Debit Card Transactions

Started by clarshack, February 29, 2008, 02:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

I made 2 payments (both £30) for petrol with my debit card on 23/01/08 and 02/02/08 from the same petrol station and the payments still havent been taken out of my account. anyone know the maximum time in which the money can be taken out of my account?

Puckoon

Im in a different system clarshack, but Ive waited up to a week maximum. Those two payments really should have been through by now. If you are worried about the money, call the station. If you arent worried, keep using that station and enjoy it while it lasts.

Candyman

There was a report on the news today about that (which bank are you with??) They stated that they would be taking the money from the accounts sometime in early March....
EDIT: Sorry I didnt read the post correctly, the news report was about bank accounts where the purchases etc hadnt been taken from the accounts. maybe your problem is with the petrol station itself???

clarshack

i'm with first trust. what news did you hear it on?

Candyman

I was a bit off the mark there but all details are posted below.....  :P

Nationwide apology for cash error 

About £400,000 was not debited from customers' accounts
Nationwide has apologised to thousands of customers in Northern Ireland after money they withdrew from cash machines was not debited from their accounts.
The error affects more than 7,500 people and involves a total of £400,000 which was taken out of Northern Bank ATMs between November and February.

Customers will now have the money debited from their account on 10 March.

Nationwide said overdrawn customers will not be charged. The error came to light after a customer complained.

Customers have been notified of the error by letter.

Nationwide has admitted the error and apologised

Jay Colville, area director of Nationwide in Northern Ireland, said the error was "not connected" to the upgrade of Northern Bank cash machines before Christmas.

"I would just like to apologise to all the customers affected. We do recognise it is our mistake," he said.

He said that the problem derived from an IT fault in their connection to the Link network.

"In December, the Link organisation upgraded the ATM system. Unfortunately our system didn't pick that up correctly and we apologise for that," he said.

Letters have been sent to customers from the Nationwide 

"We are going to be sympathetic to hardship cases. We won't charge people for this event."

An internal investigation is now under way into what happened.

Alison Laird of the Consumer Council said they recognised that mistakes happen.

"They (the Nationwide) have given us a full briefing and that is really important because it means that when customers come to us we can help them.

"We can tell them what they need to do and how they need to respond. We can provide them with contact details for Nationwide.

"That is really important to reassure them that Nationwide will work with them to make sure that the money can go back."

clarshack

checked my balance online and the 2 amounts were taken out today - how the f*ck does that work? whos's fault is it that it has taken so long? also tried to take £100 out of northern bank yesterday but the machine swallowed my card & didnt give me any money yet on my online statement it has taken the money. f*ckin banks!

Minder

Slightly off topic but did anyone take advantage of the halifax offer last month of switching your current account to them and getting £150,just wondering how long it will take before they give you the free cash?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"