Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2018, 10:05:11 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2018, 10:35:50 PM
Canelo v GGG confirmed 15 Sep

has BJS been shafted?

Hopefully.
The stunt he pulled on Murray was a disgrace

nrico2006

He was never going to get the fight anyway, everyone and their dog knew it would be GGG v Alvarez in September, sure the flipping suspension was even tailored to allow it to happen in line with the Mexican Independence Day celebrations.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 10:30:51 AM
He was never going to get the fight anyway, everyone and their dog knew it would be GGG v Alvarez in September, sure the flipping suspension was even tailored to allow it to happen in line with the Mexican Independence Day celebrations.

Saunders should have taken any offer he got in the past year... cos with GGG stripped of the IBF, unification is no longer GGG's top priority and that means Saunder's stock just dropped.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella

Atticus_Finch

Frampton's opponent for the Windsor Park fight is due to be unveiled on Monday. 

The press conference was due to be last Wednesday, Warren didn't give a reason why that didn't take place but it seems that there was a good chance it was caused after the social media backlash suggested unveiling Luke Jackson as Frampton's Windsor opponent wasn't going to go down well.  Not sure if the extra few days will make any difference to getting a better opponent but in an ideal world Warren has gone back to Warrington and chucked some more money at him as well as a guaranteed rematch at Elland road if he agrees to the Windsor fight. Not looking likely though.

Some boxing on sky sports tonight which could prove to be interesting.

Belfast's Paul Hyland jr fights Lewis Ritson in the chief support fight to Josh Kelly vs Kris George.   Ritson has earned a bit of a reputation as a KO machine after his last number of fights in impressive fashion by early KO.  As a result he's been installed as the big favourite.   The bookies have Hyland jr at odds of 7 and 8/1 in places.  I think that's value, I've watched Hyland jr a number of times in Belfast and have always been impressed by his movement.  There's no doubt he would have to be at the top of his game to beat Ritson but I don't see this as the easy KO for Ritson as many envisage.  Hyland can take a punch, he sustained a broken jaw in the 8th round against Stephen Ormond and and saw out the fight to the final bell to claim a disputed decision.  I like the look of the fight to go the distance (priced at 3/1 generally) expecting Hyland to box and move and be wary of Ritson's power.   Ritson only made weight at the second time of asking. I could be wrong , wouldn't be the first or last time ;-) but I just get the sense that Ritson is coming into this fight very complacent and is not giving Hyland the respect he deserves.  Another example of this is he is already talking about having his next fight at St James Park (he's a Geordie) and selling it out.   Ring walk is expectedly to be on roughly about 9pm on Sky Sports Action.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 13, 2018, 11:19:17 PM
When would tickets go on sale for Windsor on 18th August ?

This Friday.

Atticus_Finch

Hyland gets stopped in the first round !  Feel like deleting that earlier post lol.  As soon as Ritson landed the first jab, Hyland was rocked.  Ritson's power just looked level above. He might be something special.

Milltown Row2

Rocky two! Brilliant! Ya got the heart but you ain't got the tools no more!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2018, 11:27:56 PM
Rocky two! Brilliant! Ya got the heart but you ain't got the tools no more!

It would take you to bring up Rocky with the week ol' sly Sly has had..

Milltown Row2

Jeezzeeeee you are a p***k
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Glad to see Hyland beat after he got that scandalous decision against Ormond.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

Luke Jackson confirmed for Frampton Windsor Park date. I'd say when he signed with Warren that wasn't exactly the fight he would dream of for his stadium fight. To call it a letdown would be understatement of the century stuff.

Atticus_Finch

In terms of a headline fight it is a letdown, no two ways about it.

In fairness you could say Warren was a bit unlucky to be in this opponent quagmire. Plan A was Selby coasted a relatively easy decision against Warrington, Warrington threw a spanner in the works there (fair play to him).  Plan B was also scuppered when Valdez sustained a broken jaw against Quigg.  From what I understand Warrington has been confirmed as Frampton's next opponent.  A lot of effort went into securing Windsor Park for August 18th so it was a case of the show must go on. 

Paddy Barnes getting a genuine world title shot (as opposed to an alphabet soup belt) on the same bill wasn't something i saw coming.  Warren deserves credit for that.

As for Fury's involvement, assuming he will not be fighting a big name, then I'm not sure it overly adds to the bill or attracts fans. I will probably get grief for what I am about to say on the basis of stereotyping ... Tyson Fury's involvement in a fight on occasions sees fights in the crowd, perhaps you could say that is a coincidence and nothing to do with his average fan ....  anyone that i'm talking to about the bill casts their minds back to Fury vs Rogan when there was quite a bit of trouble in the crowd and his involvement in the Windsor bill (once again assuming he is fighting not a big name) doesn't attract them to going.  Those boxing crowd fights are entertaining to watch on twitter etc but would you really want one kicking off right beside you ?

Nrico - A tad harsh on Hyland there, agree there was one judgement on that Hyland vs Ormond fight was CJ Ross material but Hyland wasn't on the judging panel for his own fight in fairness so don't know why you would hold that against him.  No doubt he was dying to see the final bell but had done well earlier on.  As far as I know the only reason Ormond didn't get a rematch at the time was because Hearn had promised Hyland a shot at Ritson if he won the fight.  Understand Ormond won at the weekend so hopefully they both can go at it again, maybe even on the undercard of Frampton vs Jackson.

NAG1

Quote from: square_ball on June 18, 2018, 12:21:52 PM
Luke Jackson confirmed for Frampton Windsor Park date. I'd say when he signed with Warren that wasn't exactly the fight he would dream of for his stadium fight. To call it a letdown would be understatement of the century stuff.

It is a money making racket lads that's all that boxing is, next to horse racing in the crooked stakes.

Bring it to Windsor put the hard sell on it and wheel out a non event as the headline. Fury on the bill too with what is likely to be another joke opponent.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on June 20, 2018, 09:50:35 AM
Quote from: square_ball on June 18, 2018, 12:21:52 PM

It is a money making racket lads that's all that boxing is, next to horse racing in the crooked stakes.

Bring it to Windsor put the hard sell on it and wheel out a non event as the headline. Fury on the bill too with what is likely to be another joke opponent.

Aye heard the three or them interviewed at Windsor the other day, it was all a bit desperate. Frampton reckons Windsor has the best atmosphere in the world, I know he is trying to sell it but come on
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Eddie Hearn v Deontay Wilder on Twitter has been good entertainment.