sunday game new presenter

Started by ildanach, April 08, 2009, 05:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

Des Cahill new sunday game presenter with spillane returning to the other side of the sofa.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0408/sundaygame.html
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

thebandit

bingobus

Not a bad choice, fairly neutral and will have the balls to put the hard questions across....hopefully.

Rossfan

It'll be endless Dubs and Kingdom and the Seventies etc etc yawnnnnnnnn
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on April 08, 2009, 06:11:15 PM
It'll be endless Dubs and Kingdom and the Seventies etc etc yawnnnnnnnn

Is it just me or does it look like musical chairs? Nothing really new, fresh or innovative.
MWWSI 2017

ExiledGael

Good call IMO. Never going to keep everyone happy but he knows the game and what people want to ask/hear.

RedandGreenSniper

Good choice. Not the best choice imho (Dara O Cinneide) but a good choice all the same. Will be an improvement on Pat. Curious to see will I enjoy Pat on the other side of the couch or just want shut of him altogether!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

thebandit

I wonder will Pat turn into a complete caricature now (i.e. a yapping dose) or will he provide insightful analysis?

5 Sams

Quote from: ildanach on April 08, 2009, 05:37:04 PM
Des Cahill new sunday game presenter with spillane returning to the other side of the sofa.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0408/sundaygame.html

Excellent choice......knows his stuff....bit of humour with him.....looking forward to it.

The Road to Croker was excellent.
The Aristocrat Years

jodyb

Quote from: thebandit on April 08, 2009, 06:41:43 PM
I wonder will Pat turn into a complete caricature now (i.e. a yapping dose) or will he provide insightful analysis?

I would imagine they'll use Spillane on the live broadcast rather than the roundup program. It would be awkward I would think if he was to be an analyst with Cahill, at least until Cahill is well established in the role.

Anyway, Just delighted to see Pat gone from the anchor role. 4 cringeworthy years

Bogball XV

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 08, 2009, 06:39:47 PM
Good choice. Not the best choice imho (Dara O Cinneide) but a good choice all the same. Will be an improvement on Pat. Curious to see will I enjoy Pat on the other side of the couch or just want shut of him altogether!
is it not preferable to keep o'cinneide where he is?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Happy enough with that. With what Spillane has had to bottle up over these last four years he's likely to spontaneously combust on his first programme back on the other side of the couch.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mouview

Disastrous choice. Cahill is much too lightweight and averse to confrontation to be any good. He's the kind of presenter who'll be more worried about players whose socks and togs don't match and will probably introduce a raffle to win €100 worth of free shopping down at your local Spar.

thejuice

not a great choice if you ask me. Some young blood would be nice, like everyone was saying, Dara O'Cinneide
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ExiledGael

Quote from: thejuice on April 08, 2009, 09:34:19 PM
not a great choice if you ask me. Some young blood would be nice, like everyone was saying, Dara O'Cinneide

As good a speaker as O Cinneide is he showed last year that he's totally unable to be impartial in controversial circumstances involving Kerry, bluffed it totally.