U14 Féile

Started by No wides, June 16, 2016, 09:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Some great camogie in Gowran this evening. Two good wins for Young Irelands and some great skill by players on all teams. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

Kilkevan

How come Kenmare/Kilgarvan were allowed to enter an under 16 team in an under 14 competition?

Harold Disgracey

Very warm in Clara today and some good camogie on show. Our girls battled hard but unfortunately lost their opening two games. Realistically they are not Division 2 standard, I've no idea why they were placed there. Enjoying a well earned pint now.

Kilkevan

Gowran won very well in their last hurling match. Portaferry didn't look like a bad team but Gowran had way too much for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do very well in the knock out rounds.

BTW, how is it decided whether you play division 1, 2, 3 etc?

Kilkevan

Gowran camogie won again to top group.

theskull1

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 16, 2017, 07:14:41 PM
How come Kenmare/Kilgarvan were allowed to enter an under 16 team in an under 14 competition?
:o thats not true is it?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Kilkevan

Quote from: theskull1 on June 17, 2017, 12:29:59 PM

Look at div 2 grp b, clearly listed as an u16 team.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 17, 2017, 02:20:28 PM

I saw them play
they were definitely under 14. I don't know why that was on the fixtures. Must be a typo
Gowran beat Glynn-Barntown in Ferns this afternoon. daylight robbery with the referee totally out of his depth and the gowarn sideline (charlie carter & co) dictating frees and refereeing decisions

standard of Kilkenny and Wexford club teams in the competition is very high, even down in Division 4, 5, 6 etc

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 17, 2017, 10:27:34 PM

I saw them play
they were definitely under 14. I don't know why that was on the fixtures. Must be a typo
Gowran beat Glynn-Barntown in Ferns this afternoon. daylight robbery with the referee totally out of his depth and the gowarn sideline (charlie carter & co) dictating frees and refereeing decisions

standard of Kilkenny and Wexford club teams in the competition is very high, even down in Division 4, 5, 6 etc

Charlie wasn't even on the sideline   ???.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 18, 2017, 08:21:09 AM

I saw them play

strange
was talking to him afterwards
he was carrying bottles

but you'll admit that they were influencing the referee all game? your number 11 was a bully and was let away with fouling his player the whole game and got away with it. same for your big midfielder.

anyway, semi finals today

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 18, 2017, 09:23:10 AM

I saw them play

strange
he was carrying bottles

but you'll admit that they were influencing the referee all game? your number 11 was a bully and was let away with fouling his player the whole game and got away with it. same for your big midfielder.

Ah would you stop, they're an under 14 team for goodness sake. Can we leave the playground "my Daddy's bigger than your Daddy" nonsense where it belongs?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 18, 2017, 10:19:58 AM

I saw them play

strange
he was carrying bottles

Ah would you stop, they're an under 14 team for goodness sake. Can we leave the playground "my Daddy's bigger than your Daddy" nonsense where it belongs?
my observation as a neutral.

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 18, 2017, 02:14:46 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on June 18, 2017, 10:19:58 AM

I saw them play

strange
he was carrying bottles

my observation as a neutral.

Call me sceptical...

johnneycool

Our camogs won the Div2 Shield after coming back from being 10 points down against Na Fianna of Meath, well done them and only 4 missing out next year.
Turns out one of our management team done the decent thing after our round robin game with Kilcormac Killoughey after the ref had the game as a draw, but our sideline had it down as a 2 point win for Kilcormac and the Kilcormac management were surrounding the ref as they had it the same. He'd to step in and correct the referee much to Kilcormac's delight.
Kilcormac eventually topped the league thanks to a point less conceded as we were on the same points.
I think they ended up getting beat by Dicksboro in the Div2 camogie final only by a goal.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnneycool on June 19, 2017, 09:24:12 AM
Our camogs won the Div2 Shield after coming back from being 10 points down against Na Fianna of Meath, well done them and only 4 missing out next year.
Turns out one of our management team done the decent thing after our round robin game with Kilcormac Killoughey after the ref had the game as a draw, but our sideline had it down as a 2 point win for Kilcormac and the Kilcormac management were surrounding the ref as they had it the same. He'd to step in and correct the referee much to Kilcormac's delight.
Kilcormac eventually topped the league thanks to a point less conceded as we were on the same points.
I think they ended up getting beat by Dicksboro in the Div2 camogie final only by a goal.
pity a few other teams didn't take that approach to their opponents
I saw both sides of management behaviour over the weekend