Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

A man of talent, endless talent but just can't be arsed!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2020, 06:29:16 PM
A cushendun player scored 3-19 yesterday. 3-19 ???

Conleth McNeil - I know the name but don't know much about him.
Son of Conor? Handy enough fella back in the Emmet's heyday.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Anyone who pays towards that shit rag of a newspaper needs their head looked at.

I like Mark Sidebottom, always nice to speak to and has a love of the game, especially the local game here in Antrim.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 10, 2020, 09:02:32 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 09, 2020, 04:13:46 PM
we were poor. were lucky to get a draw at the end up. Ballycastle must of got 0-12 off frees in that game, Clarky is fantastic at the dead ball.

We just didnt play at all for any period of the game and never looked like being really threatening.

Not one of our best displays, ballycastle first to every ball and a lot of players need to develop a bit of hunger. Bungo tried to lift us but very lethargic performance which doesn't lend itself to breaking down a team set up for sweeping and keeping the score low.

Yeah i noticed from the first second BC had a sweeper in there. They were more hungry for the larger portion of the game and deserved to be in the lead. In saying that us playing 2 forwards was never going to work against it and it took too long to stop the short puck outs that we were allowing BC to walk out the pitch with.

Despite all that i didnt think that BC posed much threat up other than the frees that were their main scoring outlet. Ciaran is a fantastic free taker and rarely, if ever, misses one so he carries the bulk of their scores in a game.

A good learning exercise for everyone id say
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Is that not the same kind of system that Slaughtneil play?

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2020, 09:46:01 AM
Is that not the same kind of system that Slaughtneil play?

Yeah I would imagine they didnt come up with all by their lonesome  :D

It isnt rocket science to be fair but takes a bit of work and patience to get it right, fair play.

imtommygunn

lol. Yeah I was thinking hmm where is the Slaughtneil manager from.

I was reading mcauley was sweeper. I always thought he was a very intelligent hurler and would be well suited to a role like that.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2020, 01:37:02 PM
lol. Yeah I was thinking hmm where is the Slaughtneil manager from.

I was reading mcauley was sweeper. I always thought he was a very intelligent hurler and would be well suited to a role like that.

Even when he was supposed to be  :D

He is was/ is a top player but not many teams should be leaving him as a sweeper.

imtommygunn

There's the first antrim club(I am aware of anyway) to cease activities. A GNM player tested positive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2020, 02:51:19 PM
There's the first antrim club(I am aware of anyway) to cease activities. A GNM player tested positive.

Not great, games wise and obviously health wise of member... I know we had a couple of non playing members before our games resumed ... But all those within that squad have to do is get tested.. your result will be available the next day!

Suspend is right but get them tested right away and it wont cause too much disruption
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2020, 03:27:22 PM

Not great, games wise and obviously health wise of member... I know we had a couple of non playing members before our games resumed ... But all those within that squad have to do is get tested.. your result will be available the next day!

Suspend is right but get them tested right away and it wont cause too much disruption

That's it safety first, but if you look at the drive in centre at the odyssey it's always very quiet, you can go on book an appointment for pretty much same day/ next day and have your result in 12-24 hours.

Tyrdub

Ladies football mach called off last night too. Nobody tested positive but one of the players was in an establishment which had 4 members of staff tested positive, so precautionary only that the player gets tested too

ciaran1988

Round 2 predictions let's here yours

Ballycastle vs St Johns - St Johns to bring the Town back down after last weeks draw. Johnnies by 5
Rossa vs Dunloy - Dunloy to get motoring and win by 9
St Galls vs Loughgiel - Loughgiel to win after a tight game by 5
Cushendall vs St Endas - Cushendall to win comfortably by 8

Carey vs Sarsfields - Sarsfields by 2
Armoy vs Randlestown - I'll sit on the fence and call a draw

St Paul's vs Davitts - St Paul's by 10 plus
Larne vs Glenarm - Glenarm to win derby bragging rights by 4 points
Glenravel vs Lamh Dhearg - Glenravel to win by 3
Loch Mor vs St Agnes - Loch Mor by 7

imtommygunn

Ballycastle vs St Johns - Ballycastle by 2
Rossa vs Dunloy - Dunloy by 5