Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 20, 2019, 12:41:14 PM
He's been hopeless since he arrived but United can't let Sanchez go, the squad is thin enough as it is and if we did let him go it would be sods law that someone got injured.

I'd let him go he's not going to get any better. He's hopeless and is getting paid ridiculous wages. If he stays someone like Angel Gomes should remain ahead of him in the pecking order.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 20, 2019, 03:12:57 PM
He's been hopeless since he arrived but United can't let Sanchez go, the squad is thin enough as it is and if we did let him go it would be sods law that someone got injured.

I'd let him go he's not going to get any better. He's hopeless and is getting paid ridiculous wages. If he stays someone like Angel Gomes should remain ahead of him in the pecking order.

Very different players though, Sanchez can play upfront if needs be. I'd rather see Gomes getting game time ahead of Mata. 

Greenwood will play a lot of games this year but United need to be careful with him given he's not 18 yet.

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 20, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Very different players though, Sanchez can play upfront if needs be. I'd rather see Gomes getting game time ahead of Mata. 

Greenwood will play a lot of games this year but United need to be careful with him given he's not 18 yet.

If he is good enough he is old enough. Reference teenage Rooney.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GJL on August 20, 2019, 04:38:13 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 20, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

If he is good enough he is old enough. Reference teenage Rooney.

Ya but just two things on that. 1. Rooney was a beast when he was a young lad. Very well physically developed at a young age. 2. Rooney was past his best in his late 20's. Lots of players flurish well into their 30's these days.

Denn Forever

Class of 92? You'll  never win anything with kids.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magpie seanie

The 3 new signings have impressed me, United look a lot more assured at the back although Shaw is going to have to improve to still be a United player in 12 months time. If Kieran Tierney proves to be a major hit at Arsenal then it will have been a huge mistake by United not to pursue him for £25m.

Pogba played well apart from giving away the ball needlessly in his own half twice in the 1st half. McTominay was ok, his passing let him down. Lingard again was appalling, not buying another midfielder was always going to come back to haunt United; I'd rather see Fred given a chance in Lingard's position although like a lot of reds we'd all like to see Gomes play there. As seanie said nobody expected United to turn it around in one window but not buying a centre mid was ridiculous after losing Fellaini & Herrera in the last 6 months.

Agree on the new signings and Tierney. Watch very little SPL but I thought he'd be a great buy a couple of years ago and think Arsernal have got a gem.

Lingard has been awful a while now. Needs to get back to brass tacks and work hard on his game and not being a twat (whixch seems to come quite easy to him). He's not as talented as Pogba so he can't be at any messing. Thought Fred shows flashes of ability at times in the good run last season....hope he gets another shot. McTominay and Pogba can be fine though.

Sanchez - I just don't know. It's inexplicable just how bad he has been. Impossible to see how it gets turned around now. I really hope he goes. Reminds me of when Torres was brilliant at Liverpool and then went to Chelsea and was rubbish.

Squad is thin but if it gives Tuanzebe, Gomes, Chong, Pereira and Greenwood game time then it's better than guys who you'd need to sell anyway. Lets find out if these young lads have it. It's the United way.

gawa316

Quote from: Gmac on August 20, 2019, 05:17:31 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 19, 2019, 11:58:56 PM
Ole saying they have 2 penalty takers (Pogba and Rashford). Is he just trying to take the heat off Pogba? Surely having 2 is just going to cause problems at some point on the pitch?
u need 2 if one is subbed off or one is not playing in a particular game but your number 1 penalty taker should hit them when he's on the field

Right you need a hierarchy, you can't have 2 first choice like Ole mentioned. It's only going to cause problems. Last season Salah grabbed the ball to take a penalty but Milner took it off him and said 'I'm on pens' ...Salah was frustrated but he knew the score.

Some change since that p***k Ballotelli grabbed the ball of Henderson a few years back. The buck stops with the manager, just my opinion but either Ole was just trying to pander to Pogba or he actually has 2 first choice pen takers. Either way it's bad management

nrico2006

The 3 new signings have impressed me, United look a lot more assured at the back although Shaw is going to have to improve to still be a United player in 12 months time. If Kieran Tierney proves to be a major hit at Arsenal then it will have been a huge mistake by United not to pursue him for £25m.

Pogba played well apart from giving away the ball needlessly in his own half twice in the 1st half. McTominay was ok, his passing let him down. Lingard again was appalling, not buying another midfielder was always going to come back to haunt United; I'd rather see Fred given a chance in Lingard's position although like a lot of reds we'd all like to see Gomes play there. As seanie said nobody expected United to turn it around in one window but not buying a centre mid was ridiculous after losing Fellaini & Herrera in the last 6 months.

Why would Shaw need to improve to remain a United player?  If you are at United and want to stay for as long as you want you can - see Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Young, Matic, Sanchez ........!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armamike

The question is whether Manu fans are happy seeing a fairly protracted 'discussion' between their players any time they get a penalty this season?  I'd say most wouldn't be and I don't expect it will happen again.  They'll have to have 1 nominated and that's it.  I don't know the stats but I'd guess you'd want a success rate of something like 9 out of 10. Pogba's missed something like 4 in his time there? That's poor.
That's just, like your opinion man.

magpie seanie

Word is that it won't happen again. It has been dealt with privately by Ole who was apparently not happy at all.

Look - it's going to be a roller coaster and the squad is very thin but I feel I've got my team back.

Boycey

An absolute storm in a teacup, a product of the 24 hr sports channels and the age of social media. Lads have been squabbling over penos for years, I remember being at Parkhead years back and Di Canio and van Hooydonk nearly coming to blows. There will be much bigger indicators of whether Ole is fit for the job or not.

Keyser soze

Ole pandering to Pogba's ego, which comes before the good of the team as ever. Weak management.

NAG1

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 22, 2019, 11:16:55 AM
Ole pandering to Pogba's ego, which comes before the good of the team as ever. Weak management.

Everything that he is about and is trying to create is far from weak. It was an on field call by a player more than capable of scoring. He missed but because it is Pogba it is massive news.

It will have been sorted and dont see us even talking about this as the season goes on.

Denn Forever

Is Pogba the Man. U. team captain on and off the field or who is?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2019, 11:32:12 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on August 22, 2019, 11:16:55 AM

Everything that he is about and is trying to create is far from weak. It was an on field call by a player more than capable of scoring. He missed but because it is Pogba it is massive news.

It will have been sorted and dont see us even talking about this as the season goes on.

Agree completely. Of course it might not work out but I like the direction he's trying to go. It's a difficult job.