The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Lads i think we should have somewhere for everyone to leave their best wishes for Rangers ahead of their UEFA Cup Final on May 16th. Everyone must have been impressed by their heroic journey through this years competition. They have certainly won my heart. Im sure their fans will bring wonderful colour and excitement to the great city of Manchester.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

illdecide

It's a pity they're in the final as i would like the competition to go for another while as it's been perfect to put my 3 year old to sleep. Certainly in Europe they have been the most boring and negative team i've ever seen.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

This just proves how good the SPL actually is.
It used to be just Celtic and rangers, but imo now Aberdeen, Dundee utd , Motherwell and Hibs could also give a good account of themselves if in the epl - obv they would need greater cash to bolster minimal current squads, but the attacking play on view for most SPL games is imo far more exciting to watch than most epl games (apart from maybe Arsenal or Man U games).

football is played in the spl in the true spirit and ethos it was traditionally meant to be played in (funnily enough maybe rangers cannot be included in this).

so well done rangers and the co-efficient has been raised again for spl clubs.

clarshack

rangers have to be the most negative team in europe since red star belgrade's disgraceful performance in the 1991 european cup final when they deliberately went for 0-0 and penalties.

at the same time the likes of sporting lisbon and fiorentina need to have a damn long hard look at themselves especially christian vieri.

doirebhoy

i am a hoops man through n through, however i have nothing against the gers being sucessfull. the year we got to the final we deserved it, we played lethal football, an had 1 of the best strikers in europe, we beat barce stuttgart etc, the gers have not played good football at all, they are a shocking side. wos at the recent old firm game 2-1, celts played them off the pitch.

Shocking Side

clarshack

apparently the St. Petersburg player who's top scorer in the uefa cup with 11 goals (and scored twice last night) misses out through suspension. name on the cup!

Billys Boots

Only saw the highlights last night, but St. Petersburg look a very decent side indeed - they absolutely destroyed a formidable-looking Bayern side.  I think they're Russian Champs, and will be in CL next year too.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

GalwayBayBoy

More matches like that would get football stopped. Rangers are the most negative side I've seen in Europe since Steaua Bucharest. Crossing the half-way line seems to be a last resort for them.

That said their name seems on the cup with Bayern Munich being knocked out and Zenit losing their top striker. Plus the final in Manchester will be like a home game for them.

doirebhoy

there will be a 100,000 huns in manchester on 14th may, FACT

wesaysanchez

im back and i m black.

well done to the Rangers last night they are the best team in eorupe (accpet our weeecountry) they of showed seloick how to win in europe so they hanbev. ia m goiunf got manchesrter for to watch the final . we will win so we will. foloow follow. o of wriiten a song for the occasion. o manchester o mancherst o manchesrte is wonderful its full of nice grils and the super bears o manchesrter is wodnerful.
it is coogd gtatht wee stevie davies is ont he  team it gives a loik link to ocw so it does. i here we are after hughiesy and king dvaid of killyleagh. we will be some team and it os good for to have loyal woc men in the rangers team for they play for the shirt so they do.
i hope chelasea win the chaionmps league for it wil be a blue fest of the blue sibrother in the super cup. that willbe some fun. whe nis it on. oh right you fenians wiuldn't knoe - losers. ha ha.

theres n otim in euore no tims i europe.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clarshack

Quote from: doirebhoy on May 02, 2008, 12:00:57 PM
there will be a 100,000 huns in manchester on 14th may, FACT

will be a home game. who the f*ck is going to travel from Russia?

clarshack

although with advocaat in charge and ricksen playing it might be a case of their own kind beating them.

red hander

Quote from: clarshack on May 02, 2008, 09:42:59 AM
rangers have to be the most negative team in europe since red star belgrade's disgraceful performance in the 1991 european cup final when they deliberately went for 0-0 and penalties.

at the same time the likes of sporting lisbon and fiorentina need to have a damn long hard look at themselves especially christian vieri.

Wee bit unfair clarshack.  Yes Red Star went for scoreless draw and the penalties win, but in the previous rounds of the competition they were an absolute joy to watch, one of the best footballing teams of that era.  I suspect it was fear of losing that led to their tactics in the final.

Now, as regards the huns, they have just patented and copyrighted a new form of the game called anti-football with all the negativity of those Italian teams of the 70s and 80s but without a scintilla of the skills ... 11 men behind behind the ball at all times then a big hoof up to that Spanish poof Novo.

But hey, they'll not mind if they win.  And they probably received their bonus for winning the semi-final when they flew into Glasgow this morning, namely Jim Beglin on his knees at the arrivals gate to blow each and every one of the Rangers party ... his commentary last night was a f****** disgraceful load of biased cac

Main Street

In 1972 Rangers played in that now defunct Cup Winners Cup final against a Moscow team.
They were banned from defending it the next year not because of the GBH inflicted on the Moscow team in the 2nd half but because of the behaviour of their fans.

If Rangers win the UEFA cup, there will be calls for the tournament to be abandoned due to it's reputation as a football competition being indelibly stained.

Though Celtic can use the coefficients to good effect in the CL with auto entry to the league format.