That was an embarrassing performance from Glenullin

Is intermediate in Derry that bad?

theticklemister

Quote from: shawshank on November 14, 2022, 11:57:47 AM

It was fantastic in 2021

The Trap

Not so fantastic in 2022 tickle......embarrassing really for a team good enough to win the all ireland. Can they bounce back in 2023?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: The Trap on November 14, 2022, 01:51:10 PM
Not so fantastic in 2022 tickle......embarrassing really for a team good enough to win the all ireland. Can they bounce back in 2023?

They will, because everyone knew it was a sham fight

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: shawshank on November 14, 2022, 11:57:47 AM

I'd say yes intermediate is weak, but not as weak as yesterdays game makes it look. Last year Steelstown won an all Ireland, and arguably their toughest (or at least closest) games were in Derry with both Castledawson and Greenlough running them to a point I think. This year, while it might sound strange given they won every game, I don't think Glenullin are the best team in Derry. It's only a year since they should have been relegated to junior and they were very very poor. I think Paddy has done a great job at finding a system that hides their deficiencies and gives them a platform, and even at his age on his day (which hasn't been that often tbh) Skinner still brings a quality that others at intermediate can't match. I think Glenullin used the groups stage of championship to get on a run and build momentum while other teams seen it as an extension of the league, and when you get on a run it can be a serious hard to stop.  But the issue was always once you get to Ulster you don't have that, your meeting another team with momentum and there was always a feeling that if a team got a run on them and a couple goals would Glenullin have the ability all over the field to cope. Man for man I'd actually put Glenullin 4/5th in Derry at best. As I said that probably sounds mad having won the championship winning every game but sure lol

Wildweasel74

Sure there a no of lads over 35, they been a weak team to come out compared to other years, very poor to give away 7 goals, Drunsurn with a younger team would put up a better showing. the only fballer of Senior level Neil McNicholl.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 15, 2022, 12:46:03 AM
Sure there a no of lads over 35, they been a weak team to come out compared to other years, very poor to give away 7 goals, Drunsurn with a younger team would put up a better showing. the only fballer of Senior level Neil McNicholl.
Didn't see Galbally game but seen them a few times in championship and thought the lad Fergal? Close inside looked good. Could maybe bulk up a bit but looked lively.
In general the posts above are probably right on their overall strength and age profile but fair play to them. Supposed to be relegated the season before and managed to win it. Intermediate maybe not as strong now as in previous seasons but it is wide open.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 15, 2022, 10:58:18 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 15, 2022, 12:46:03 AM
Didn't see Galbally game but seen them a few times in championship and thought the lad Fergal? Close inside looked good. Could maybe bulk up a bit but looked lively.
In general the posts above are probably right on their overall strength and age profile but fair play to them. Supposed to be relegated the season before and managed to win it. Intermediate maybe not as strong now as in previous seasons but it is wide open.

Tyrone would be stronger too though this year?

TirEoghainGael

God14

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on November 17, 2022, 02:26:24 PM
Mickey Harte to Slaughtneill?

Heard the same. Met in an Omagh hotel at start of week. Done deal.

tbrick18

Quote from: God14 on November 17, 2022, 02:35:07 PM

:o
That'll cost a few quid!

the goal was on

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 17, 2022, 02:58:33 PM
Quote from: God14 on November 17, 2022, 02:35:07 PM

:o
That'll cost a few quid!

Those religious types absolutely love money ...!

RedHand88

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont think it bridges the gap but jees you cant say they lack ambition. Is the disco startin up again 😃

paddyjohn

St Mickey fond of the coin. Louth & the Robbies.

He's some boy I tell ye.