Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Silver hill

Slippers are what posh people were on their feet before going to bed....you must live over on Culmore Rd? :)
Don't think you would break your neck.  Played 5 a side for years on 3G, plenty worn mouldies but majority wore trainers.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Silver hill on November 08, 2022, 11:43:09 PM
Slippers are what posh people were on their feet before going to bed....you must live over on Culmore Rd? :)
Don't think you would break your neck.  Played 5 a side for years on 3G, plenty worn mouldies but majority wore trainers.

It's a Derry city thing ,slippers lad. I know sounds mad

You never played on 3g in trainers , unless you were playing dander ball? Wouldn't last 2 mins in the wet, you'd be on your hole,think your bluffing there.

I've played loads hurling and football on  3g and wouldn't even think on not wearing mouldies

Played on mid Ulster, claudy , Owenbeg.

Wildweasel74

Trainers, played a few times on with trainers, done in my ankle, you can't stop, turn or even run proper in trainers on this pitch and if I remember right it was raining that evening, you break your ankle /leg in them conditions. You not play soccer on a 3g pitch before?

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: Silver hill on November 08, 2022, 08:44:30 PM
Looks like the member of the steelstown management who is also vice chair, forgot to tell the club and his team of the contingency plan that was voted on at the Ulster council meeting that he attended.
They were on the bus on the way to the game.....plough on and play it and worry about gaining any moral high ground later in the boardroom. Every player on that bus would have been wearing trainers which they could have used in a 3G pitch if required. As for the steel studs story.....If there were 2 players who had steel studs in their boots I'd be very surprised.
I have sympathy for the players but the blame here is squarely at the feet of steelstown management and officials.  That's my tuppensworth on it.

This 100%. Feel for the girls as it's tough on them to have to play 3 big games in little over a week, but it's not a big conspiracy or anything like that, it was just bad luck. The way steelstown behaved in the aftermath of the quarter final with regards to their social media posts and enraging any and every MLA etc.. they could get was a disgrace. Anyone who knows, knows that Steelstown never had any intention of playing the game, and it wasn't due to player welfare but due to the fact they had players missing due to work and uni. The fault here lays squarely at the feet of Steelstown's management and or committee. Also what people are missing here is the fact that had Steelstown got their way then their opponents in the final (should they have got there) would have had had a 3 week break without a game while Steelstown would have went in battle hardened and on a 3 game winning run week on week with serious momentum. Someone had to lose out in this situation once the first game was postponed and unfortunately that was Steelstown, they should have accepted it and used it as motivation instead of throwing the toys out of the pram.

Wildweasel74

You say they no intention of playing the game but we're already travelling, explain that? Issue is the club should have objected to a 3G backup, I would never play on one after getting badly hurt on 1 playing soccer.

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Do you have proof they were traveling??? How far did they get?? They knew at half 3 about the 3G pitch (it was actually on their Facebook before that advising that the game was now to be on a 3G, but let's go with the official story), so do you really think they had already left at 3:30 for an 8pm throw in with a 2 hour journey?? Almost every version of the story Steelstown have put out doesn't add up.

MajorShields26

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

theticklemister

Good luck to Derry City tomorrow

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

theticklemister

Great craic here in the Aviva. 2-0 up and doing well

Is there a gaa match in the city today?

quit yo jibbajabba

Bitta oul riotin at her i see

Anyone see the video of the young boys fightin at end of the Glenullin Galbally match?! V funny. Karate kicks galore 😃😂

theticklemister

Coming through New Buildings here now. Heads down. What a great day in the best stadium in Dublin.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

We stopped and scrapped them in 89. They ran like feck

Brendan

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 13, 2022, 07:52:41 PM
Bitta oul riotin at her i see

Anyone see the video of the young boys fightin at end of the Glenullin Galbally match?! V funny. Karate kicks galore 😃😂

Fair play to the young fella from Glen holding his own till back up arrived 🤣, just wait till Gregory Campbell jumps on that footage though another stick to beat his GAA constituents with