The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 07, 2018, 06:41:18 PM
Slightly better 2nd half with a few shots on target. Poor by Pep to take off Aguero the first choice penalty taker. Manchester City's long wait for win in Anfield goes on a real bogey ground for them.  Four games in a row without a win for Liverpool however they should get back to winning ways as in the next month they are playing a number of rubbish sides.

So just keep him on incase there is a penalty ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 07, 2018, 06:41:18 PM
Slightly better 2nd half with a few shots on target. Poor by Pep to take off Aguero the first choice penalty taker. Manchester City's long wait for win in Anfield goes on a real bogey ground for them.  Four games in a row without a win for Liverpool however they should get back to winning ways as in the next month they are playing a number of rubbish sides.

Of course the richest League in the world is full of rubbish sides... ???

Capt Pat

Just donated on the go fund me page and I rarely donate to charities or anyone looking for money. I saw the article in the sunday independent and the money is badly needed.

NAG1

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 09, 2018, 01:20:04 AM
Just donated on the go fund me page and I rarely donate to charities or anyone looking for money. I saw the article in the sunday independent and the money is badly needed.

Be interesting to see if the club or players step up for this cause. Hopefully they do.

dec

Mo Salah scores direct from a corner for Egypt.

Then taken off "as a precaution".

TabClear

International break has been its usual disaster for Liverpool

Salah, Keita, Van Dijk and Mane all injured in some shape or form.

Not sure how serious the injuries are as reports that Virgil van Dijk, James Milner and Mohamed Salah will be fit for the Huddersfield game on Sat. I think Klopp might rest Salah/VVD in any case.

At least Sturridge wasnt called up!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on October 17, 2018, 01:22:00 PM
International break has been its usual disaster for Liverpool

Salah, Keita, Van Dijk and Mane all injured in some shape or form.

Not sure how many will be ruled out on Saturday but at least Sturridge wasnt called up!

Has he not been out all season?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on October 18, 2018, 08:09:01 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/17/golden-goal-john-barnes-for-liverpool-v-qpr-1987

Digger was a legend. Still my favourite goal of all as I was at that game and recall the experience so vividly. I reckon if he hadn't had his Achilles injury when he did we would have stayed at the top of the tree in the crossover from the old FL to the PL and then who know what might have been. Imagine him firing the balls into a young Robbie Fowler ..... that would have been unreal!!! 

Armamike

Always loved that goal.  Barnes was majestic in his prime years.  What a player he was.  Arguably only second to Kenny as Liverpool's greatest ever?
That's just, like your opinion man.

dec

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 18, 2018, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 18, 2018, 08:09:01 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/17/golden-goal-john-barnes-for-liverpool-v-qpr-1987

Digger was a legend. Still my favourite goal of all as I was at that game and recall the experience so vividly. I reckon if he hadn't had his Achilles injury when he did we would have stayed at the top of the tree in the crossover from the old FL to the PL and then who know what might have been. Imagine him firing the balls into a young Robbie Fowler ..... that would have been unreal!!! 

"The Brazil moment was a one-off, for him and England, whereas the QPR goal confirmed something brilliant was happening – that, after a dismal run of only one league title in three seasons, Liverpool were not only back but better than ever."

What we would give for such dismal form now.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteRoma supporter Filippo Lombardi has been found not guilty of causing grievous bodily harm to Liverpool fan Sean Cox during an attack that occurred prior to a Champions League semi-final clash between the clubs in April, but has been sentenced to three years in prison for violent disorder.

Mr Lombardi had pleaded guilty to the lesser charge but denied the accusation that he participated in the assault outside Anfield on 24 April that has left Mr Cox, a 53-year-old father of three from Co Meath in Republic of Ireland, unable to sit up or speak unaided.

A jury of six men and six women took almost nine hours of deliberation at Preston Crown Court to reach a majority not guilty verdict on the charge of GBH, but in sentencing Mr Lombardi the presiding judge said he did not accept the defence's claim that the 21-year-old was not there to cause trouble.

The prosecution claimed that Mr Lombardi and another man, referred to in court as N40, acted together and were jointly responsible for the injuries sustained by Mr Cox, alleging that N40 threw a punch which hit the Liverpool fan and Mr Lombardi swung a belt at him as he fell.