Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 10, 2020, 09:16:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2020, 05:23:37 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 10, 2020, 04:45:43 PM
What clubs have social clubs open?

What's the aim of the GAA? To promote happy hour? If they can't do what they are told then fine the said clubs.

Obviously things were not out like that (said email) at the start, and clubs that could open due to having kitchen facilities waiting staff and outside areas, probably felt they they were working within the law... and they were

I completely agree with the chairs view on things and hard to argue against.

The social club is exactly that,  a social hub were members/friends can meet after games to have a pint or two and head home, there's no real money making going on anymore, not since the ceasefire!

Some exceptions of course, that the club does generate much needed funds.

Any sane thinking person would agree with the chair.
so you and county chair are more medically qualified than the chief medical officerS ? GAA Social clubs provide community hubs for their membership and were breaking no laws

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 10, 2020, 09:43:00 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 10, 2020, 09:16:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2020, 05:23:37 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 10, 2020, 04:45:43 PM
What clubs have social clubs open?

What's the aim of the GAA? To promote happy hour? If they can't do what they are told then fine the said clubs.

Obviously things were not out like that (said email) at the start, and clubs that could open due to having kitchen facilities waiting staff and outside areas, probably felt they they were working within the law... and they were

I completely agree with the chairs view on things and hard to argue against.

The social club is exactly that,  a social hub were members/friends can meet after games to have a pint or two and head home, there's no real money making going on anymore, not since the ceasefire!

Some exceptions of course, that the club does generate much needed funds.

Any sane thinking person would agree with the chair.
so you and county chair are more medically qualified than the chief medical officerS ? GAA Social clubs provide community hubs for their membership and were breaking no laws

Where did I say I was more qualified than anybody?

Why bring extra risk on to people by opening social clubs etc? If Clubs are that hard up for money then maybe they should think about pulling the pin.

paddyjohn

What clubs have got Social Clubs that are actually open on a daily basis?

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2020, 10:19:15 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 10, 2020, 10:15:08 PM
St Galls, O'Dees, Davitts, Gort na Mona, St Paul's.

Lámh Dhearg, St. John's, Sarsfields I think are only open a few days a week but I'm not 100% on that.

Probably forgot some too.

So that's why Belfast GAA man is so angry, he will have to pay full price for a pint now.. 🤷‍♂️

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2020, 10:24:34 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 10, 2020, 10:23:28 PM

Lámh Dhearg, St. John's, Sarsfields I think are only open a few days a week but I'm not 100% on that.

So that's why Belfast GAA man is so angry, he will have to pay full price for a pint now.. 🤷‍♂️
Not really. There are other social clubs he could go to.

But surely it'll be a GAA club he'll want to go to..

Milltown Row2

St Endas also has a bar... but that's a SW club  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2020, 11:49:36 PM

St Endas also has a bar... but that's a SW club  ;D

Damn sures they are.. fine club they also  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

we dont use our social club anymore, its pointless as people dont want to walk out of their way into the grounds to go to it so we have got rid of all of the drink now and its probably going to be an occasional licence for the place now.

Theres no many N Antrim clubs that do have theirs open at all anymore. To be honest they dont do much business at all
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 11, 2020, 09:35:27 AM
we dont use our social club anymore, its pointless as people dont want to walk out of their way into the grounds to go to it so we have got rid of all of the drink now and its probably going to be an occasional licence for the place now.

Theres no many N Antrim clubs that do have theirs open at all anymore. To be honest they dont do much business at all

Ours is only open on a Saturday night and Sundays from 3 to (ahem) 9 depending on whether the next monday is a bank holiday.

There's not the same profit to be made from them and they're a huge pain in the arse to run.

I think we're waiting on the go-ahead for the wet pubs to be allowed to open

paddyjohn

GNM player tested positive.

Speedy recovery to the player.

Tyrdub

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 11, 2020, 03:07:59 PM
GNM player tested positive.

Speedy recovery to the player.

Ladies football mach called off last night too. Nobody tested positive but one of the players was in an establishment which had 4 members of staff tested positive, so precautionary only that the player gets tested too

Belfast GAA man

St Johns need to win tonight I'd say .. any stream of it happening?

imtommygunn

Ahoghill giving portglenone their fill of it again. Aghaghallon leading by a bit over st bridgids. Not sure what is happening with St. John's. Some interesting games on.

imtommygunn

Any results from the senior? Aghagallon beat st Brigids with a bit to spare but haven't seen any other.

Ballymena look strong in intermediate. Dunloy just pipped Glenravel in other group.

Portglenone won by five or so as well in a six goal game.

[edit] in fact 7 goal game and portglenone by none.

bannside

Casements hanging in there still after tonights result. Away to Creggan next week a tougher assignment. Still a battle on to make the quarter finals where the real action starts. Ahoghill gave us plenty to think about but they are no bad team to be fair.  They were missing a few tonight that would not have done their cause any harm, but thats championship, every team will have a few players missing for one reason or another - thats where the strength of your panel counts.