The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on October 03, 2019, 12:43:55 PM
Jesus it's hard watching lads!!!!

I imagine it's tough out there and getting tougher but still we need this fecking try!

I'd give Russia a lot of credit.

Bundee Ake shouldn't be seen in an Ireland jersey again though.

t_mac

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: t_mac on October 03, 2019, 01:08:33 PM
Russia must be awesome.

The handling errors from Ireland have been astonishing. What have they been doing for the last few weeks

weareros

We are setting ourselves up nicely for a perfect ambush of the cocky All-Blacks. A bonus point struggle against the Samoans will be final piece of the jigsaw.

AZOffaly

Can you wear gloves in Rugby?

magpie seanie

Long past time people faced facts - we play stone age rugby. Today we made a pathetic team of ex wrestlers look reasonable. Our players have any creativity or flair sucked out of them by this setup. But of course you can't question Joe.....drives me daft.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 03, 2019, 01:18:09 PM
Can you wear gloves in Rugby?
Yep.

Remember Andy Goode? He always wore them and apparently he's getting great mileage on social media over it

Dinny Breen

And BOD. Had a pair myself.  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Johnny talking shite there about how good the Russians were. Such garbage.

grounded

Do Ireland qualify if they beat Samoa with a bonus point? What are the possible permutations given scotland now play Japan?

johnnycool

Quote from: grounded on October 03, 2019, 01:36:28 PM
Do Ireland qualify if they beat Samoa with a bonus point? What are the possible permutations given scotland now play Japan?

Scotland need to pick up bonus points all around and obviously need to beat Japan and the referees will make sure that doesn't happen  :o

AZOffaly

Quote from: grounded on October 03, 2019, 01:36:28 PM

If Scotland beat Japan, I think Ireland still win the group with a bonus point win v Samoa?

Ireland currently have 11 points,
Japan have 9,
Scotland and Samoa have 5

So if Ireland end up with 16, then Japan would need to beat Scotland and Samoa to pass them out, which would eliminate Samoa and Scotland.
Scotland wouldn't be able to catch them as their max is 15,
Samoa's max would be 12 I suppose, if Ireland beat them with a BP.

So a Bonus Point win will definitely get them 2nd, and if Scotland beat Japan (or Samoa beat Japan) then the BP win v Samoa would be enough to win the group I think.

Milltown Row2

I think there has only been one or two plus handicaps won so far, all of the minnows (bar 1 or 2)have kept it below what the bookies sugested would be the score..

The bigger eams are not getting too carried away at stuffing these teams, the bonus point is important though. didnt see the game but was the conditions bad, weather wise?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2019, 01:42:47 PM
I think there has only been one or two plus handicaps won so far, all of the minnows (bar 1 or 2)have kept it below what the bookies sugested would be the score..

The bigger eams are not getting too carried away at stuffing these teams, the bonus point is important though. didnt see the game but was the conditions bad, weather wise?

They talk as if the humidity inside the roofed stadium is like a sauna and the amount of handling errors by all teams is way up.