Shane King finally cleared by the Gaa

Started by spiritof91and94, September 06, 2007, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

he should be allowed to play.. the ban should have stopped when he was proved innocent
but i cant see him being invloved.. too big of a game
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Maximus Marillius

Surely he must have a recourse of action and be able to 'sue' for damages?

nrico2006

Exactly, it was June when he was cleared by the courts so why the wait until now to allow him to play again.  It's a joke! Too many idiotic topics like this are appearing on this forum recently!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

believebelive

Quote from: kinghen on September 06, 2007, 03:34:54 PM
i know all charges were cleared but surely they should have left it until the end of the footballing calender?!?

It is statements like this that make me believe in dictatorships - sweet suffering jesus how can some people be so wrong!

bailestil

On what grounds was he actaully banned from playing football?
Is there actually anything in the gaa handbook to deal with something like this?

orangeman

There was probably a statement from the PPS saying that there was no evidence. Nowhere does it say that this man was wronged and falsely accused - neither was there a public apology.

orangeman

Sure he's an innocent man - why wouldn't he play for God's sake  ????

I don't think the question is really appropriate.

southdown

Absolutely disgraceful. I wouldnt think he will play GAA again, probably feels bitter towrads the GAA after the way he was treated.

SouthArmaghBandit

I know the man. He's a great lad and a gentleman. GAA is his life. I understand why the Down Board reacted the way they did but the GAA should have reacted as quickly when the facts were reveiled. Go on Shane your a fine man. Get over it and get back playing.