The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

12-3 at HT. Second try just before half time well worked too.

Capt Pat

Dan Sheehan is off injured but it didn't look too serious. I don't care about the result of this game, I only care about injuries.

Rudi

The worst game I have seen in a very long time involving Ireland. Referee is awful too.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rudi on August 19, 2023, 06:40:38 PM
The worst game I have seen in a very long time involving Ireland. Referee is awful too.

Ireland weren't great, particularly the lineout so POC has much to do there, but how god awful bad are England?

They're a raggle taggle outfit who seem to have been thrown together for an end of season tour!
Not that I'm complaining  ;D

JPGJOHNNYG

Looks like Eddie Jones wasn't doing too bad with England after all ;D. England and Wales at a similar level and South Africa just smashed Wales at the weekend.

NAG1

Probably fair to say the standard has dropped across the board in recent seasons.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on August 21, 2023, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: Rudi on August 19, 2023, 06:40:38 PM

Ireland weren't great, particularly the lineout so POC has much to do there, but how god awful bad are England?

They're a raggle taggle outfit who seem to have been thrown together for an end of season tour!
Not that I'm complaining  ;D
Line-out has been hit and miss over the last few years. They'll not win much without nailing their set pieces.

Hound

Didn't watch the game, as unlike Autumn tests v the southern hemisphere sides, this was a genuine friendly! So match fitness was important, but they had to be careful to give nothing away to World Cup opposing managers in terms of their set pieces and patterns, so I wouldn't read much into the Ireland performance

Estimator

Took them a while, but Farrell will miss two games at the World Cup. Argentina and Japan.
4 game ban in total, with the Ireland and Fiji also included.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JPGJOHNNYG

All blacks getting hammered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 25, 2023, 09:21:23 PM
South Africa laying down a lot of markers.

marty34

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 25, 2023, 09:23:13 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 25, 2023, 09:21:23 PM
South Africa laying down a lot of markers.

All fun and games at this stage.

grounded

New Zealand still outright favourites 12/5 with South Africa 4/1. Its hard to explain after watching that, but there you go.

From the Bunker

Quote from: grounded on August 25, 2023, 11:01:01 PM
New Zealand still outright favourites 12/5 with South Africa 4/1. Its hard to explain after watching that, but there you go.

It's called tradition.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 25, 2023, 11:26:20 PM
Quote from: grounded on August 25, 2023, 11:01:01 PM

It's called tradition.
12/5 includes a reasonable amount of uncertainty.
Ireland v SA should be a cracker. The draw is insane.