Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Did you read the piece? Its a good headline, but doesn't seem to bear any relation whatsoever to the story  ::)

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 13, 2017, 02:05:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39255264

This really makes my blood boil. Themmuns on the hill should have their salary frozen and direct it towards this vital charity!

Ministers were paid and in post until 10 pm on 2nd March 2017 including the allegedly supportive Foster.  Not sure if it is the responsibility of Health or Communities but either of them in concert with the other ministers could have decided that the pilot would be extended for another year as an interim measure to ensure continuity of care.  Therefore, this shows that they ALL care more about their parties and political allegiances than the people they are meant to serve.  Service is not part of their thoughts.

haranguerer

Do you know why the pilot wasn't extended?

AhNowRef

Wee Jimmy Krankie calling for a referendum could just be to put pressure on the Tories to slow the feck down a minute and maybe listen to the Scottish, and others' desire to have a softer exit .. or for special consideration for Scotland .. and fair play to her if she is.

I think the talk of the referendum actually happening in 2018/19 would leave time for the Scots to see exactly how Brexit is working out and if its not to their liking they might just vote to leave ..

Its a game changer for them and us over here too if that happens..

What happens if the Scottish parliament votes for the referendum but May refuses, surely the Jocks would just tell her to feck off and have one anyway.. Will May then send in the troops and have Wee Jimmy hung drawn & quartered for treason  ::)  lol

AhNowRef

'No NI stations for Irish elections', warn unionists

Oh dear God .. I see the lovely Tom Elliot is raging ... How sad and pathetic is this ..  ::) FFS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39254792

armaghniac

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 13, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

Oh dear God .. I see the lovely Tom Elliot is raging ... How sad and pathetic is this ..  ::) FFS

Elliot is a gimp, as usual. Will he be preventing people voting for the US president at the US consulate?

meanwhile, Theresa May has accused the SNP of having "tunnel vision"!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2017, 05:37:35 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 13, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

Elliot is a gimp, as usual. Will he be preventing people voting for the US president at the US consulate?

meanwhile, Theresa May has accused the SNP of having "tunnel vision"!
She accused the SNP of being divisive

"Those who still believe Britain has made a mistake in leaving the EU are just patronising members of a liberal metropolitan elite,"

"If you believe you are a citizen of the world, you are a citizen of nowhere"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 13, 2017, 02:05:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39255264

This really makes my blood boil. Themmuns on the hill should have their salary frozen and direct it towards this vital charity!

Will someone please think of the children?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: haranguerer on March 13, 2017, 04:52:10 PM
Do you know why the pilot wasn't extended?

The pilot had completed its term.  It needed to be reviewed and considered for roll out to the whole system.  This should have been on-going by civil servants with reports to minister to ensure continuity of service and a costing of the system wide approach.

Knowing from early January that the assembly was about to dissolve and perhaps not return in time to extend the pilot to being a more permanent service then a minister who cared and was interested in the people would have put in place an interim measure and funding for it beyond the his/her tenure of 10 pm on 2nd March 2017.

The reasons for this failure could be many fold but putting party ahead of people is a major element.

The disgrace now is Foster trying to make capital of the failure to ensure that the scheme does not fold with loss of service and 47 jobs.

Dougal Maguire

The aim of any pilot is to try something innovative and if it works then mainstream it. It would seem, however, that this pilot is now ending and they are now going to look to see how they can apply what has been learned from it into current provision. That will take time and an interim extension of 12 months for the pilot to allow for the new arrangements to be implemented would have seemed to have been a sensible approach. Problem is that the Civil Service is run by accountants and people who operate in silos therefore because the savings are possibly being made in other Departments counts for nothing if the funding department is not getting a return
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2017, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 13, 2017, 12:02:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2017, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 10, 2017, 06:01:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
So people complain that the media keep referring to NI politics and Green and Orange... the vast majority of this thread has been the same thing.

The odd post relates to education/jobs/welfare/hospital waiting lists/welbeing/infrastructure/wages/less tax on the poor more tax on the rich....

Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit (IMHO)  ;)

You are basically saying that the DUP & Sf are exactly the same ... Yet again that is simply not true ... SF weren't involved in "any" of the scandals (dont need to list them again) and even bent over backwards to keep big arnie in position .. but her intransigence, arrogance and just basic bitterness wouldnt allow her (them) to admit to it and take the necessary steps that would have to be taken in any other modern society..

And if the DUP, UUP & TUV etc.. want to dredge up the past and hold their noses etc.. why dont they do the same with all the loyalists they constantly have no issues associating with .. why dont the Orange Order have any issues with them either .. It also shouldnt need pointing out to them that Sf have moved a long long way and they ALL knew the legacy issues when they signed up to this but they just keep bringing us back .. Mind you, considering they seem to deny agreements that were made or renege on them at will seems to be par for the course for them..

EDIT - The DUP & Tory's didnt like the result so may well force another election .. Babies spitting the dummy out comes to mind ..
FFS the lovely uber DUP man Jim Allister basically said on radio yesterday that Stormont should be shut down for ever now as themuns are getting too close to a majority .. its like one football team beating another team for 100 years straight, getting all the prizes etc.. and then when the other team has the downright audacity of getting a draw (a bloody draw for christs sake  ::) ) the first team huffs and says we're not playing you anymore, (cause ye might bate us  >:( ) ... its feckin rediculous .. how do you do proper politics with a shower like that ?

Both sides are NOT the same and I have no problem voting for SF as long as they dont start behaving like the DUP .. then I would change immediately ..

The DUP & BrokenPromises have cobbled together what they think is a solution to their problems .. we end up getting trod upon yet again..
I sincerely hope it doesnt work out for them and if Im a clampit for getting p1ssed off the DUP then I hope to God Im not alone

(I do wish Adams would stay the feck off the TV though)

I said nothing of the sort! I'm basically saying that I've not heard one proper policy from either crowd on the things I've mentioned... now in your twisted logic if that makes them the same then grand..

Give me a party that will tackle the main issues as that's what really matters

Well its certainly what you are implying ... and I quote "Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit"

what would you call that ? ... I doubt its "Twisted Logic" as you say..

You cant do normal politics with this crowd... I would have thought that was pretty obvious..

It depends on what you mean scandals with SF... again ive yet to see read or hear of normal politics from either crowd...

so you cant do normal politics with this crowd so do what then? if ya cant beat them join them??

It is dire stuff, and even more so if the public waste more money on voting again, while not laying blame on SF for that fiasco its still more tax payers money being wasted
Have you read any of the Party manifestos?  All the bread and butter issues are covered there.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Every party has it in their manifestos but they never stick to it. You do know that ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 13, 2017, 09:34:44 PM
The aim of any pilot is to try something innovative and if it works then mainstream it. It would seem, however, that this pilot is now ending and they are now going to look to see how they can apply what has been learned from it into current provision. That will take time and an interim extension of 12 months for the pilot to allow for the new arrangements to be implemented would have seemed to have been a sensible approach. Problem is that the Civil Service is run by accountants and people who operate in silos therefore because the savings are possibly being made in other Departments counts for nothing if the funding department is not getting a return

Exactly as I have said but also the relevant Minister had the time and ability before they left their desk at 10 pm on 2nd March to make a decision to extend the pilot until an overall decision on its value can be decided and to ask that the civil servants to carry out the evaluation of this extensive pilot and have their recommendations ready for any incoming minister. Plenty of other decisions were taken by ministers in the absence of the assembly during the election period.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea