Author Topic: The official Everton FC Supporters thread  (Read 106931 times)

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
Re: The official Everton FC Supporters thread
« Reply #1335 on: January 14, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
Shambles since the day and hour they took Rooney back....
he's crocked from carrying that Man U team for years and winning silverware

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:34 PM »
Pundits eulogising about Moyes great record at Everton.... am I missing something? What did he win? Got to Cup final went ahead in first minutes and lost, Cup semi-final went ahead v Liverpool and lost, got to Champs league qualifier and lost. Moyes success at Everton is a myth and shows how ambition went through the floor... remember Wigan and Portsmouth won Cups despite the big four or five. Royle won a trophy, Kendall was a legend... Moyes was a bluffer who settled for mediocrity and Everton still have that mindset.

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 17, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »
Are yis happy about Walcott?
I think he will add great pace and good be a good partner for Tosun.
Much better than Mirrallas and scored 18 last year.
I'd say he just regular games and he could be an England starter in the WC

That's him, Bolasie, Vlasic, Lookman, Lennon all with good pace now to make runs for Rooney and Siggy to find with their vision and passing. 7th place here we come.

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 17, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »
Big Sam will want the ball booted long and early for the likes of Walcott to run onto.

It's going to get even direr, but maybe Walcott can manage a shot on target if he's not injured.

Big Sam out.

Terrible decision to put him in place.

Fuzzman

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 17, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »
Why don't you rate him JC?

Has he just got a bad rep for no reason?
He was the England manager after all until he messed it up but I think he's a wise old codger and is as good as Moyes or Bobby was and we saw what Koeman did to us.

It's too easy to say this lad and that lad isn't up to it but who is?
I think he's a lot more experienced than say Eddie Howe or man other young managers.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 17, 2018, 04:51:04 PM »
Everton has spent some amount of money in the last 12 months, that about 220m. So much of that has been wasted.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 17, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »
Maybe Walcott will help them get their first shot on target this year in the Premier League  :)

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 17, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
with baines a long way off being fit and coming to the end of his days anyway a new left back is badly needed. cuco martina is a complete liability and shouldnt be anywhere near the 1st team.
im happy enough with walcott, he's a definite upgrade on lennon and miralles and should get us some goals or some shots at goal at least, which would be a major improvement.

im with johnneycool on big sam, dont want him about the place and hopefully he wont be around next season.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 17, 2018, 06:09:30 PM »
Fair enough lads but what is it about him ye don't like?
Is it just that he's nearly always associated with teams fighting for survival and not top 4?

Most would say Koeman is a better manager than him and look how he had that team playing.

We've virtually had no striker all season up to now and nearly all of our team is different from 2 years ago.
I knew we had to take 2 steps back to go one forward but I dont see us having wasted that much money.

I think Siggurdsson is a class player though a little too laid back at time. If he has a good target man he will look better and now with Walcott and Bolasie making good runs into space he can unlock defences.
Rooney is Rooney in that some days he'll look slow and useless and other days score goals from nowhere.
Schneiderlin is the one I am most disappointed with tbh but Gana can get back to one of the best tacklers and man markers in the game if he can curb his yellow cards.

Left back is definitely a problem as is Centre Half perhaps. Pickford will be a future England No1 and will make the odd mistake here and there but sure what keeper does.
We saw a few years ago what a good run of games and confidence can do where we can challenge a few of those top 6 teams for maybe 4th but for me the big difference now is we do have a owner where we can pay big money for players and big wages but we're not gonna attract the top top players who want to play for Utd, City or Chelsea or Arsenal are we.

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: Today at 08:59:58 AM »
Why don't you rate him JC?

Has he just got a bad rep for no reason?
He was the England manager after all until he messed it up but I think he's a wise old codger and is as good as Moyes or Bobby was and we saw what Koeman did to us.

It's too easy to say this lad and that lad isn't up to it but who is?
I think he's a lot more experienced than say Eddie Howe or man other young managers.

To be precise, he's full of his own shit.

A few of his Everton TV interviews when he took over and stumbled on a winning streak aided by a few ropey penalties was all we did this and we're doing that, but just look at the interviews he's given since the 4-0 drubbing by Spurs it was all they, they didn't do this and they didn't do that.
He's distancing himself when there's a poor result, but all smiley look how great I am when they win.

Parking the bus against West Brom and being happy with a 0-0 draw, tried the same again a week later against Bournemouth and got stung by a late goal with one shot on target the whole game and he moans about Bournemouth being lucky. If you don't shot, you don't score, its simple SAM.

I don't think they've improved or changed a whole pile since Koeman got the chop. Still haven't got a replacement in for Lukaka who seems to have been papering over a whole load of cracks last year.