Euro 2024

Started by statto, Today at 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: lurganblue on Today at 12:15:59 PMIf Toney goes, he goes for pens only.
Ah I dunno. He's a proper centre forward. England are falling down with wingers / outside forwards but they need a back up / rotation for Kane, and Toney is the best option i'd think.

NAG1

Watkins seems to the favoured one as the back up.

statto

Quote from: tonto1888 on Today at 12:47:03 PMwho decided England are favourites
Patrick Power. 

square_ball

England have a very good chance. Their defence isn't as bad as its made out albeit they seem to have no natural left back. Their front 4 of Foden/Kane/Bellingham/Saka is as good as what is at the tournament.

Looking forward to it. I've always favoured the Euros over the World Cup for some reason.

Capt Pat

If England want it badly enough then they might win it. Top teams don't always give 100% at the euros hence winners like Greece and Denmark. Italy also failed to qualify for the world cup after winning the last euros in which beaten finalists England played every game at home.

statto

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 01:32:57 PMEngland have a very good chance. Their defence isn't as bad as its made out albeit they seem to have no natural left back. Their front 4 of Foden/Kane/Bellingham/Saka is as good as what is at the tournament.

Looking forward to it. I've always favoured the Euros over the World Cup for some reason.
Me the same, but the increase in teams and reduced jeopardy in group stages has lessened the appeal.  16 teams 4 groups of 4 should been left like that top two into last 8. 

square_ball

Quote from: statto on Today at 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: square_ball on Today at 01:32:57 PMEngland have a very good chance. Their defence isn't as bad as its made out albeit they seem to have no natural left back. Their front 4 of Foden/Kane/Bellingham/Saka is as good as what is at the tournament.

Me the same, but the increase in teams and reduced jeopardy in group stages has lessened the appeal.  16 teams 4 groups of 4 should been left like that top two into last 8. 

Yeah that is true only 8 of the 24 going out after the group stages does dilute it alright. Next World Cup has 48 teams at it. That is overkill imo.

johnnycool

Quote from: tonto1888 on Today at 12:47:03 PMwho decided England are favourites

Rio Ferdinand.