FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: ONeill on November 28, 2022, 12:18:25 AM
Could say the same about all the top sides. Spain, Germany, Brazil and even France (Giroud?) lack a Kane, who hasn't scored yet.
Giroud doing rightly for France who have Mbappe anyway who is reliable for goals. Thought Morata was good last night

Hound

Could say the same about all the top sides. Spain, Germany, Brazil and even France (Giroud?) lack a Kane, who hasn't scored yet.
With Mpabbe there, I'd still probably pick France as having the best attack. Giroud is obviously limited but does his job, and they need Dembele to consistently pull his weight. Brazil and England next best, lots of options, lots of pace.

I thought Spain's workrate/intensity wasn't at Germany's level. Maybe that was because the game was more important to the Germans. I thought the Germans fully deserved the draw, but very lucky Japan didn't put them out of the tournament by beating Costa Rica. Japan really messed up and were very disappointing. Germany should hammer Costa Rica, will be interesting to see if Japan can get their act together, but expect Spain to have enough.

After the fantastic joyous scenes at the end of the Morocco-Belgium game, it's a real pity to the scenes in Brussels with young Moroccan hooligans running amok.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on November 28, 2022, 07:49:34 AM
With Mpabbe there, I'd still probably pick France as having the best attack. Giroud is obviously limited but does his job, and they need Dembele to consistently pull his weight. Brazil and England next best, lots of options, lots of pace.

I thought Spain's workrate/intensity wasn't at Germany's level. Maybe that was because the game was more important to the Germans. I thought the Germans fully deserved the draw, but very lucky Japan didn't put them out of the tournament by beating Costa Rica. Japan really messed up and were very disappointing. Germany should hammer Costa Rica, will be interesting to see if Japan can get their act together, but expect Spain to have enough.

After the fantastic joyous scenes at the end of the Morocco-Belgium game, it's a real pity to the scenes in Brussels with young Moroccan hooligans running amok.

Felt Spain played a bit with the handbrake on tbh, thought they had a few extra gears to go too, the difference was Germany had to work their socks off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

In soccer and in football the defenders are all used to coming up against a certain type of player.
The big man on the square being served decent ball in both sports is not the norm.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

AustinPowers

Quote from: michaelg on November 28, 2022, 07:21:09 AM
Let's hope Alan Shearer is packed off back to the studio - That was the worst co commentary stint I have ever heard.

You've never heard  Jermaine jenas then?!  :o

imtommygunn

Michael Owen on his best day wouldn't be as good (bad as it is) as that.

Milltown Row2

The time wasting from Cameroon is unreal...

Guy went down with an injury to his face and he wasn't even touched!!

You need bring that player to the screen and get him to explain his actions then book him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2022, 10:38:32 AM

You need bring that player to the screen and get him to explain his actions then book him
Anyone going down holding their face like that should be forced to stay off for 10 minutes for head injury assessment.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lurganblue

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 28, 2022, 10:50:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2022, 10:38:32 AM

Anyone going down holding their face like that should be forced to stay off for 10 minutes for head injury assessment.

I like that!

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on November 28, 2022, 11:31:49 AM
3-3 , unbelievable, Jeff
All the African/Arab nations seem to be really holding their own, bar Qatar all the weaker countries have given a decent account of themselves, I know Costa Rica were tanked by Spain but they followed up by beating Japan.

seafoid

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 28, 2022, 12:37:46 PM
3-3 , unbelievable, Jeff
All the African/Arab nations seem to be really holding their own, bar Qatar all the weaker countries have given a decent account of themselves, I know Costa Rica were tanked by Spain but they followed up by beating Japan.
2 nil to Ghana versus South Korea

Gabriel_Hurl

oakleaflad

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 28, 2022, 12:37:46 PM
3-3 , unbelievable, Jeff
Costa Rica have looked a poor side. Japan dominated that game in truth. Mentioned on commentary that their goal was their only shot on target in their opening 2 games.

It is good to see a more open World Cup though, the perceived weaker countries have caught up somewhat.