Sport stars you have actually met who you thought were sound or not

Started by The Real Laoislad, February 11, 2009, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Danny Dichio - very sound - buying us Jagerbombs and taking me and a buddy to a strip club  :D

Doogie Browser

Was there not youtube footage of Bellamy in the Hatfield singing Celtic songs?

AZOffaly

Paul Mariner as well. Very sound. Wanted me to help coach his kids academy in Phoenix AZ. I'd like to think he was impressed by my skill, but I think it was the fact that I had an Irish, therefore exotic for Yanks, accent.

his holiness nb

Steve Nicol, absolute Gent.

Alan Smith (the old Arsenal lad not the young lad who played for leeds and united), tried to jump my entire queue in Gatwick (or Heathrow, can never remember the difference) for a connecting trip to the Carribbean in a sort of, "dont you know I'm Alan Smith" sort of way.
The staff were having none of it and he ended up rejoining the queue ever further back that if he had just joined the queue in the first place. Didnt look happy, I was delighted!
Ask me holy bollix

corn02

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 11, 2009, 01:47:29 PM

Yip, I met him in the same establishment on a different night - he was a regular.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on February 11, 2009, 01:59:27 PM

Yip, I met him in the same establishment on a different night - he was a regular.

Doing a bit of a 'steady line' ahem?

longrunsthefox

My brother met Rodney Marsh in California and got him to sign a birthday card for me. He signed it 'Rodney Marsh (George Best's mate)' like I wouldn't know who he was. thought it was a strange way to identify himself. He was class too

David McKeown

I'd agree with most of the comments about the Irish team there met them in a hotel once and they were all sound.  Also met Rui Costa, Petit and Pauletta from the Portugese team they were sound too.  Met Xavier and Luis Figo too they werent not sound and posed for picture etc the other three were great craic.

Met some of the Northern Ireland team out one night in Belfast when I was out with a few mates (mainly northern Ireland fans).  We started asking if we could buy them a drink, most turned down the offer in a rude way but Roy Carroll said aye I'll have a coke just, when we went to pay he wouldnt let us bought the 6 or 7 of us pints all night.  Said at the time they used to get a lot of people whod offer to buy them a drink but then try to shaft them with the bill which was why the other boys were having none of our offers.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on February 11, 2009, 01:59:27 PM

Met him one morning me and a couple mates were coming out of a house on Agincourt Avenue at about 6 in the morning after a party, Craig was just dandering down to the Hat to get his belongings before going back for training!! He was dead on, posed for photos with us and everything. Told us he was just out of some blades house. Then saw in the paper not so long after him and his pregnant girlfriend!!

The Real Laoislad

Should also have put Tommy Coyne onto the met and were sound list..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Declan

Met a number of the Irish lads over the years in different circumstances and have all been sound  - Met Beckham a as well around 2002 and he was an absolute gent

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Declan on February 11, 2009, 02:52:38 PM
Met a number of the Irish lads over the years in different circumstances and have all been sound  - Met Beckham a as well around 2002 and he was an absolute gent

I was just gonna ask had anyone met Beckham...always struck me as someone who would be sound
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Met Rooney in a nightclub in Liverpool inearly 2003 before he moved over to the dark side. He was a gent, not sure his missus would have approved if she had of been watching him though............  :P
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Oh forgot to mention.

Met the Middlesborough team in the Carrcikdale once.

Curtis Fleming was staying beside Emerson. I went up and asked Curtis for his autograph first. "I think you mean him mate" he said pointing to Emerson.  :D

thejuice

Sat beside Ray Houghton on a Ryanair flight. I asked him the time and he told me. Seemed reasonable.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016