Building a house

Started by JimStynes, February 26, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: joebloggs on May 31, 2012, 10:38:11 PM
How much would it cost to submit plans for a field in the north and how much is the whole process likely to cost?

An outline application is £412
A full application is £823

gander

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on May 31, 2012, 10:56:34 PM
Quote from: joebloggs on May 31, 2012, 10:38:11 PM
How much would it cost to submit plans for a field in the north and how much is the whole process likely to cost?

An outline application is £412
A full application is £823

£75 for building control application if your house is under 250 sq meters

balladmaker

Anyone care to share what you paid in total for plumbing (materials and labour) and for what size of a house i.e. how many bathrooms, ensuites, radiators, underfloor etc, just trying to get a ball park figure, many thanks.

wanderer

Does anyone have any experience of Heat Recovery Systems in a new build and/or Positive Input Ventilation in an older house?

balladmaker

Can anyone provide any advice or recommendations on driveway surfaces?  Looking at either Tarmac, or possibly Asphalt.  It's a big enough area to cover, would ideally like some sort of brick paving but the cost would probably be prohibitive.

Has anyone went for asphalt over Tarmac, if so, what was the ball park cost difference? Thanks in advance.

lfdown2

Has anyone any experience in timber cladding - how hard is it to maintain?

Cheers.

sammymaguire

How much would you be looking at for the automation system on a set of 12ft gates?

Full system, over and underground if there is a difference in price, including an intercom and camera?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

laoislad

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought this might be best place for it.

Anyone know anyone that spray paints kitchens in or around the Dublin area?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

I definitely want one of these (maybe two!):

MWWSI 2017

gander

Anyone ever had any dealings with BetterHomes for their windows?

Karl Kennedy

Anyone recommend any good places to buy a decent laminate flooring at cheap price. Around the £10 figure per square metre.

I am not after anything expensive as I am putting it into the living room of a rented house.

Living room is 20m squared & I have someone to fit it so I am just after the flooring.
Even if I could get second hand/reclaimed flooring it would do fine.
All advice welcome. Thanks

Hardy

B&Q seem to have laminate flooring for as little as £5 per sq. m. and up to £12.

http://search.diy.com/search#w=laminated%20flooring&asug=

Plus they have a 4 for 3 offer at present. I don't know if their sterling pricing applies up North or you get to pay Irish prices because of the stretch of water between Britain and here.

take_yer_points

Quote from: gander on October 23, 2013, 09:52:09 PM

They did my house and my parents. Wouldn't say they're the cheapest but definitely did a brilliant job - no complaints whatsoever

Under Lights

Quote from: take_yer_points on October 30, 2013, 09:32:05 AM

They did my house and my parents. Wouldn't say they're the cheapest but definitely did a brilliant job - no complaints whatsoever

How much would a full replacement of all windows and doors cost? Say 15 double windows and two PVC doors.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Under Lights on October 30, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
Quote from: take_yer_points on October 30, 2013, 09:32:05 AM

How much would a full replacement of all windows and doors cost? Say 15 double windows and two PVC doors.

I got 16 windows and 2 doors - part of their deal was that you got a free door with 10 or more windows or something like that. Some of the windows were very small. I think it came in at around the £4k - £4.5k mark but couldn't be 100% certain on that