Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 15, 2019, 12:43:47 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 15, 2019, 12:29:57 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on March 15, 2019, 12:05:28 PM
The best teams always seem to get the handiest draws.  I remember Utd under fergie.  It was likec they hand picked each draw.  Shoe definitely on the other foot now with city

In 99 United had Bayern & Barca in their group and beat Inter in the quarter final and Juve in the semi final;
United had to beat Liverpool, Chelsea & Liverpool to get to the cup final in 99 too.

Utds greatest ever season made even greater by beating liverpool twice in the same competition lol

You can never beat Liverpool enough times.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 15, 2019, 12:29:57 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on March 15, 2019, 12:05:28 PM
The best teams always seem to get the handiest draws.  I remember Utd under fergie.  It was likec they hand picked each draw.  Shoe definitely on the other foot now with city

In 99 United had Bayern & Barca in their group and beat Inter in the quarter final and Juve in the semi final;
United had to beat Liverpool, Chelsea & Liverpool to get to the cup final in 99 too.

And didn't lose one game in the CL that year.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 15, 2019, 01:47:41 PM
United have beaten PSG, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs in their own backyards since xmas and would have beaten Liverpool only for bad luck with injuries.

United were the most inform team of 2019 until last week.

New manager with new ideas mixed in with great results, absolutely no reason to fear anyone in Europe.

League points won by the top 6 since Ole's appointment

Manchester United: 32 points from 13 games
Manchester City: 30 points from 13 games
Liverpool: 28 points from 13 games
Arsenal: 26 points from 13 games
Tottenham Hotspur: 22 points from 13 games
Chelsea: 20 points from 13 games

Makes for interesting reading. If United don't finish in the top 4 its because of just 26 points in 17 games before he arrived.

Capt Pat

United don't need the luck of the draw when they are the benificiaries of all the luck they got against PSG. If they enjoy half that luck against Barcelona they will be fine.

An Watcher

Thank Christ Barca will put them out of their misery

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 15, 2019, 07:15:17 PM
United don't need the luck of the draw when they are the benificiaries of all the luck they got against PSG. If they enjoy half that luck against Barcelona they will be fine.

Two players going off injured when the first leg was 0-0 and having to play the 2nd leg 2-0 down without 10 established players and forced to have a bench full of teenagers was some luck alright.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on March 15, 2019, 07:20:17 PM
Thank Christ Barca will put them out of their misery

There was some dipsticks saying the same after the PSG draw was announced
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Bonus territory now anyway as regards Europe. Wolves this evening. A must win game in my opinion. Easier said than done.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Wolves 1-0 ahead terrible defending from a United point of view. That Wolves goal was coming as Romero made a couple of fine saves.

stiffler

Utd have been shocking tonight.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Jeepers Creepers

utd havent looked interested, Wolves very much worth the win

Cunny Funt

Well done to Wolves fully deserved that win and i hope they go on and win the FA Cup now. 2nd goal conceded was banter like defending from United it summed up how disjointed United were on the night.

stiffler

2-1 flattered Utd on the night, on the bright side this will allow ole to focus on securing a top 4 finish.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

screenexile

I know Ole's at the wheel but did he forget how to drive this evening??

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2019, 09:59:06 PM
I know Ole's at the wheel but did he forget how to drive this evening??

The wheels are coming off!