sydney contributors

Started by Declan, February 29, 2008, 11:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Folks - looks like I could be heading to Oz for a 6 month stint so anyone down there give me recommendations of places to live- Myself missus and 2 kids- needs to be near secondary school and ideally wouldn't want a huge commute to CBD.

the Deel Rover

nice one declan good luck with the move any chance you could bring me this weather is doing my head in >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Declan

Cheers Rover - its a bit miserable alright but the weather is the last thing on my list to be honest. Must see can I get some compo for the club ;)

the Deel Rover

:D :D Ye declan its hard to get a target man these days if you were a back there two a penny ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lynchbhoy

hope all goes well Declan, should be a nice part of the world to go and live , even if it is somewhat temp !

Shortso79

I Stayed in Coogee - lovely suburb of Sydney - right on the beach - unsure of the Education status though

stephenite

Quote from: Declan on February 29, 2008, 11:56:36 AM
Folks - looks like I could be heading to Oz for a 6 month stint so anyone down there give me recommendations of places to live- Myself missus and 2 kids- needs to be near secondary school and ideally wouldn't want a huge commute to CBD.

As always it will depend on your budget - Eastern suburbs of Sydney are closer to the beaches etc. therefore that bit more expensive. Also more likely to end up in an appartment/flat type of accomadation, there are plenty of places around the Inner West where I am based that allow you to live in a decent sized house with a bit of a garden etc. same price that will get you a two bed roomed flat in the Eastern suburbs, and still only about 30 mins drive from the beaches on the weekend.

Check out www.realestate.com.au to give you some idea of rentals. Commuting in Sydney is fairly dependent on where you're coming from - I'd recommend somewhere near a train station if commute is an issue, very handy regular service.

Been living out here for a few years - if you need any other info drop me a PM.

Hardy

Can this be the same Declan who once tackled the Northwest Passage from Dunshaughlin to Clones with the intrepid Dub Supporters Expeditionary Force? And made it in only two days, via a rest-and-resupply camp at Navan. Are you sure that was adequate preparation for an expedition to Van Diemens Land?

Best of luck out there and mind you don't get clotheslined.

Declan

QuoteCan this be the same Declan who once tackled the Northwest Passage from Dunshaughlin to Clones with the intrepid Dub Supporters Expeditionary Force? And made it in only two days, via a rest-and-resupply camp at Navan. Are you sure that was adequate preparation for an expedition to Van Diemens Land?

Indeed Hardy - If I managed that one and was one of the few Dubs to make the throw in Thurles that famous day I reckon the trip down under will be a doddle ;)