Derry Beat Antrim In Ulster U-21 Final.

Started by Balboa, August 01, 2007, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Big shock tonight,Derry beat Antrim by a point. Antrim can have no complaints about poor preparation as the team have been together since the start of the year.

the green man

Well done Derry. A nice little boost for the hurling. Thats the first time since 97 when we last won it.

treborstemme

Great evening for Derry hurling.  Delighted, played well throughout the field 'out-hurling' Antrim in many sectors.  Sean Leo McGoldrick being the difference in the end with two fine individual goals.  Sambo and Woody's silence should be deafening.  Antrim totally underestimated the OAKLEAFERS!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Balboa

Sambo was talking last week about how he saw the Dublin game as a huge game. Chickens, count dont etc. Are S & W false prophets?

SeanSouth

I wonder what the excuses coming out of the Antrim camp will be, i had a feeling this would be closer than people thought as i dont think some of the "stars" on the Antrim team are as good as their management would have us believe. The usual excuses about Antrim U-21 lack of preparaton do not apply this year as the squad have been together all year, and have had plenty of training and challenge matches.

milltown row

this was to be Antrim's bright future and when all these lads get to senior they will be taking on the kilkenny's of this world ;D.
As Sambo and Woody give any reasons for this defeat? i'm sure the majority of these lads were playing Senior and minor, championship club games so they would have been match fit and skill levels high

this is not taking anything away from Derry, well played and i hope you give it the same attitude for the semi final, as Dublin are nobody's fool

theskull1

To many Antrim vs Derry is a local discussion Max...you should get away more often. Always shit stirring when hurling is debated  :( .
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

lynchbhoy

Well done Derry, it is always a great achievement to beat Antrim in any grade of hurling

Maximus Marillius

Skull that nothing to do with it...this is on three different threads...when one is suffient. Thats all...nothing against hurling

Dungiven Sur

Max, stop being a tit, don't open the thread if you don't want to read it

Maximus Marillius

Dungiven sur...the thread read Derry beat Antrim in Ulster u21 final...thats why I opened it...it was not on the hurling side so therefore I was really interested, because I knew the football was over. Dont get me wrong...nothing against hurling more of a case of being fussy and thats wioth everything...ye know books in the right place, neta and tidy. In the hurling side I made contributed postively  to this thread.......... Admin move it ;) :D

Dungiven Sur

Max you seem to be good at opening threads on subject already being discussed yourself...  ;)

PlayWithTheWind

what did antrim expect? picking a closed panel, having no trials for potential players? wheres the sense in that?! esp when derry school hurling has been dominant within ulster colleges!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!