GAA Club Websites

Started by GaillimhIarthair, April 26, 2007, 11:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

I know this topic has probably been done to death on here, but Im looking to upgrade the Club website to something decent and I'm just wondering what are the approx costs involved and who would ye recommend to do a proper job in terms of setup etc.

Cheers

ziggysego

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 26, 2007, 11:57:21 AM
I know this topic has probably been done to death on here, but Im looking to upgrade the Club website to something decent and I'm just wondering what are the approx costs involved and who would ye recommend to do a proper job in terms of setup etc.

Cheers

GAA.ie give free templates and URLs for club websites.

Alternatively use the search to see the thread when this topic was last discussed ;)
Testing Accessibility

Black and white

My club(kevin Lynchs) use gaelsport.  it is pretty good

Tony Baloney

QuoteMy club(kevin Lynchs) use gaelsport.  it is pretty good

Cost?

robertemmet

New Derry GAA Site

www.derrygaa.ie

heganboy

www.uujgaelic.com (with the tv...)
www.tyronegaa.ie
both done with gaelsport. Try and get someone to sponsor your site and/or the text messages- your club should make money from the website, not have a cost to maintain it. Give the lads at gaelsport a yell and see if they can help, there's details on their website.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Black and white

that is a poor attempt at a county website rob!! but tipical of the derry county board.  i think the kevin lynchs site cost something like £35 a month not sure dont deal with it myself

robertemmet

Every man is entitled to their opinion B&W.  If you have any spare time, I am sure the lads doing the site would appreciate any help, articles, photos etc to help improve it!

Black and white

to be honest i know a lot of people do a lot of good work for the gaa, but in my dealing with a few of the derry county board, i have found them a disgrace i must stress a few not all.  the website is a big improvement, i just thought it was an opportunity to do something really good which has been missed. i will not be helping them for personnel reasons which shouldnt effect my relationship with derry gaa, but it does as these people seem to think they are derry gaa

robertemmet

The website is nothing to do with the county board.  The people who setup the site are nothing to do with the county board.

So whatever problem you have due to previous experiences with co board, don't take it out on the ones doing the site.

flairgun

You might want to try calling Gaelsport as opposed to emailing them by the way.
I tried emailing them for a quote a couple of times and got no reponse from them.

ziggysego

Quote from: flairgun on May 15, 2007, 10:34:47 PM
I tried emailing them for a quote a couple of times and got no reponse from them.

That alone should say that might not be the best people to be building a website for you then.
Testing Accessibility

Black and white

robert are you saying the derry gaa website has nothing to do with the derry county board? so it is not an official website just a fan website? i find that amasing, that a county would let fans run an official site.  is m hasson not on the county board?

Black and white

Quote from: ziggysego on May 15, 2007, 10:36:43 PM
Quote from: flairgun on May 15, 2007, 10:34:47 PM

That alone should say that might not be the best people to be building a website for you then.

Ziggy have you had anything to do with gaelsport?  they do our website and other systems and do seem to be very good we have never had a bad word to say about them. what has been your expereince?

robertemmet

It is the official derry website, but my point is that the webteam is not part of the county board, but a group of individiuals setting up an information facility for Derry fans, howerver the site is endorsed by the county board.

If someone wishes to setup a derry fan site, they are very welcome to do so.