07:51:56 AM

How are you still posting here?
?
Careful now