Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Kilcoo, Glenn and Ballyholland.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

T O Hare

Quote from: Catch the high ball on May 18, 2010, 04:02:42 PM

I would not say the harps would be overly strong, Kilcoo, Burren, Glenn are very strong!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Orior

Quote from: Catch the high ball on May 18, 2010, 04:02:42 PM

For many years Glenn stole players from Poyntzpass and other surrounding areas. Good to see that they're producing their own now.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

IanDowie

Quote from: Master Yoda on May 18, 2010, 03:58:17 PM
Who is the top minor teams in Down this year?

Not sure Yoda, think Kilcoo are strong. A few fellas from the Newry Hogan cup winning team, two Johnston brothers, could be wrong though. As for Armagh, Cross, Pearse Og and Armagh Harps are all strong.

Hows the minor stuff going around your parts? Can't be as bad as the seniors I hope? :P Just carrying on. :)

T O Hare

Some good news!!!!!

Rogers hoping to play against Donegal

Down's Ambrose Rogers
19 May 2010

Ambrose Rogers is keeping his fingers crossed that he will be able to play some part in Down's Ulster SFC opener against Donegal on Sunday week.

The midfielder suffered a stress fracture in his foot prior to last month's NFL Division 2 final against Armagh and, despite having an air-cast removed at the weekend, is resigned to not starting the Ballybofey tie. However, he still hopes to see some action.

"I had a sore foot there for a few weeks but I got the cast off," he told the Irish Daily Mirror.

"It's still touch and go but I'm playing to play some part in Ballybofey. If I can get a decent week's training over me, then I'm not going to rule myself out. I'd still like to put my name in for contention to play."

Rogers had been out of action for almost a year after having his spleen removed before making a successful return to the Down colours in this year's league campaign.

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Dubh driocht

Ambrose has been the best player I have seen in all the games ( 10 including games not involving Down) I have seen this year.Until he received the terrible injury, his best game was in the drawn game in Omagh in 2008 SFC. Coming on as a sub, a wise man in our company said he was our best defender, midfielder and forward that day, and he was right .Funnily enough, he has not impressed me as much when he plays for the Stone- no disrespect , but I think he plays better with better players around him.You could really see that in Mullingar, when his link play with Benny and John Clarke was exceptional ( as well, to be fair, with Mark Poland).He also thinks on the same wavelength as Marty Clarke- knows when to make the run, knows when to hold, knows when to hit long, knows when to retain possession.He has some similar traits as his flawed genius of a father but beyond the name, the comparisons should end, as he is his own man.I think the Mirror story is hype unfortunately - would love to see him in Ballybofey but it may be a week too early.However, I am confident that before the summer is over, he will get the national recognition he deserves and fair play to James for making him captain.

Mourne Rover

Ambrose is a gem of a footballer, even if his injuries and our general lack of success mean that his ability is largely unrecognised outside Down. His chances of featuring in Ballybofey must be very slim, but we at least still have a potentially decent midfield in Dan and big King. The huge problem is still the defence, with McCartan suspended, McArdle struggling for fitness and Rafferty looking doubtful. Our list of other injured defenders includes Duffin, Brannigan and Carr (all definitely out apparently), with Howard and Doyle some distance from a return. It looks as though we may be handing out a couple of championship debuts at the back, which is hardly ideal.

sebastion

Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 19, 2010, 09:30:40 PM
Ambrose is a gem of a footballer, even if his injuries and our general lack of success mean that his ability is largely unrecognised outside Down. His chances of featuring in Ballybofey must be very slim, but we at least still have a potentially decent midfield in Dan and big King. The huge problem is still the defence, with McCartan suspended, McArdle struggling for fitness and Rafferty looking doubtful. Our list of other injured defenders includes Duffin, Brannigan and Carr (all definitely out apparently), with Howard and Doyle some distance from a return. It looks as though we may be handing out a couple of championship debuts at the back, which is hardly ideal.
I could see James having to drop some of our bigger names back into defence and may be giving  starts to some other lads he has brought into the panel

Pangurban

I expect to see Dan Gordon starting at CFB

norabeag

Quote from: Wee Shea on May 20, 2010, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on May 20, 2010, 03:32:44 AM

Centre Forward Back?
Is there a teachers strike in Lurgan today or something?

dundrumite

Quote from: Wee Shea on May 20, 2010, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on May 20, 2010, 03:32:44 AM

Centre Forward Back?

Full... Fitting word for that post   :)

Square Ball

A Chara
The Down v Donegal game on 30th May is NOT an All Ticket Fixture.

There are though a limited number of Stand Tickets available to Clubs, these will be priced as follows

Adult £23.00 Covered Stand
Adult £21.00 Open Stand
Family Open Stand Only Adult £21.00 Child £5.00 OAPS Open Stand Only £13.00

The Terrace Prices are £13.00 Adult, OAP £9.00 and Under 16s are Free to the Terrace, this is only payable at the turnstiles.

Clubs are requested to place their orders for Stand Tickets with me by 10.00am on Monday Morning, we will then take stock of all of the orders and inform Clubs of their allocation. It is important to know that we will try our best to meet Club Orders for Stand Tickets but we cannot gaurantee this.

If no order is received by 10.00 am on Monday then it will be deemed that your Club will not require any stand Tickets and that is understandable  as your members may just wish to go to the Terraces.

Seán Óg Mac an tSaoir

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Pangurban

Centre Full Back you idiot, or does that position not exist in Soccer

sebastion

Quote from: Pangurban on May 20, 2010, 07:00:51 PM
Centre Full Back you idiot, or does that position not exist in Soccer
good one :D there is a lot of typing going on before the thinking

Catch the high ball

When are the Championship draws due to be made?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010