Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

The minute that Woodward and the Glazers witness empty seats and see CL qualification under threat I think Mourinho will be gone. It isn't far from being at this point even so early in the season but I reckon Europe might help him get a stay of execution for at least a few more weeks.

However, I don't see him getting until Christmas.

Even allowing for Mourinho's personality defects, I agree that the players need to take some responsibility and it is clear that nearly all of them are under performing. I maintain that they are the second best squad of players in the League behind City yet they are insulting the fans every week by putting on such timid displays. 

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2018, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2018, 01:25:20 PM
Roy Keane on nottingham radio last night saying the united players should stop acting like cry babies and spoilt brats and regardless of whatever grievances they have with mourinho when the pull on the united jersey they should roll up their sleeves give 100% and remember they represent themselves their families and more importantly their club manchester united. More or less saying stop behaving like pricks get your finger out and f**king behave like manchester united players. Whatever about your feelings of keano it is hard to disagree with his comments. Thoughts?

Same applies to any club and manager, you don't like the manager?boo f**king hoo, think of the money you're getting every week and the poor saps that pay their hard earned every week to go see you play

Saipan anyone?  Pot and kettle.

Fair enough point.

Doesn't make what he's saying wrong though and like I said same goes for any club and group of players...

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2018, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2018, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2018, 01:25:20 PM
Roy Keane on nottingham radio last night saying the united players should stop acting like cry babies and spoilt brats and regardless of whatever grievances they have with mourinho when the pull on the united jersey they should roll up their sleeves give 100% and remember they represent themselves their families and more importantly their club manchester united. More or less saying stop behaving like pricks get your finger out and f**king behave like manchester united players. Whatever about your feelings of keano it is hard to disagree with his comments. Thoughts?

Same applies to any club and manager, you don't like the manager?boo f**king hoo, think of the money you're getting every week and the poor saps that pay their hard earned every week to go see you play

Saipan anyone?  Pot and kettle.

Fair enough point.

Doesn't make what he's saying wrong though and like I said same goes for any club and group of players...

Saipan was a different set of reasons, without opening up the can of worms again.

These players are the pampered and best looked after players possible and are throwing in performances not worthy of the club regardless of feelings toward the manager.

magpie seanie

Roy Keane was sent home from Saipan. He never gave less than 100% in the Ireland jersey.

magpie seanie

Glazers = c***ts - that's a given though with some of the arguments I've had with so called United supporters on here over the year it probably bears repeating. When they took over it was outlined by myself and others like me that they would ruin the club this way. I/we were told we were wrong. We were mocked for supporting Shareholders United/M.U.S.T. and the green and gold protests - and specificially for what those protests "achieved". This was obvious from the outset - as obvious as Mourinho being a terrible fit for the club and guaranteed failure. Welcome aboard everybody.

Woodward is merely following orders so essentially is part of the same problem.

No one is denying they're not the biggest problem. However, to try to defend or vindicate Mourinho on the back of this is a joke. He has been useless as United manager and a disgrace to the club. If there is any doubt about Ferguson's greatness and the overly inflated reputation Mourinho has then this stint at least proves that. Mourinho isn't fit to be an interpreter at Manchester United.

lurganblue

Boycey

I'm not defending or vindicating Mourinho, he's done an average job at Utd, but better than either of his predecessors anyway. It's hardly coincidence that 3 managers in a row have failed?

The club is a business not a football club, that mentality has seeped into every corner of the club. Players know theyre more important as a commercial commodity no matter how shite they play on the pitch, they're more important than the manager..

Maroon Manc

Seanie you're been way over the top about Mourinho, he's not been useless at all. United finished 2nd last season with a decent points total. The football has been crap to watch but he's done a far better job than Moyes & LVG and will leave the makings of a very good team apart from central defenders. Fullbacks wide Shaw is improving and Dalot looks like he could be a top class right back in years to come.

seafoid

Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2018, 03:53:03 PM
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/04/glazers-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true.

Good article from the always excellent David Conn
+1

« The Glazers' takeover has drained more than £1bn out of United since 2005, not too far off the amount Sheikh Mansour has invested into City« 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 04, 2018, 05:07:58 PM
Seanie you're been way over the top about Mourinho, he's not been useless at all. United finished 2nd last season with a decent points total. The football has been crap to watch but he's done a far better job than Moyes & LVG and will leave the makings of a very good team apart from central defenders. Fullbacks wide Shaw is improving and Dalot looks like he could be a top class right back in years to come.

magpie seanie

Mourinho deserves no credit for this for heavens sake. You're reaching.

Of the team the last night the ones making a bit of an effort or a difference weren't signed by Mourinho and that's for cetrain. Criticise Smalling all you want but he's still worth his place in the team and that's not Ed Woodward's fault. Mourinho has almost been as bad in the transfer market as Van Gaal (interesting how it's Woodward's fault now and was totally LVG back then) and that's saying something considering how close he is to all these sc**bag agents. 

United finished second with a decent points total in 1987/88. We all still talk about that one don't we? At least Moyes and Van Gaal didn't disgrace the club at every turn and continued to try. They weren't good enough but at least they had respect for the club and their supporters.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 05, 2018, 09:10:13 AM

Mourinho deserves no credit for this for heavens sake. You're reaching.

Of the team the last night the ones making a bit of an effort or a difference weren't signed by Mourinho and that's for cetrain. Criticise Smalling all you want but he's still worth his place in the team and that's not Ed Woodward's fault. Mourinho has almost been as bad in the transfer market as Van Gaal (interesting how it's Woodward's fault now and was totally LVG back then) and that's saying something considering how close he is to all these sc**bag agents. 

United finished second with a decent points total in 1987/88. We all still talk about that one don't we? At least Moyes and Van Gaal didn't disgrace the club at every turn and continued to try. They weren't good enough but at least they had respect for the club and their supporters.

I'm hardly giving Mourinho credit just simply pointing out its not been as bad you make out. Once again not blaming Woodward for everything just stating he's out of his depth as he's over paid for players and then offered them too much making it difficult  to move them on. Anyone could do what he's done so far.

I've got one mate who shares your opinion of Mourinho but thats it out of a lot of mancs who've all been match going reds in the past and some who still are. We all know the game is up for Mourinho but are of the same opinion that the issues with the club run far deeper then Mourinho.

thewobbler

So on the one hand we've got Woodward overpaying for players and giving them too much wages.

On the other hand we've the Glazers running it as a business and they don't invest enough in the team.

Which is it lads?

seafoid

Man Utd has 3 huge structural problems called the Glazers.
They just want to get cash out.
Plus they are fairly inept otherwise.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU