The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Groucho on March 16, 2011, 07:28:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 16, 2011, 01:24:14 PM
Twitter: Rugby team selection ; Sexton in at out half, in place of O Gara. Earls to fullback in place of Fitzgerald. Trimble to start on the wing.

England centres will run right through him >:(

As against O'Gara?  ???
MWWSI 2017

Bord na Mona man

I'm not surprised the Fitzgerald has gone. He didn't look comfortable at full back.
Earls is capable of dropping balls too back there, however Flood and Foden are unlikely to deliver the sort of bombs that Hook and Byrne did last weekend.

DuffleKing

Twitter: Rugby team selection ; Sexton in at out half, in place of O Gara. Earls to fullback in place of Fitzgerald. Trimble to start on the wing.

Eh? Sextpn is way better defensively that rog

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 16, 2011, 08:37:09 PM
I'm not surprised the Fitzgerald has gone. He didn't look comfortable at full back.
Earls is capable of dropping balls too back there, however Flood and Foden are unlikely to deliver the sort of bombs that Hook and Byrne did last weekend.

It's a bit puzzling alright. I'm assuming that the kicking game is being discarded, because not only would ROG be a better bet than sexton, but Earls is a poor kicker as well. I cannot understand the loyalty to D'ARcy, but with they could have had Bowe to full back, Earls to the Centre and Trimble in on the wing, with McFadden on the other wing.

I can only assume that they are hoping for a lot of counter attack running, because otherwise we are going to see a lot of poor kicking.

Dinny Breen

I don't think anyone knows the kind of game Ireland are going to play on Saturday least of all the Irish. The whole out-half debacle has really hurt Ireland I am assuming Sexton is in because Toby Flood tends to attack the 10/12 channel with a trail runner off him and Sexton is a very good defender.

The dropping of Fitzgerald yet the persistence with D'Arcy and Wallace is truly bizarre. There is no squad competition and it was interesting to hear Frankie Sheehan echo my sentiments on the radio early. If it's coming out of Munster then Kidney must be feeling the heat....
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

BOD is busy on twitter tonight.

This one from Dustin the Turkey caught my eye:

@DustinOfficial
Dustin The Turkey
@BrianODriscoll I'll back ya up there Dricco, your mot IS a top cook....the amount of top notch breakies she cooked me up back in the day;-)
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on March 16, 2011, 07:44:12 PM

As against O'Gara?  ???
Strange enough but against Scotland I thought O'Gara did well in all parts of his game except in his traditional strength, his kicking from hand. He made a few tough tackles, managing to turn over guys twice his size and his distribution was decent.

I hope those rugby boys aren't going to let England do the grand slam in Dublin. That would be some humiliation to live down.

gallsman

I'm in Germany at the minute and there are Irish bars in town where I could watch the match but would prefer to watch from the confort of my living room. Anyone know any good streams that are likely to be available?

Hardy

You'll find plenty here, but you'll have to try a few to get a good one:

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports
and
http://www.justin.tv/

thejuice

good start, a right statement of intent with that scrum
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

is the stadium finished?? looks like theres loads of scaffolding still up.

3-0 to us.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Only a few knock ons have stopped us from getting more points. but so far so good anyway.

Hoof Hearted

yes.........keep her fuckin lit lads, 14-0 and all over them. Superb so far.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Someone needs to tighten the screws on that chariot, its coming apart at a shocking rate  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2011, 05:34:59 PM
Someone needs to tighten the screws on that chariot, its coming apart at a shocking rate  :D

we are capable of keeping it together with our errors, like so, there is a pen just given away
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012